Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

collage and courses

Options
  • 12-06-2010 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

my friend is going back to collage she asked me to ask which is subject she could pick don,t knew her points .but she does n,t want nor repeat the year.

she is wondering is applied science or computer software development or harder.me i think computers are lot harder lot people would agree with me.:) i don,t know what would i know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hi,

I don't think it is very clear what you are asking. Are you looking for recommendations on computer courses? Or are you asking if computer science is harder than software development?

If it is the latter, I think what is harder for one person is easier for another, so it depends on the person. Does your friend like computers? Is your friend a logical thinker and does she like maths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭ladylouise

she asking which course is best to take.she like computers i think its software development
    not computer science .i don,t know if logical think or not. how do you mean logical thinker?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

Logical thinking is like planning things out in detail, making lists, working with numbers kinda thing.

If your friend likes computers she should be well able to research the subjects online.
    A lot of people don't understand whats involved in computer courses. They usually have maths modules and learn some programming languages.

Nearly all college courses are hard, their supposed to be. I'd say what matters is what she's interested in. She needs to go to the college websites, look up these courses and read about what subjects are covered and what you learn in each. If they seem interesting and she'd like to learn those things thats a good indication.

Tons of people pick courses cos they think they'll get a job. Its not like secondary school, you don't get spoon fed all the information you need to pass. If your not interested in your course your gonna find it a hell of a lot harder.

Noodleworm wrote: »
    Logical thinking is like planning things out in detail, making lists, working with numbers kinda thing.

If your friend likes computers she should be well able to research the subjects online.
    A lot of people don't understand whats involved in computer courses. They usually have maths modules and learn some programming languages.

Nearly all college courses are hard, their supposed to be. I'd say what matters is what she's interested in. She needs to go to the college websites, look up these courses and read about what subjects are covered and what you learn in each. If they seem interesting and she'd like to learn those things thats a good indication.

Tons of people pick courses cos they think they'll get a job. Its not like secondary school, you don't get spoon fed all the information you need to pass. If your not interested in your course your gonna find it a hell of a lot harder.
    she also like science course what would to do there to pass in science. she option on science too not just computers.would she need logical thinking there too

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

yeah a bit, it depends on the type of science, physics certainly does, chemistry and biology would too.
    their subjects where you sit down and use logic to decide things.

was she good at science in secondary?, does she think its interesting.
    college websites should have a bit about what type of person each course is suited for.

• Advertisement

she attempted honours in school but teacher i think brought down to pass she B3 in science .her self and another girl were two in leaving cert attempt out 60 students

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Tell your friend to go to qualifax or somthing to do an interest test. That would also show you what path you should go on and how to go about it

i might suggest plc course in science to her or computers

Advertisement