Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Date ideas in Galway?

Options
  • 12-06-2010 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi guys

I am going on a first date with a guy in Galway city in 2 weeks and I dont really know what to do/where to go!! Can anyone suggest any places/activities for us? Its going to be for a few hours in the morning/afternoon on a saturday & I am a student so i cant be too extravagent. Any ideas really appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

Are you a guy also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cindy90

No i am a girl, we are both 22. I am from East Galway and he is coming down from Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

walk on the prom, go to the aquarium, get ice cream.

sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Bring him to a secluded beach for some nudie swimming, that's bound to impress! ;)

Isnt it usually the guy that organises the first date?? If you want to do well with him then Its a day in the pub watching the world cup. No pain no gain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Internet dating is weird and awkward,i am assuming this is what it is with the geography involved.

I had one internet dating date,and was worst thing i ever did - NEVER AGAIN!

I would keep the date as simple as possible,coffee,walk the prom and then if that's fine arrange a second date and let it at that.

Clemon wrote: »
    Isnt it usually the guy that organises the first date?? If you want to do well with him then Its a day in the pub watching the world cup. No pain no gain

That was my thought also.

The girl i'm seeing now,my first date with her was fishing in Doolin. It wasn't as awkward as she was a customer of mine at work so i saw her every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Don't be discouraged, I met a guy off the internet (from Galway oddly enough) and we've been together for a year now.

So, having been on a few Galway dates, I would suggest a nice meal out, I'm so jealous of all the nice food there. Fat Freddie's was my personal favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Same here, I met my current boyfriend online a year and a half ago and we're very happy together, they're not all weirdos!!

Our first date, we walked out along the prom and then when we came back in we sat in Javas for hours talking. It was perfect.

Isnt it usually the guy that organises the first date??

Welcome to 2010, mate

• Advertisement

Xiney wrote: »
    Welcome to 2010, mate
    And theres me thinkin it was 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

sorted!

+1

Hard to go wrong with this OP

sorted!
    Good idea, but one very big flaw. What if it is raining?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

ambient-umbrella.jpg:D

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

If its raining you could take a wander around the galleries, check out to see if the Gmit final year exhibits will still be on display in cluin mhuire, or visit the museum.

Something I discovered recently - the bakery on Shop Street.. i don't know the name- its green and is near the bottom of the street - has what seems to be a cafe inside it.

For first dates I generally stick to cafes.. Javas has a nice relaxed atmosphere that is good for those situations. Weather dependent but a walk down the Claddagh is equally nice. Go to the shop near Monroes and purchase some bread to feed the ducks.

As for online dating, don't dismiss it until you try it. I have had success on there numerous times (heck I met the girl I'm currently seeing on one) and it's the way forward.

Back to dates - avoid pubs. I'm constantly bemused and annoyed at the unoriginality of people who think they are good for a first date - they are not!

Something I discovered recently - the bakery on Shop Street.. i don't know the name- its green and is near the bottom of the street - has what seems to be a cafe inside it.

For first dates I generally stick to cafes.. Javas has a nice relaxed atmosphere that is good for those situations. Weather dependent but a walk down the Claddagh is equally nice. Go to the shop near Monroes and purchase some bread to feed the ducks.

As for online dating, don't dismiss it until you try it. I have had success on there numerous times (heck I met the girl I'm currently seeing on one) and it's the way forward.

Back to dates - avoid pubs. I'm constantly bemused and annoyed at the unoriginality of people who think they are good for a first date - they are not!

Griffins or Griffiths.

Mr.Mister wrote: »
    Griffins or Griffiths.

thats it! Thanks. The cafe is well hidden- go into the bakery itself and its at the back.

the aquarium is indoors, so I'd imagine they'd simply spend less time outdoors and more time looking at starfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

thats it! Thanks. The cafe is well hidden- go into the bakery itself and its at the back.

I *really* want to love this place, because it has great atmosphere, so have given it a try a few times. It was my 'old' daily bakery for years, and the shop staff couldn't be more sound. It is hilarious now though, the cafe staff seem to be like chalk and cheese, half are lovely, and half seem to be trying to win a medal for rudeness!!
    Don't go in if you are in a mad hurry or if it's packed, and try to sit downstairs at the back or outside. I am giving it one last try with a friend this week too.

• Advertisement

cindy90 wrote: »
    Hi guys

I am going on a first date with a guy in Galway city in 2 weeks and I dont really know what to do/where to go!! Can anyone suggest any places/activities for us? Its going to be for a few hours in the morning/afternoon on a saturday & I am a student so i cant be too extravagent. Any ideas really appreciated. :)

I wonder how this went?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭catmelodian

Back seat, windows up.

Advertisement