Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polytunnels...again

Options
  • 12-06-2010 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Hi all..
    I've been longing to have a poly tunnel for a while and finally have my back garden sowed and grass growing.... I was checking round and there is some good enough value out there...

Here's one I thought wass good enough value as it is erected for the price...

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/gardening/1160304
    4.5m*8m, 800 gauge poly for €850

View2?id=3013603

Has anyone bought this year, would I get better prices anywhere else..

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I got one from firsttunnelsdirect.co.uk last year. Fantastic quality product and great service and help from them. They don't erect them in Ireland thou.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Qwerty? wrote: »
    I got one from firsttunnelsdirect.co.uk last year. Fantastic quality product and great service and help from them. They don't erect them in Ireland thou.

If you dn't mind me asking what sort of money did that work into delivered??

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

Hi Bbam,

just wondering which of the photo's is the size that you were looking at?

the link seems to shows 2 or 3 different sizes with a fair difference between them in lenght, width and ridge height:confused:

if i was buying i would look no further than Morris tunnels in Omagh...usually best on price and are well constructed and erected( no affiliation)

went the diy route myself this year and built a 6m x3m for less than 100yoyo's....not pretty but functional ( like meself!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

bbam wrote: »
    If you dn't mind me asking what sort of money did that work into delivered??

For a 14' super x 25', high sided tunnel, (with antifog plastic, Baserail kit(worth every penny), crop bars, storm bracing, staging, irrigation system, ground cover) it was under €1000 delivered. They had 10% off last year.

Comes in at £1004 sterling now ex delivery thou

dardevle wrote: »

went the diy route myself this year and built a 6m x3m for less than 100yoyo's....not pretty but functional ( like meself!)

Was that a PVC pipe construction ??
    I'd love to but time is a problem..... Farm jobs stacked high and no spare time :(

• Advertisement

telecom ducting pipe over scaffold tube anchor legs is the skeleton structure...sourced for free in the current climate, the only expense was 1,000 gauge poly sheeting and hotspot tape from a local supplier...rear panel and front door structures from scab timber i had lying about the place. i hear ya on the free time issue-i got all the materials together, had a clear plan of what i wanted then invited a few mates over for the evening( generated a lot of interest), had the bulk of construction done in one afternoon/evening and just finished the cosmetics myself on another couple of evenings....2 guys that helped have since built their own:)

dardevle wrote: »

telecom ducting pipe over scaffold tube anchor legs is the skeleton structure...sourced for free in the current climate, the only expense was 1,000 gauge poly sheeting and hotspot tape from a local supplier...rear panel and front door structures from scab timber i had lying about the place. i hear ya on the free time issue-i got all the materials together, had a clear plan of what i wanted then invited a few mates over for the evening( generated a lot of interest), had the bulk of construction done in one afternoon/evening and just finished the cosmetics myself on another couple of evenings....2 guys that helped have since built their own:)

Ya see... now I'm thinking maybe I do have the time to try that..

Cheers

bbam wrote: »
    Ya see... now I'm thinking maybe I do have the time to try that..

Cheers

definitely go for it if you can and are capable of a bit of diy (no ? of that with you being on a farm:))..... it takes the satisfaction of growing your own to a different level.

Advertisement