Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superintendent

• 12-06-2010 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Does anyone else have a really annoying superintendent. We're located in a big hall and all the leaving certs are divided into three groups each with their own superintendent . There is this one superintendent who talks out loud about making sure you put down the right exam number on your booklet during the exam. Its really annoying because instinctively you look up and where i'm located you can't even hear what he's saying and you just look around and everyone is saying the same thing "What the £uck is he saying". He's been like this in every exam pointing out the blatantly obvious , you would swear we were invalids the way he goes on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Does anyone else have a really annoying superintendent. We're located in a big hall and all the leaving certs are divided into three groups each with their own superintendent . There is this one superintendent who talks out loud about making sure you put down the right exam number on your booklet during the exam. Its really annoying because instinctively you look up and where i'm located you can't even hear what he's saying and you just look around and everyone is saying the same thing "What the £uck is he saying". He's been like this in every exam pointing out the blatantly obvious , you would swear we were invalids the way he goes on.

Probably something he has been paid to do, just as long as he does not do it during the exam. hope he has not go noisy shoes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Oh Sheesh Yall Twas A Dream

cbreeze wrote: »
    Probably something he has been paid to do, just as long as he does not do it during the exam. hope he has not go noisy shoes
    He does it during the exam. None of the other superintendents do it. His voice echos around the hall as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

My superintendant and the one from the Junior side of the hall keep chatting, I can hear them whispering during exams because they're usually less than 20 feet away from where I am. It's really annoying. I'm sitting there thinking, like, hello? Sitting an exam here.

That's nothing though, my school is in a busy area, so I hear buses every 10 minutes, someone parked outside blaring the radio for about 30 minutes and someone else beeped their horn for about 30 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 XXRachelXX

My one wears big high heels and you can hear them echo all around the hall, so annoying :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

The superintendent beside my area does the EXACT same thing. Starts to randomly shout out information during the first 15 minutes of the exam, and everyone in my area is like,"What the fcuk is he saying? Would he just shut the fcuk up!"..... Well that's what I say.:p He's uber leet!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭CantStandMeNow

Hi Supernintendo Chalmers!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Where I am, there are four superintendents. They all repeat each other, as if we can't hear the other ones saying it.

'5 minutes left'
    The next one
    'There's 5 minutes left'
    The next one
    'Another 5 minutes to go'
    My one
    '5 minutes'

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Hi Supernintendo Chalmers!

Took the words out of my mouth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Where I am, there are four superintendents. They all repeat each other, as if we can't hear the other ones saying it.

'5 minutes left'
    The next one
    'There's 5 minutes left'
    The next one
    My one
    '5 minutes'

My own started English paper 1 five minutes early and ended it five minutes early. She also didn't give out the log tabled at tge beginning of the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Our one read out the rules on the first day and then was like "ok im supposed to do this everyday but I wont" but she does anyway, so we always start late!
    Also, she wears shoes with bells (Dont ask...) attached so she literally jingles as she walks around!
    Thirdly, she always brings a pack of biscuits in which she tries to open so very loudly, like you'd think she'd open before the exam??
    Lastly :rolleyes: during my home ec exam there was only like 5 in the centre and she actually decided to sellotape a whole envelope from the roll (like, an a envelope..) so everytime she pulled a strip, it was like 'ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip' really loudly and she did it for a good 20minutes.

6 days left of it! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

ours is so flustered his comb over keeps falling down! :D but he takes ages to hand out the answer books then blames us for starting late!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Fete

fufureida wrote: »
    My own started English paper 1 five minutes early and ended it five minutes early. She also didn't give out the log tabled at tge beginning of the exam.
    Ours keeps starting 5 minutes late and doesn't give us extra time. I really hate her. She's so lazy too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Ours seems sound enough. However he sometimes doesn't realise when I have my hand up for paper. Twice a superintendent had to come from the centre beside me and give me paper. I'm not even sure if that's allowed, having the wrong stamp on all. I actually didn't check what centre number the stamp said - but it probably was her centre, not mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,444 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you have a problem, complain. Preferably to your own principal, so there is no come back on you.
    You needed log tables for the English exam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Victor wrote: »

You needed log tables for the English exam!
    It was probably an essay on integration ... >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

Ours seems sound enough. However he sometimes doesn't realise when I have my hand up for paper. Twice a superintendent had to come from the centre beside me and give me paper. I'm not even sure if that's allowed, having the wrong stamp on all. I actually didn't check what centre number the stamp said - but it probably was her centre, not mine.

I just walked up to get some extra paper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

'5 minutes left'
    The next one
    'There's 5 minutes left'
    The next one
    My one
    '5 minutes'

Same here. And they talk simultaneously at the start so nobody catches a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Our superintendent eats at least 2 packets of crisps each exam.
    She pours tea from her flask every 20 mins, one day she spilled it all over her desk :D:D
    She eats bars of chocolate! SOO LOUD!
    She must have a fetish for cellotape, everyday she has to tear off strips. :confused:

EVERYTHING she does is extremely loud. Its very irritating. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

double GG wrote: »
    EVERYTHING she does is extremely loud.
    It probably isn't, in reality.

Big hall, probably inclined to echo, silence otherwise, everyone tense and preternaturally alert to the slightest sound ...

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭_Chaos

ours is so funny, hes really old and at the start of the first exam he gave this speech about having supervised exams for years and how its his thrid year in our school, and how next year he wont be let coz hes too old :p
    but he doesnt even notice you, like my mate had his hand up for a good 20mins in the middle of the exam to go to the bathroom, and the attendent never noticed, so my mate just ended up walking out :L happened a good few times at this stage :L
    hes so funny walking around the room tho, hes out of breath by the time he gets to the end of the room, and bumped into me a good 4 times :L
    doesnt say much tho? :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

Hmm.....Good luck with english, I'm sure you'll do great! did you remember to use the chain rule for King Lear, yeh?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 nijel

hey did anyone shout ouut really loudly THIS IS PAPER 2 :eek: HAha wud be funny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

nijel wrote: »
    hey did anyone shout ouut really loudly THIS IS PAPER 2 :eek: HAha wud be funny!!

lol I was so tempted, especially when I as the one signing off on the envelope

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Peter03

nijel wrote: »

HAHA, I would have, but never thought of it :D

Advertisement