Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHATS YOUR EXAMINER LIKE

• 12-06-2010 3:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

just a THREAD TO GLORIFY----GIVE OUT ABOUT OR LAUGH AT YOUR EXAMINER--REPLKY WITH A DESCRIPTION OF YOURS.:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

my examiner tells us daily to go to the toilet before we come in....were always late starting because he does everything so slow......but he always moans at us for it even though we come in 20 minutes early..........he gave us out prayer booklets and read them aloud and when you ask to go to the toilet he yawn and stands looking at you for a minute with his mouth open before saying yes........today he told us to use a peoper calculator when we asked what he meant he said a non programmable one......i asked define non programmable and he just looked stumped...................he tells very odd jokes and we all feel so uncomfortable and shocked that we laugh and that makes him tell more

also when you go to the toilet he writes it down on your answer booklet..........is he supposed to do that

oh and 2day i forgot to put down my calculators make/model..........is that a big deal/..........or does it even matter at all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

denballs wrote: »
    just a THREAD TO GLORIFY----GIVE OUT ABOUT OR LAUGH AT YOUR EXAMINER--REPLKY WITH A DESCRIPTION OF YOURS.:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

my examiner tells us daily to go to the toilet before we come in....were always late starting because he does everything so slow......but he always moans at us for it even though we come in 20 minutes early..........he gave us out prayer booklets and read them aloud and when you ask to go to the toilet he yawn and stands looking at you for a minute with his mouth open before saying yes........today he told us to use a peoper calculator when we asked what he meant he said a non programmable one......i asked define non programmable and he just looked stumped...................he tells very odd jokes and we all feel so uncomfortable and shocked that we laugh and that makes him tell more

also when you go to the toilet he writes it down on your answer booklet..........is he supposed to do that

oh and 2day i forgot to put down my calculators make/model..........is that a big deal/..........or does it even matter at all

How'd your English exam go?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Kynareth

Firstly, yes he is, because it's used to check against cheaters you could have answers stashed in your trousers so you go to the bathroom to check them.

And yes, that's a big thing. It confirms whether or not you were using a programmable calculator which in essence is cheating because some can simply do the sum for you.

And he's an examiner? I don't see who you need to laugh or mock them, it's not exactly fair. You try going into a school with people you don't know and expect to get along with them for a week and a half. Some people just try to lighten the mood that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I didn't put my calculator make down either :(:confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭klose

Mine is the soundest man ever, he starts all exams about 5 mins early and gives us about 5 mins again at the end for people still writing, a guys phone went off yesterday and we all just laughed including himself, he makes the mood a happy one which helps i feel!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Kynareth wrote: »
    Firstly, yes he is, because it's used to check against cheaters you could have answers stashed in your trousers so you go to the bathroom to check them.

And yes, that's a big thing. It confirms whether or not you were using a programmable calculator which in essence is cheating because some can simply do the sum for you.

And he's an examiner? I don't see who you need to laugh or mock them, it's not exactly fair. You try going into a school with people you don't know and expect to get along with them for a week and a half. Some people just try to lighten the mood that way.

Take her easy pal...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I suppose he's doing his best.
    Poor guy seems better than ours. At least he attempts to crack jokes and help you. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

We've got a woman, and she's sound enough - can't complain!

Mine like to have whispered conversations directly behind me. It's a bit distracting but otherwise they're lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭mahonykid

my one seems fairly on the ball she always lookin and walking around the class shes sound too which is fair enough....compared to the one i had for junior cert who fell asleep a few times and started snoring haha

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

LOVELYYYY

she is really nice haha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

Mine's a bit dozy, but nice enough. He takes his time doing everything which can be a bit irritating when you're stressed.

As I'm an external candidate I have to sign a sheet at every exam, he waits until 10 mins into the exam, just as i'm getting going before tapping me on the shoulder and shoving the page under my nose. That's f*cking annoying!

I have the same one I had at junior cert, I just remembered that!

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Ours hides chocolate bars behind the big box and takes about an hour to unwrap them:mad:

Seems alright, though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Mines just awful!!

Her phone has rang twice during the exams. She eats Crisps all the time! and she tries to do it quietly which means its louder.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

mines sound enough. She's strict when it comes to the rules but before and after the exams shes bang on...

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

I sit at the back of my room and theres a window behind me. My examiner loves to stand behind me and look out, or stand behind me and read what im writing.

But shes very sound though!

She gave out to our exam attendant (4th yr girl) yesterday, was very funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Ours is pretty alright too, she barely says anything though apart from "start now, finish up"
    Three phones went off on Wednesday during english one, she had to go rooting through the piles of bags to find it! :p The third time she gave up and just waited for it to stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Apparently mine is a chemistry teacher in Finglas. He's sound but he just looks like he doesn't wanna be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 vicksterchick

Ours is lovely. :) He looks like Rolf Harris without the glasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Mines alright, can't really fault him, doesn't talk much, although he has weird eyes so when you look up and he's staring at you it kind of feels like he's staring into your soul or something! :eek: I think he has a cold or sore throat or something because he keeps coughing and clearing his throat. :(
    Theres another exmainer though thats dead on, whenever he walks past us in the corridor he'd be telling us not to worry, take a break for the weekend or he'd ask how the exam went. It justs seems to take the edge off you.

Anyone else find when they come in with tea/coffee and biscuits really annoying? Im right beside his table so when he opens the little pot of coffee the smell is absolutely delicious, and he usually gets chocolate biscuits. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Cen92

He looks like Captain Birds Eye/ King Lear/ Gloucester.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Our examiner spilt tea everywhere during the very first test :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

My one is fairly alright he's pretty strict about having your phone with you in the exam. It's a bit annoying though he always walks around by my desk and takes a special interest in reading my exam. During geography he actually walked a full circle around my desk to continue reading my answer, I think he's a geography teacher, I thought at one point he was going to give me a hint or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

dee o gee wrote: »
    Anyone else find when they come in with tea/coffee and biscuits really annoying? Im right beside his table so when he opens the little pot of coffee the smell is absolutely delicious, and he usually gets chocolate biscuits. :rolleyes:

Yeah! I'm right beside them too and I find the smell quite distracting for a moment or two!

Ours is lovely, very nervous though. When people were upset she was really trying to cheer them up which was lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Sound as a pound, our 'Superintendent'

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

Thankfully, ours is perfect. The one we had for the Junior Cert was so annoying - ate her scone incredibly loudly, but even worse, she would talk to the class during the exams. Like she'd remember a rule halfway through and announce it and that destroys my train of thought. Our Leaving Cert person is lovely - really nice, and really follows the rules to the book which is better for everyone. Starts on time, makes everyone put their phone outside, doesn't talk and drinks her tea so quietly you wouldn't even notice she's doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Our one's a right eejit.
    She's better than the first day - she kept walking up and down really distractingly and she was really slow giving out the exams and it was really annoying the other 2 halves of the hall getting their papers before us.
    It annoyed me that she wouldn't let people keep their papers walking out 2 hours into exams..it was quite silly, why do they do that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

funny stuff......guys.....epecially the birds eye one.lmao...........im right bwith you guys that hate them resding what yopur writing.........i went completly red when mine leaned over my shoulder just as i was referencing a part in the bookseller of kabul were a women has sex with a hoarse ....he made a sorta choking noise when he was doing it so id say he was a bit shocked.......probly hasnt read the book.......

Sorry but I lol'd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Please tell me you don't write like you type...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement