Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating in the Leaving Cert

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Get real, that's never gona happen.....Stop making up ridiculous scenarios to try justify your point. And just for the record I'd rather have cheated and got in than not cheated and just missed out regardless of who missed out instead and that's the honest truth.

No it's not a ridiculous sceanrio as these things happen. Me and a few of my mates are apply to the same course and I doubt were the only group of mates applying to the same course.

Missing out on courses happens due the course being full. Don't be idiotic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

And just for the record I'd rather have cheated and got in than not cheated and just missed out regardless of who missed out instead and that's the honest truth.

I'm glad I'm not your girlfriend.
    Adds tommytomtom to future avoid list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 tommytomtom

Michael 09 wrote: »
    Examples please....

Hitler, Mussolini, Haughey, Henry, Maradona, Al Capone, Pablo Escobar, Cascarino, The Monk, John Gilligan, Paul Pot, Bill Belichick...........Shall I go on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Hitler, Mussolini, Haughey, Henry, Maradona, Al Capone, Pablo Escobar, Cascarino, The Monk, John Gilligan, Paul Pot, Bill Belichick...........Shall I go on?

They all cheated in the Leaving? Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I see this thread, boards.ie and the quotes by the OP have made it to the RTE online news. Boards to the rescue once again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Oh well if Hitler did it...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

People cheating in my center too, sickens me but can't let it affect me. I'd rather get my course honestly than take it dishonestly. I thought we were all in the same boat...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Paul Pots

Did he cheat on Britains got Talent? I knew he couldn't realy sing.

Hitler, Mussolini,

Comparing yourself to these two? Good work there...

Oh well if Hitler did it...:rolleyes:

haha and he completely managed to take over the world didn't he! :pac:

That's why we're all blonde now......! That would explain the increasing stupidity of the human race though.....:rolleyes:

(damn I just insulted myself..... I'm blonde too!... well..... what was I saying about stupidity...!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Paul Pots... yeah his career went down after britains got talent.. poor guy. You see , this is what happens when you cheat in the leaving!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Let's hope you're not doing a history course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Feownah

Dav wrote: »
    I just wanted to pop in here folks and say that after all the stress with last year's LC paper mixup, we have got a solid working relationship with the Dept of Education and they know how to get in touch with us if they need to.

Dav

That's good to know. What does that mean though? Are peoples privacy on Boards.ie being affected? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Damn, just bet me to it. Yousa in big doo doo now cheaters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 tommytomtom

They all cheated in the Leaving? Damn.

I was asked to provide examples of people who cheated and did really well out of it so I threw out a load of examples off the top of my head.....I think the majority here are just annoyed they aren't willing to take the risk and know they'll end up regretting it when their results are mediocre and mine mine are (slightly) better than mediocre

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭steve22

I have absolutely no guilt over cheating because I felt I had to.....I'd only be regretting it if I didn't! But that's not to say I wouldn't feel guilty if I ever cheated someone out of something tangible like money......

Interesting point... thinking about it in the long run you could be doing someone out of money. If someone with a desired career needs to study a 4 year course isnt offered their place because its "full" due to the fact that some undeserving person cheated rather than studied.... then your kicking them back at least a year before they have the oppertunity to try again... presuming they get the place the following year theyre a year behind.... and a year out of salary.... hypothetically....

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

I cheated in the Leaving Cert last year and got 600 points.......... LOL JK, I didn't, I'm repeating =P

I think the majority here are just annoyed they aren't willing to take the risk and know they'll end up regretting it when their results are mediocre and mine mine are (slightly) better than mediocre

Pfff... dishonest, cheating, not things I like to call myself. So Its nothing to do with being afraid to risk it. It's to do with good morales, that you simple lack.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭steve22

Pfff... dishonest, cheating, not things I like to call myself. So Its nothing to do with being afraid to risk it. It's to do with good morales, that you simple lack.

exactly...

• Advertisement

I think the majority here are just annoyed they aren't willing to take the risk and know they'll end up regretting it when their results are mediocre and mine mine are (slightly) better than mediocre

Actually, I'd rather that when my results come back I know that they are an honest and accurate picture of what I am able to achieve.

Not everybody needs to cheat to get a decent grade.

Edit: in fact, no one needs to cheat to get a decent grade, as long as they put the work in, anyone can pass.
    If you don't want to put the work in, it is just laziness, you will gain someone elses deserved place in Uni and then under the pressure of all the work that you were never used to, you will then drop out and then it's a wasted place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Cyzrane

I'm extremely shocked to find the amount of "get real" and "I had to cheat to get what I want and that's all that matters" arguments from the pro-cheating side here.

All of you need to establish that cheating in something like the Leaving Cert, or any exam really, has ripple effects that eminate beyond just you; to put it simply, the Leaving Cert system is not about any one individual. It is a judgement of all of its candidates relative to one another given the exact same exam and conditions. In particular, it tests the students' ability to apply themselves to work, as everybody seems to acknowledge (myself included) that raw aptitude factors little into the Leaving Cert equation.

For those of you who have cheated and feel no remorse (or worse still pride) what entitles you to defy the system? Are you so self-absorbed and narcissistic to believe that your actions bear no consequences? It seems to me that many cheaters here are hopeless narcissists, as they seem lack the empathy to perceive how their actions affect others, believing in some higher "entitlement" that allows them to cheat. In truth, though, it's a shame if people are like that, because empathy is a very, very important part of being a caring and likable human being.

Cheating, as I see it, is a perversity of greed; they both involve arrivistes who seek more than what they deserve. To tote such a thing as a quality displaying artfulness, cunning, or intelligence is the delusional projection of a mind that desperately needs to convince itself that what it has done is justifiable, for on some level they already know that it is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Annnaliese

well they don't have to worry about cheating in history, anyone who does history knows there's simply too much information, you'd need a hell of a lot of notes to cheat with. :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You do know most of these people aren't exactly a beacon of light, hope and good?
    Hardly a great example...cheat in the leaving and kill and murder loads of people.

Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Fete

Are you serious?

Last year when I took the leaving, two people in my year got seperate rooms. One had epilepsy and the other had a heart condition. I'm sure the same provisions will be made for your kid :)
    And they were all fine specimens....

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

I was asked to provide examples of people who cheated and did really well out of it so I threw out a load of examples off the top of my head.....I think the majority here are just annoyed they aren't willing to take the risk and know they'll end up regretting it when their results are mediocre and mine mine are (slightly) better than mediocre

If they are the examples you can think off the top of your head no wonder you are cheating.
    You will get caught, and when the SEC see the unremorseful posts you have put on this thread I'm in no doubt that you will be banned from state examinations for a very long time. That doesn't just include the Leaving Cert, FYI, you won't be able do a driving test and get a licence and with something as serious as that on your record you will never get a job. Nobody likes a cheater.
    Hope its worth it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Let's hope you're not doing a history course.

Don't worry, he'll cheat he'll be fine
    :rolleyes:

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

Wow you've really cause a pandemonium with this thread OP. And for no reason at all. you are not benefitting what so ever from this. stealing other peoples places? they still are competing with 59,000 other students, so you do the math.
    I hope you get found out by your classmates. stop being bitter and get on with your own leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Fete

ddef wrote: »
    stealing other peoples places? they still are competing with 59,000 other students, so you do the math.
    Doesn't matter about the numbers. Some people still will miss out on their chance if a cheater happens to get those few marks more. How would you feel if you were one of those few people?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement