Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pain (months) after pregnancy - normal or not?

Options
  • 12-06-2010 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

Hi Ladies,

Could you please tell me if any of you continued to have abdominal/Pelvic pain after labour? (Period like cramps)
    It's just over 14 weeks since I had my little girl. I had my first period after labour at the end of April & none since.
    I'm 2 weeks overdue but have done 4 pregnancy tests and all are negative. I have been having period like pains the past 2 weeks which seem to be getting more intense.

I know its not permissible to ask for medical advice here & I'm not; I will go to the GP next week should it get worse, but it will be Monday at earliest before I get near the gp.
    I just want to find out in the mean time has anyone else experienced similar?
    Maybe it is normal/just the hormones settling down after pregnancy?

I've tried google it to see if it might be common after pregnancy, but the only info I can obtain is women saying it took a few weeks/months for their first period after pregnancy then all went back to normal.

I know you can skip periods due to breastfeeding (notapplicable), stress (not applicable) and not eating enough (Definitely not applicable :o).

If I'm honest the symptoms all feel a bit like pregnancy, nausea in the mornings, very hormonal/teary & cramps. But surely 4 x pregnancy tests in 2 x weeks can't be wrong :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Baby blues can happen up to 6 months after you have the baby, your body can go a little haywire hormoane wise as it starts to reset it's self and your womb is not back to where it started and neither is your back.

So yes being all over the place like that happens, just mind yoruself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Thanks Thaedydal, I think I'm just focusing on it too much. I did one more pregnancy test this morning (all others I did in afternoon, thought possibly HCG levels not high enough later in day on other tests) but that was also negative.

I'm just going to try not focus on it, if they don't arrive the end of this month then maybe I'll talk to my doc.
    Just wish the feckin cramps would ease off :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I'm in the same boat as you Cap! If I didn't know better I'd say I was preggers again, especially the low down cramps.

I also had a period in April whilst breastfeeding and nothing since... I can't say I'm missing them but I'd like to know where I'm at all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Glad to hear I'm not alone :) Not glad you're in pain mind, hope it doesn't last too long.

It must be the hormones because I was obsessively doing pregnancy tests for a week there I was so convinced! :o
    Now I'm chilled out about it and assuming it's just one of those things and most likely AF will return this month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

I've started having pains and cramps now too! Can guarantee you I'm not pregnant... the thought of sex has not appealed to me since I had Isobel. All those stitches.... :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement