Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating in the Leaving Cert

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Now, no disrespect to OP, but maybe the OP is a brainbox at school, and is jealous of the less brighter pupils cheating?? Just a suggestion, dont want anyone to get mad! :eek: Just saying....

Can't really follow your logic on that part... if she was smart and didn't feel the need to cheat, why would she need to feel jealous of the cheaters? :confused:

I'm not getting mad haha just not really following that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭liamtech

liamtech wrote: »
    I would take this opportunity to voice my full support for Samskeyti. Intolerable situations such as this can no longer be ignored in Ireland - Saying cheating is "wrong but if it doesn't effect you, don't worry" is farcical: And it is this that has led to so much corruption & Dishonesty in Ireland. These instances are symptoms of the same disease that has struck the Dail, and the civil service so much. People who turn a blind eye are contributing to the decay of our society.

Its only Honorable Individuals like Samskeyti who give us hope for the future. Honesty and integrity are not simply words - they are a way of life that has been eroded of late - Ethics in Ireland has faded so much that we are content to turn a blind eye to cheats and liars and criminals.. some of whom attain high offices in the government.

Individuals who cheat in state exams are cut from the same stone as Charles Haughy, Padraig Flynn & all the other criminals never brought to justice:

A change is required, and all those who stand up for honesty and integrity are to be commended and congratulated.

I wish you all the best Samskeyti, in the leaving Cert and beyond - If your integrity is anything to go on, you will excel..

Wouldn't we all have commended someone if they had "ratted" on CJ Haughey?

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

halpin17 wrote: »
    If you rat someone out, your effecitvely ruining their life and it's not fair. if there caught fine but it's nothing to do with u so leave them alone.just keep ur head down and just do ur own tests and stop being such a f**kin goodie two shoes. oh miss, oh miss, she's cheating....clearly not even is as prepared as you.

You sound like someone who is or has cheated....

Ruining their life? and what they're doing is completely harmless... wake up will ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

If you rat someone out, your effecitvely ruining their life and it's not fair. if there caught fine but it's nothing to do with u so leave them alone.just keep ur head down and just do ur own tests and stop being such a f**kin goodie two shoes. oh miss, oh miss, she's cheating....clearly not even is as prepared as you.

By people cheating, it could be ruining the chances of the honest and deserving people to get the course they want.

So define fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

If you rat someone out, your effecitvely ruining their life and it's not fair. if there caught fine but it's nothing to do with u so leave them alone.just keep ur head down and just do ur own tests and stop being such a f**kin goodie two shoes. oh miss, oh miss, she's cheating....clearly not everyone is as prepared as you.

I sincerely hope you are never given the opportunity to further this kind of idiotic mindless attitude at third level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭T-rev

If you rat someone out, your effecitvely ruining their life and it's not fair. if there caught fine but it's nothing to do with u so leave them alone.just keep ur head down and just do ur own tests and stop being such a f**kin goodie two shoes. oh miss, oh miss, she's cheating....clearly not everyone is as prepared as you.

Sorry but that is utter crap you typed there. If someone cheats and gets higher points than a person going for the same course as them then the cheater is in effect, ruining that other persons fair chances of getting a college place.

I bet if you were that person that missed out on a college place you'd be the first one on here giving out fu*k about them. Cop on to yourself, they deserve to be told on.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

mloc wrote: »
    I sincerely hope you are never given the opportunity to further this kind of idiotic mindless attitude at third level.

I sincerely hope that you're not as pretentious as this in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭microbio

here, here! Spoken like a true cheater! :rolleyes:

If they are not prepared then that is their own fault. After all, they have had 6 years of secondary school to prepare for the exams.. Cheaters never win and will be rooted out in later life when they have to stand on their own two feet and the days of secondary school spoon feeding are long behind them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Annnaliese

i'm surprised they haven't deleted this yet, its all over the news and now the SEC are in contact with the author of this post apparently, uh oh someones going to get caught cheating...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

they're ruining their own lives dude, your attitude is typical of Ireland, no one takes responsibility for their actions.
    If you cheat, you are responsible for the decision to cheat.
    If you get caught its your fault for cheating, your responsibility.

You'll see when you get into the real world. Unless of course you get into Fianna Fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭_Chaos

thats all well and fine, but at the end of the day you put in ALOT more work than them and ye end up with the same grade? not fair for either of the people in my opinion.
    some of us take the exams really serious, and its a joke that other people feel the need, and are able to, cheat in order to succeed.

The dipsh1t exam supervisors should be more on the ball anyway, one of them should be towards the rear of the exam hall at all times. Very hard to cheat when you don't know if you are being observed or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Annnaliese wrote: »
    i'm surprised they haven't deleted this yet, its all over the news and now the SEC are in contact with the author of this post apparently, uh oh someones going to get caught cheating...

