Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to fermoy?

Options
  • 12-06-2010 3:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi!

i am going to start my Phd in Teagasc, Moore park, Fermoy and I am wondering where to live...i will get just 750 euros per month so i need a spend the less money i can. Could anyone give information about Fermoy (eg. public transportation, if there's any...) where to look for a room and any other info you might think could be useful for me?:rolleyes:

thank you in advance!!!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Vitoldus

Hi there,

Public transportation - Fermoy is on the Cork-Dublin route, so you can get to Cork by bus and somewhere else from there (it's about 40 min bus ride).

Moorpark is a bit outside Fermoy so you'll need somebody to give you a lift prepare for long walks. There are taxis, but that's not really a budget choice.

For accommodation there's always daft.ie and locally "the avondhu" - local paper. There are also noticeboards in shops around fermoy, usually there's something there to rent. If there's anything specific you'd like to know give me a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Buy a bike!!. Its not really a long cycle and the road is quiet enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

I'd imagine rents are very low in that neck of the woods these days - a 1 bed purpose built (as oppoed to Victorian conversion slum) apartment used to be around 500 a month - I can imagine a share would be very cheap these days.
    Buy a bike as other posters are saying, Moore Park is a bit out but an easy cycle.

The town is nice. People are friendly and there are a few pubs that are ok at weekends. I think the community centre shows the odd film too.

Advertisement