Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: Hotel in Limerick City

Options
  • 12-06-2010 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

:):)Hi All, heading to Limerick city next weekend and wondering where to stay. I see the raddisson Blu or the absolute and was wondering about them. Its our wedding anniversary so dont mind 2 much about price though not over the top. What hotels are in city itself cause I might do some shopping while he watches matches and we also going to pink concert so location for thomond also..cheers everyone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Villa Limerick

Try the Strand Hotel lovely spot very central

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I'd recommend the strand hotel, good prices and the staff are amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

+1 on The Strand

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Scarlett68

Hi Pink100,

Yeah for what you want to do the strand is perfect! Its a walk in over the bridge to town for retail therapy and about a 15/20 minute walk to Thomond Park for the concert (parking could be a nightmare on the night!). But as a backup plan the Absolute is good too; nice rooms, friendly staff, and whilst not as good in terms of location as the strand is, its a good option!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭pink100

looked The Strand up, wanted to try get weekend offer which they do every weekend apart from this one cause the pink concert is on. I know they have to make money but still it is a bit rip off Ireland isn't it..They have loads of rooms up on website but at dearer price.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Yeah , was in Dublin for concert this weekend , same story. Depends on your budget, there are some good restaurant deals in Limerick right now, mostly in city centre. Good stay in Maldron , much cheaper and only five mins from city centre. Not much entertainment there but usually much cheaper, depends on your budget....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

pink100 wrote: »
    looked The Strand up, wanted to try get weekend offer which they do every weekend apart from this one cause the pink concert is on. I know they have to make money but still it is a bit rip off Ireland isn't it..They have loads of rooms up on website but at dearer price.. :(

Hi pink100 if you have not done already, try ringing the hotel directly you can often get a better deal that way.

Other decent hotels close to the city centre:

The Absolute Hotel
    Clarion Hotel
    Patrick Punches Hotel (10 minute walk from CC)
    The Savoy
    The George Boutique Hotel

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Thanks everyone, tried calling hotel, receptionist was very nice and told me to book weekend special on line..she didn't realise that it was off that weekend either..

anyway..Finally I booked it myself..even though its bit more then I had to pay but due to Pink Concert all hotel rooms are nearly doubled...

thanks ;)

Thank you for the great recommendation on the Strand..
    We are just back from a great weekend in Limerick City. The hotel was great, staff were extremely helpful, food was very good and service was also..will def go back and recommend it to anyone. Distance to Thomond is great. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Villa Limerick

you are very welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

shawnee wrote: »
    Yeah , was in Dublin for concert this weekend , same story. Depends on your budget, there are some good restaurant deals in Limerick right now, mostly in city centre. Good stay in Maldron , much cheaper and only five mins from city centre. Not much entertainment there but usually much cheaper, depends on your budget....;)

Well you could look out the window of the maldron and get plenty of entertainment there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Great to know you enjoyed your time here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Glad you had a nice visit to our City!!!

- If you are interested in Hamster Balls you should look up ItsMyYap - A regular Poster on here :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

In line with the charter this thread should be removed for being over-bearingly positive.

Advertisement