Hmmmm,You joined to say that?hope you'r not cheating now via a second account!;)

Boards would be crazy to delete this thread!
    Hav'nt You heard "There's no such thing as bad publicity" !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

its all over the rte website now..

The dude who said he cheated is no doubt sweating bricks now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭_Chaos

buzsywuzsy wrote: »
    its all over the rte website now..
    and kinda should be?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Posting on media read thread for the lolz :D
    Kudos to the OP. Make sure you follow through with what you've started though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Annnaliese

ynotdu wrote: »
    Hmmmm,You joined to say that?hope you'r not cheating now via a second account!;)

Boards would be crazy to delete this thread!
    Hav'nt You heard "There's no such thing as bad publicity" !:D

no they just wouldn't re-activate my account, i suppose you're write but the SEC would have a different view on that. plus does anyone not think that cheating is just way too much effort, our examiner had her eyes peeled looking for people to do something wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

How will they investigate it?

If the exam is over there is nothing they can do. Unless they tell someone to pull down their knickers then they won't catch them. Someone can go to a toilet and pull the notes from their knickers. The examiner could put their house on you cheating but unless they catch you they can go away.

You won't be guilty without the hard evidence. Feck off SEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

well this certainly blew up b.theres gonna be some sad faces in august especially in the o.p's school... im 21 and went back to 5th year when i was almost 20 :)..im sitting my exams now & i know ive studied hard so ill get what i deserve :D....people do speak about cheating an awful lot but how many of them actually do it eh??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

RoverJames wrote: »
    The dipsh1t exam supervisors should be more on the ball anyway, one of them should be towards the rear of the exam hall at all times. Very hard to cheat when you don't know if you are being observed or not.

That's true of course but it does not excuse cheating...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

This topic makes me ask a question,

If going to the toilets is a means for cheating for some people how will that effect people with genuine needs?

I have a diabetic child (in primary school) when she is older and sits her exams she may need to check her blood sugars and have a glucose drink and something to eat, with people abusing this system it makes it harder for those with genuine issues to be trusted.

If an exam last 3 hours if she does not get enough carbs in to her she could have 1 or 2 or even 3 hypos within that time frame,or at worst have a fit and go into a coma.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

It's human nature to cheat... some people can't handle the pressure and feel they need to do it in order to succeed. Some people just spend their weekends gettin pissed and not studying. Others just do it because they think they're mad. At the end of the day it effects everyone. If you cheat, youll get better points which could mean that somebody doesn't get the course they want.

The examiner in my room si bang on. Shes nice but when it comes to the exam time shes strict. She goes around the room watching people but being quiet about it and taking it seriously because it's her job to and she does it well. Sure you can just go to the toilet and cheat and therse not much you can do about that but that's life. I hope the people that cheated are happy with themselves

If going to the toilets is a means for cheating for some people how will that effect people with genuine needs?

I have a diabetic child (in primary school) when she is older and sits her exams she may need to check her blood sugars and have a glucose drink and something to eat, with people abusing this system it makes it harder for those with genuine issues to be trusted.

If an exam last 3 hours if she does not get enough carbs in to her she could have 1 or 2 or even 3 hypos within that time frame,or at worst have a fit and go into a coma.

Someone will watch her take her sugar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 maybetomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

I have a diabetic child (in primary school) when she is older and sits her exams she may need to check her blood sugars and have a glucose dink and something to eat, with people abusing this system it makes it harder for those with genuine issues to be trusted.

no I wouldnt think so...our examiner takes note on the front of our papers what time we leave & return...ive left every exam to go to the toilet..mind you i have the metabolism of a cheetah :)..... but ive ony taken 3 mins to go and come back...i think if you spent ages in there though they'd get suspicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭AlmostFamous

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Almost Famous? Almost there

Judging by the response of the media, you would swear this is a massive revelation. That just goes to show the naivety of the SEC Those who sat the leaving within the last decade should be aware that cheating occurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

jfrmbray wrote: »
    I sincerely hope that you're not as pretentious as this in real life.

We have enough freeloading, year repeating, free-fee abusing wasters as it is. Cheating too? No thanks.

zoom! wrote: »
    Sure you can just go to the toilet and cheat and therse not much you can do about that but that's life. I hope the people that cheated are happy with themselves

Exactly. The toilet problem can't be sorted. The SEC are eejits. They can't investigate people cheating in the toilet. What are they going to do about me taking out a few notes from trousers. How will they stop me. They won't and can't. I'll get the marks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

I wouldn't worry about that, she can get an exam room all to herself

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement