Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need A Little Help - Ovi Maps

Options
  • 12-06-2010 2:07pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just after getting the e72 and Im having touble getting the sat nav to work. I can use Maps (unless that is meant to be the actual Sat nav?) but when I click into Navigation I get "service is discontinued". Anyone able to help me out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

You need to install the latest ovi maps. Can be done from the ovi store

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I've downloaded the Ireland and england maps but still no good! I take it they are automatically saved to the phone once downloaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Encoder1970

You may need to update the firmware on the phone?
    Try installing Google maps http://www.google.com/mobile/maps/

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Yeah they save in either the phone or card memory. Mine was straight forward and it works a treat. Got me out of some tricky situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    I've downloaded the Ireland and england maps but still no good! I take it they are automatically saved to the phone once downloaded?

Yes, they are saved onto the memory card in the handset, but thats different to the navigation. The E72 does have free navigation, and should have come setup already.

I suggest you update the Maps application from here: http://maps.nokia.com/services-and-apps/ovi-maps/free-downloads?intc=ncomexpserv-fw-ilc-lft-con-na-ncomexpserveu-g0-20-getfreenavigationleft_0x0#/nokia-e72/

It explains step by step what to do. The map loader is different, that buts the maps information on the phone to save on data transfer later.

Another way you can do this, is using the SW update app on the phone. You will find it in: Menu > Ctrl Panel > Phone > Sw update. It will check for updates available for you, one of which is the ovi maps. This will require a internet connection either wlan or network

• Advertisement
Advertisement