Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating in the Leaving Cert

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

Healium wrote: »
    Well, I've just sent the SEC a very strongly-worded e-mail. I suggest you all do. I'm also contacting Boards.ie

Are you contacting Boards about me? They can't give out my information. I will have my legal team deal with this!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0615/exams.html

this is our thread... Isn't it...???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 watevertrevor

Mick Daly wrote: »
    Why would boards give out private details? Besides I'm not really telling the truth. I'm having you on! :pac: Or am I? They have no hard evidence. Simple as that. A few words here and an IP address prove nothing.
    IP address isn't private mate. Anyone can get it. Hope you get found out and suffer the consequences because you deserve to. You're screwing people over and you don't even care.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

. Simple as that. A few words here and an IP address prove nothing.

It proves either A) Your a troll or B) A cheater

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

Are you contacting Boards about me? They can't give out my information. I will have my legal team deal with this!

Someone's full of themselves!

• Advertisement

You're screwing people over and you don't even care.

I'm only having you on. The joke went a bit too far I think. :pac:

cheaters are gonna get what they deserve. Look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Healium wrote: »
    Well, I've just sent the SEC a very strongly-worded e-mail. I suggest you all do. I'm also contacting Boards.ie

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2010/0615/1224272522104.html

Been done, was taken note of

Liar. look at that link. Your screwed. :)

It proves either A) Your a troll or B) A cheater

Oh dear god I don't know how to decide which of those is worse! :eek:
    I'm gonna go with A! As it doesn't affect other peoples lives.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Why would boards give out private details? Besides I'm not really telling the truth. I'm having you on! :pac: Or am I? They have no hard evidence. Simple as that. A few words here and an IP address prove nothing.

IP adresses are not private nor do you actually need to go through boards to get it, anyone here can see your IP address if they know how. And its enough to get you looked in to, what will come out then?

fufureida wrote: »
    Liar. look at that link. Your screwed. :)
    Well either way you will be investigated because every allegation will be. And the results of all will be published. Says so in the article. Tell your legal team good luck.

Thats to mick daly btw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

As has been repeated already, IP Addresses are not private. They should be, but they're not. If someone can be prosecuted for downloading the new Lady GaGa track, then you're gonna get your ass HANDED to you for admitting to cheating in the LC

Someone paid attention to the salman85 story... doesn't necessarily mean it will happen to you too... for example his posts could not be thoroughly analysed, yours can, and its obvious your lying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 scales

I know a girl who sat her leaving cert last year and cheated ,she'snow in college doing a level 8 course . And it is annoying .There's a lot of people in this thread saying "mind your own business" ,"their cheating doesn't effect you" ,etc . Other people cheating does effect you . At the end of the day a leaving cert student is in competition with their peers . Competing for college places . So if a cheater is applying for the same course as you ,they get 5 more marks than you {as a result of cheating} and they get in and you don't ,well then it is your business and their cheating does effect you .
    Some schools use P.E. halls etc for leaving cert exams . These rooms are too big ,cheating could easily occur .Leaving cert exams should take place in small classrooms , with a small amount of students , with a vigilant supervisor .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Someone mentioned him already. He wasn't very careful was he! I am. You'll be hard pressed to do that to me and don't bother because this thread is not about finding me out.

Ah Mick, you gave up a bit too soon. :rolleyes:

Don't let salman scare you... lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Samskeyti

fufureida wrote: »

cheaters are gonna get what they deserve. Look.

Im really glad people have started realising whats going on in our schools but did the publicity of this thread make a difference to the way examiners approach students at all during the exams in anyones school? cheating was still widespread among my school today mainly with the higher levels who need a high grade to get their points. i must admit they are clever, with phones in their pockets that are stuffed with tissue so it isnt recognised as a phone. i dont see how the big up roar with this thread will make a difference unfortuately, because these cheaters are still getting away with murder and nothing is stopping them directly. theyre smart and the ones i know have beem at this since the junior cert so at this point theyre practically pros.

