Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint

Options
  • 12-06-2010 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me who to contact in relation to making a complaint about a mod on emergency services? I have tried with the category mod but I was told I would have to go further to the help desk if I wanted something done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Well what is the complaint about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Sparky wrote: »
    Well what is the complaint about?

I was banned unfairly. The moderator claimed I breached the charter by providing "legalish" advice. When it was pointed out that legal advice is not prohibited in the forum charter he claimed I had breached the charter by interfering with an ongoing investigation. The post was in relation to a speeding ticket and all I did was advise the poster how to appeal the ticket by writing to the local superintendent and some possible grounds he could make his appeal on. The moderator also claimed I was a "legal liability" and left boards.ie open to legal action by claiming it would be negligent for a council to change a local speed limit without highlighting the change. I was banned for one month. I am a regular contributor and have never even been given a warning before. I sent a pm to the moderator explaining this and saying I would remove the comment but he ignored me. I communicated with him through category mods and he said he would reduce the ban to two weeks but I am still banned. I think I was treated very unfairly and the moderator over-reacted and abused his power.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

k_mac wrote: »
    I was banned unfairly. The moderator claimed I breached the charter by providing "legalish" advice. When it was pointed out that legal advice is not prohibited in the forum charter he claimed I had breached the charter by interfering with an ongoing investigation. The post was in relation to a speeding ticket and all I did was advise the poster how to appeal the ticket by writing to the local superintendent and some possible grounds he could make his appeal on. The moderator also claimed I was a "legal liability" and left boards.ie open to legal action by claiming it would be negligent for a council to change a local speed limit without highlighting the change. I was banned for one month. I am a regular contributor and have never even been given a warning before. I sent a pm to the moderator explaining this and saying I would remove the comment but he ignored me. I communicated with him through category mods and he said he would reduce the ban to two weeks but I am still banned. I think I was treated very unfairly and the moderator over-reacted and abused his power.
    Hi

The ban was reduced to 14 days and has been lifted. Have you checked to see if you have access?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Sparky wrote: »
    Hi

The ban was reduced to 14 days and has been lifted. Have you checked to see if you have access?

Yeah I have access now. Thank you. I still believe the moderators actions were very excessive and unnecessary, especially as I did not breach the charter. It has really put me off posting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement