Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buying a dog fang or similar in Dublin

• 12-06-2010 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

Need to get one of these fairly sharpish. I know Slane cycles do them but is there anywhere closer I can pick one up.

@Dave2pd; I tried the email for that N-gear but got nowhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Cycle Superstore has them.

I'm not sure of the brand but I saw them there today in two different sizes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

Howzabout:

Google Shopping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

@ Dave......I found a few on e-bay but can't really wait for delivery as I can't go the top of the cassette without it dropping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Chain dropping is usually a symptom of other issues. Don't ignore them by using a dog fang (which has no real reason to exist). Fix what causes the chain to drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

Chain dropping is usually a symptom of other issues. Don't ignore them by using a dog fang (which has no real reason to exist). Fix what causes the chain to drop.

Right.

Some issues:
    • Bumpy surfaces
    • Aggressive shifting of front and rear simultaneously
    • Chain and/or ring wear

Keep in mind that pro mechanics frequently fit these to riders' bikes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I have found the prob!!! one of the joints where the bolt has goes thru has snapped. It had snapped before and I thought I had rejoined it but it has broken again and I can push that part of the rings with my finger so I would imagine that it would move quite a bit when I push down with my feet and the chainline is at the top of the spider arms and is the one just in front of the pedal so when the chainline is slightly 'strained' and I push down the 2 front rings moved and caused the chain to follow. Problem solved by picking up a nice 2nd hand set of cranks over the weekend.
    Gives me time now to order the Ngear and wait for it to arrive from the states or UK

Advertisement