Oh..... I just found a comment on Twitter:

4 People got caught cheating in the Leaving Cert.... why would you bother?
    Twitter - 39 minutes ago

So, people have been caught then? So much for "they won't catch me, they have no proof!"

I read elsewhere that the SEC will release the results of their investigation after the results of the LC in August. This means that you might think you're safe now, but you may not even find out your LC has been deemed void for the next two months.

What a nice end of summer gift. ;) It's pretty much saying..."Welcome back to school!" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

I've noticed that since the story broke, people going to the bathroom half an hour after the exam began have stopped....it's definitely freaked people....I don't know anyone who is cheating, but I suppose anyone who goes to the bathroom during exams falls under suspicion now.

One girl I noticed was going every other day during every other exam without fail-no movement whatsoever today! Whatever happens to the people who have actually been cheating aside, the story itself has definitely made people reconsider the risks of being caught...

I read elsewhere that the SEC will release the results of their investigation after the results of the LC in August. This means that you might think you're safe now, but you may not even find out your LC has been deemed void for the next two months.

What a nice end of summer gift. ;) It's pretty much saying..."Welcome back to school!" ;)

haha nice.

• Advertisement

So, people have been caught then? So much for "they won't catch me, they have no proof!"

I suppose they were caught in the act. I'm talking aout the notes in the trousers issue. How can they possibly sort that out? Strip search?

you guys have been found. Look I'm gonna be upright straight and honest. I'm a ****ing repeat. Chances are I'm gonna get hardly 300 points thus year. And yeah admiteddly from endless nights of crying and feeling like all the work I have put in was for nothing I considered cheating alot. Especially for foundation maths. The idea of seeing my parents proud that I got good points overwhelmed me and I was freakishly close to cheating. But guess what; I didn't. Why? Because it's not me, it's not the teachings of my family and it's dishonest and criminal. Yeah I agree that the LC is a pile of carp education system and what not but it's important because Its my gateway to a LIFE.

I might end up doing this damn LC for a 3rd time and I have the full support of my parents. Sure I'm depressed sure it's a horrible feeling but it's life and I have realised that studying hard for one year won't make the cut. Who knows, it might. But I don't see it happening.

People who cheat need a wake up call. It starts from tge LC. Once you get into uni you do it again. Abd again. And again. And again. Before you know it your a first class cheater. A dishonest person that no one will like.

I have seen people get away with cheating and come out with 500+ points. It's a serious issue that needs to be addressed. It's not fair on people who struggle from learning from previous mistakes and people who work hard to get to uni or college. Sure people are gonna laugh at me being in school at 20 but I don't care. Whatever it takes to get into the uni of my dreams I'm gonna try try try till I get there. And without cheating.

I know I'm gonna get an honour in everything else other than maths and I'm praying to god I pass. God knows best.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

Panicking much?

I would just like to say that I have not cheated in the Leaving Cert. I was telling a few porkies there. Show's over. I'm sorry for riling you all up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's not about being caught or not caught.
    Some people have standards in how they live their life.
    Some people do not think they know better than the road traffic laws.
    Some people do not take things that are not theirs.
    Some people do not read their partner's private texts/emails.

Some people are cheaters.

I would just like to say that I have not cheated in the Leaving Cert. I was telling a few porkies there. Show's over. I'm sorry for riling you all up.
    you'll be sorry when your leaving is cancelled.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭CantStandMeNow

Why are you saying this? If you did cheat the reason is obvious.. but if you're telling the truth why say this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Isn't that convenient?
    Or, by your logic, maybe you're lying? :rolleyes:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

IP adresses are not private nor do you actually need to go through boards to get it, anyone here can see your IP address if they know how. And its enough to get you looked in to, what will come out then?
    This is untrue. A complete fabrication.

We *will* release private data to the Gardai on receipt of a Section 8 or a court order.

Other then that, your private data remains private. We've have several requests by newspapers today regarding IP addresses and we politely but firmly declined to comment.

This quoted poster is talking through his hat and other directions. If you wish to prove me wrong, respond with my IP. :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

Are u doing the leaving cert?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement