Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geog Q:underground feature

• 12-06-2010 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

ok did da underground feature in the irish landscape nd im just after realiseing i said the burren in co clare for da formation of a pillar and im after realisng i sud have said marble arch caves.i tink i will get 0 because my example wrong:(but i googled the burren and its says it has caves and stagilities so it it must have some pillars??what you think??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭klose

ailwee cave, the burren to be exact.

to be honest id say so? obviously an underground feature is underground and not on the surface of the burren itself so i guess theyd leave ya off??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MariaBabii

I talked about how limestone gets eroded blah blah blah and den about the formation of a cave and the stalactites and stalagmites in a cave?? That okay ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 monkeybusness2

ailwee cave, the burren to be exact.

to be honest id say so? obviously an underground feature is underground and not on the surface of the burren itself so i guess theyd leave ya off??

wel i hope so!!countn n an A1/A2..i tink da example sud be accepted,i hope it is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 nijel

i did the exact same. we did not study enough in class to study the physical geography quite annoyed... but how did you find the rest?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Don't worry you'll be fine. I was in the Ailwee caves and I can confirm there are pillars. Even if there weren't you would still be fine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 monkeybusness2

nijel wrote: »
    i did the exact same. we did not study enough in class to study the physical geography quite annoyed... but how did you find the rest?

You wrote da burren as da example??i though my elective nd geoecology was fine..thought the physical was hard as dy were askin for specific Q lyk underground feature and methamorphic rock.regoinal was okay.bt overall didnt go as well or wasnt as easy as my mocks:(i tink it was da hardest paper they gave in a couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I did the Burren and the formation of stalactites, stalagmites and pillars which are all the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 student12876

yea they were very specfic i cnt see many people having good answers on metorphic rocks!
    i made a mistake nd wrote about a swallow hole nd carbonation probly will get no marks.. ha

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

yea they were very specfic i cnt see many people having good answers on metorphic rocks!
    i made a mistake nd wrote about a swallow hole nd carbonation probly will get no marks.. ha
    You realise were not talking about the metamorphic question dont you? .. I taked about slactites etc in my answer and used the Ailwee Caves as an example so think i should be okay...hopefully :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irondragons

There's only like 4 marks going for the example.

If you wrote in the wrong County or what have you, you'd only lose about 4 marks out of 30.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Wasn't sure what to do for this question myself.

I went on about how limestone is forumed(get 0 for that I think) > then how carbonation shape it > underground landform, I said cave xD (probably 0 as well), did mention stalagmites, stalactites and pillars witht he example Aillwee Cave, Co. Clare. (4 marks woot)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nicolejessie

MariaBabii wrote: »
    I talked about how limestone gets eroded blah blah blah and den about the formation of a cave and the stalactites and stalagmites in a cave?? That okay ...

i did pretty much the same:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

i wrote about the burren, and i wrote about ailwee cave. i said stalagmites,tites, and pillars... i said cave was the underground feature, and then mites,tites, pillars! i think i did that wrong thought will i get any marks?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

muffinz wrote: »
    i wrote about the burren, and i wrote about ailwee cave. i said stalagmites,tites, and pillars... i said cave was the underground feature, and then mites,tites, pillars! i think i did that wrong thought will i get any marks?

Sounds perfect to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Sounds perfect to me :)
    oh thank god!! Im banking on a high B for Geog, because i did a good project and i loved the paper!

Advertisement