Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curious?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 imissplaytv

Just read that thread about the guy cheating in his Leaving a year or two ago - :eek:

Couldn't believe the amount of people who freaked out at him, it's only an exam for crying out loud, people going on as if he was a murderer. Does anyone know what actually happened in the end? Hopefully he got away with it, I say fair play to him for taking the risk and for cheating the system.

What would peoples general attitudes be towards cheating just out of curiosity? Personally I wouldn't take the risk but if you do - fair play.

Once a cheat, always a cheat, a fraudster, he's probably in goverment now.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Oh Sheesh Yall Twas A Dream

Once a cheat, always a cheat, a fraudster, he's probably in goverment now.:(
    Ya have to give him credit though,he has balls. If I cheated I would be bricking it going in.

Ya have to give him credit though,he has balls. If I cheated I would be bricking it going in.

Em, sure you would cover your ass though and keep in mind that Big Brother is watching, you wouldn't publicise it on the web with a link to your Bebo page now would ya, bit of an idiot now he looks!!:D
    sMaN wrote: »
    I'm just curious, is it a myth or does you're whole leaving cert get cancelled if you get caught cheating. Does anybody have any stories about it?

Looking at the posters name, I reckon he's just:D out of prison and trying to stir up memories of his first crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Hi, imissplaytv, welcome to boards!

You can multi-quote several posts and respond to them in the same post.

Simply click on the little icon with the " sign over the + underneath the posts you want to quote (it will go red) and when you are ready to reply to all, simply click on "post reply".

The posts you have clicked on will appear in the reply box, and you can comment on them individually or whatever you wish at that point. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

True, life isn't always fair. In fact, it very often isn't fair.

Cheat in the LC, get away with it. Other people suffer. Why should he care about anyone else?

Cheat in business, in politics, in life. Other people suffer. Why should he care about anyone else?

Is that really the kind of world you are happy to grow up in, Ferris?

Touché.

I suppose the way I'm thinking of it is just that many people are taking this whole Leaving Cert too serious (probably won't get many agreeing with me in a LC forum!) and went beserk over what I would class as intelligent - although admittedly unfair.

Your point about other people suffering is also a good one when compared to if he kept this up in other aspects of later life, I guess in my opinion a line just must be drawn, as I think there are far more bigger and important things in life than an exam.

Anyways its getting late (3:18 wtf:eek:) and I'm starting to go completely off the subject, so I'll stop rambling on and call it a night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Oh Sheesh Yall Twas A Dream

Em, sure you would cover your ass though and keep in mind that Big Brother is watching, you wouldn't publicise it on the web with a link to your Bebo page now would ya, bit of an idiot now he looks!!:D
    It would actually fairly easy to cheat in the exam if you took your calculator apart and replaced the internals with a modified one, no one would no the difference.What a gob****e thought I'd say all his friends found out.Its not too bad when you cheat when your the only one who knows your cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I suppose the way I'm thinking of it is just that many people are taking this whole Leaving Cert too serious (probably won't get many agreeing with me in a LC forum!) ... as I think there are far more bigger and important things in life than an exam.
    I actually agree with that, just not with where your thinking took you from there! :D

Good-night!

I actually agree with that, just not with where your thinking took you from there! :D

Good-night!

Thanks for the instructions and the welcome.

The whole Leaving Cert thing is absolutely crazy and imo the parents are the ones putting the pressure on. God help those kids, in tens years time they won't even remember their results.

Nite now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

This was the person who cheated a few years back.

<snip>

Pic deleted, there's no need to drag him through boards again, the matter has presumably been dealt with by the competent authorities.

Nor do we need to know where he is from, that is irrelevant to the whole incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Duffman'05

I have to say,

I don't think I'd hold a grudge against anyone who did a bit of cheating in a compulsory LC subect that they were not counting for points and was in no way related to their CAO choices.

I mean, personally I just think it's madness that someone who wants to do English in UCD, for example, and achieves the required points honestly could miss out on it because they failed ordinary level Irish or Maths for example, not through laziness obviously (that's inexcusable) but just due to an inability to deal with foreign languages or algebra.

That's my two cents any ways...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Duffman'05 wrote: »
    I have to say,

I don't think I'd hold a grudge against anyone who did a bit of cheating in a compulsory LC subect that they were not counting for points and was in no way related to their CAO choices.

I mean, personally I just think it's madness that someone who wants to do English in UCD, for example, and achieves the required points honestly could miss out on it because they failed ordinary level Irish or Maths for example, not through laziness obviously (that's inexcusable) but just due to an inability to deal with foreign languages or algebra.

That's my two cents any ways...
    Irish is a foreign language now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Irish is a joke. That;s what it is. Why the hell do I have to pass Irish to get my course which is in business? It's stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

Irish is a foreign language now?

Irish isn't "foreign" to the country but I think what he meant by it was a "second language."

Advertisement