Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary Level Irish

• 12-06-2010 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

Well I am fairly fecked for Irish.....What poems and storys do you think I should concentrate on ??:confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

trepasers wrote: »
    Well I am fairly fecked for Irish.....What poems and storys do you think I should concentrate on ??:confused::confused:

I'd say definitely know "Gealt?" anyway as it hasn't come up as a compulsory question in many years.

Edit; And actually I think you could get away with leaving out one story, as they usually only ask two for the part A of that pros, and then they ask the rest below for the themes question. I could be wrong though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 zej

An Bean Og!!! Didn't come up in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

This is really annoying me this subject. I do lots of other higher level ones and pass Irish and it's just a joke. I need to spend ages studying the subjects I need to get into college not this. I used to like Irish and I did higher for the JC but now it just feels like a waste of time, nothing is done in class and now I suck at IRish.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

what topics should you go over for paper 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

The poems and stories only add up to like 18% of the overall mark, so I'm not really bothered.
    I'll make up something about Clair Sa Speir if it comes up, or an bhean og.
    And the poems are given, so you can do some bull**** on that.

I'd say you could get a good 10% out of the 18 if you don't sudy.
    Paper1 is worth twice as much, and it's easier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ithoughtitwasap

I've just decided to do pass Irish, I would have stuck with higher, but I'm doing relatively well otherwise, and I don't want to get my points and then fail Irish and have to repeat. :P

If anyone could give me some topics to prepare for the composition I'd be very grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 LNags

ceol choirm...hahaha!!
    holidays nearly always comes up in the letter.."you are in your aunts house in america.."
    i just do the leathleathneach on something relevent... once it was favourite day of the week, it can be pastimes or anything really! just know your verbs and basic vocab and you will be ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ithoughtitwasap

Cheers, I saw the leathleathanach for the essay and I accidentally punched myself in the balls in delight! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Cheers, I saw the leathleathanach for the essay and I accidentally punched myself in the balls in delight! :P
    What does leathleathanach mean? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Finical wrote: »
    What does leathleathanach mean? :o

Thats never a good sign ;) Half page by the way!

• Advertisement

double GG wrote: »
    Thats never a good sign ;) Half page by the way!
    lol yeah Irish is balls for me. Half page for the essay, good news all the same I usually write a page and a half. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Sceal is 20 lines isn't it?

What about the litir?
    About a page with the proper layout?

Victoria. wrote: »
    Sceal is 20 lines isn't it?

What about the litir?
    About a page with the proper layout?
    Yeah I'd say that's about right, well mine are usually a page anyways. I'm no genius at Irish though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

would these be enough to learn:
    Ceolchorim
    Holidays
    part-time job
    sport?

Advertisement