Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on suit thickness -Ericeira

Options
  • 12-06-2010 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

I'm heading off to Ericeira in a few hours and I'm unsure what thickness of suit to bring. I've got a 3mm and 5mm.

Would I be better of brining the 3mm and a rash vest or the 5mm? I've only surfed in hawaii (outside the usual places here) and there was no suit needed for that :)

Water temp is around 17 - 18 degrees so I'm leaning towards the 3mm.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

I'ld be thinking whether the wetsuit is needed at all. Rashie and board shorts may be the way to go. Defo no need for the 5mm. HTFU. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33 CDog

Surfed there last September and you wouldnt last too long in a Rashie and board shorts. 3mm suit should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

3mm would be the job... rashie and boardies may be ok for shorter surf sessions

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Was a little further south a couple of times, wore a 2/1 shorty in late may a few years ago, then only boardies / rashie in late august / early september last year. 3mm if you feel the need to bring a suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Ok so, I stand corrected!

Out of interest: What temp would you guys consider going in in rashie and shorts for say about 2hrs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Wind and sun have a reasonable impact on the decision. If there is a bit of sun and slack enough winds, I would be happy in shorts / rashie from about 18 to 20 degs on.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Was in San Seb last September, shortie 3mil(I think) suit was the order of the day.
    Saw a lad out in his board shorts but he looked fairly cold!

Advertisement