Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating in the Leaving Cert

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭CantStandMeNow

DeVore wrote: »
    This is untrue. A complete fabrication.

We *will* release private data to the Gardai on receipt of a Section 8 or a court order.

Other then that, your private data remains private. We've have several requests by newspapers today for IP addresses and we politely but firmly declined.

This quoted poster is talking through his hat and other directions. If you wish to prove me wrong, respond with my IP. :)

DeV.

Ehm..... 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Mick Daly wrote: »
    I would just like to say that I have not cheated in the Leaving Cert. I was telling a few porkies there. Show's over. I'm sorry for riling you all up.

Lol, convienient much?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I would just like to say that I have not cheated in the Leaving Cert. I was telling a few porkies there. Show's over. I'm sorry for riling you all up.

Sorry sweetheart but you're pretty much landed yourself in some hot tar. Hopefully Allah will have mercy on you. Just pray. It's your last hope. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

That reminds me of this;
    cheated my ass off didnt get caught.
    tribute to everyone who posted here, in the most epic thread in boards.ie history

/bow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

We don't fall for it. You will be investigated. Give up and hope you don't get one of those lovely dept. letters explaining why your papers were cancelled.

fufureida, I'm a repeat too, for reasons mathematical, I feel your pain and I too would never dream of cheating (Oh and i know people much older than you repeating dw!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

Healium wrote: »
    Isn't that convenient?
    Or, by your logic, maybe you're lying? :rolleyes:

Seriously though. I was having you on.

• Advertisement

Out of interest did Mr. Salmon survive his callous cheating crusade?

Not feeling so confident anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

to the extent that you were "having us on" you've probably brought an investigation onto yourself. If you really were just lying then you've nothing to worry about!

If you did cheat, you may have just got yourself busted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

That reminds me of this;

We don't fall for it. You will be investigated. Give up and hope you don't get one of those lovely dept. letters explaining why your papers were cancelled.

fufureida, I'm a repeat too, for reasons mathematical, I feel your pain and I too would never dream of cheating (Oh and i know people much older than you repeating dw!)

and you are...? a member of the department of education?

bitterrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Uh huh. Bit late now when half the country knows of your allegations. Plus, as I said, you could be lying. Remember, this is YOUR logic :rolleyes:

Whether you cheated or not is probably irrelevant at this stage, to be honest. You're gonna be in enough trouble as it is

Karma is a fickle b**ch, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mylescullen

***** news just in ******

Mick Daly has just been arrested on suspected cheating alligations!!

Gobsh***!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 watevertrevor

nobody here is going to believe you dude... don't bother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Samskeyti

scales wrote: »
    I know a girl who sat her leaving cert last year and cheated ,she'snow in college doing a level 8 course . And it is annoying .There's a lot of people in this thread saying "mind your own business" ,"their cheating doesn't effect you" ,etc . Other people cheating does effect you . At the end of the day a leaving cert student is in competition with their peers . Competing for college places . So if a cheater is applying for the same course as you ,they get 5 more marks than you {as a result of cheating} and they get in and you don't ,well then it is your business and their cheating does effect you .
    Some schools use P.E. halls etc for leaving cert exams . These rooms are too big ,cheating could easily occur .Leaving cert exams should take place in small classrooms , with a small amount of students , with a vigilant supervisor .

Agreed. bathroom breaks shouldnt be permitted either. that was one of the rules for my parents when they sat state exams and my dad said cheating was very difficult to get away with back then. maybe we should go back to using those rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

why does everyone CARE so much? The one's who cheat probly know ****e all in the first place anyway so probably don't pose a threat!
    how the f*ck can it be proved that someone cheated anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

I suppose they were caught in the act. I'm talking aout the notes in the trousers issue. How can they possibly sort that out? Strip search?

Well in airports if they feel it necessary they even do internal searches!! :eek:

They wouldn't necessarily have to strip you - just rub up and down with the backs of their hands and if they feel anything bumpy then ask you to remove it. I know it's not foolproof but........ :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

Definitely. You'd think people could last three hours and twenty minutes max without a bathroom break! You can go afterwards!

Come on people. Have faith in me. I was joking with you. You people are very naiive to think I would go bragging about cheating when it is one of the top things on the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Yes but he deleted his posts before they were read and quoted
    and you are...? a member of the department of education?

bitterrrr

And you are immature, if you were paying attention you'd know thats whats happening anyway.

Well in airports if they feel it necessary they even do internal searches!! :eek:

They wouldn't necessarily have to strip you - just rub up and down with the backs of their hands and if they feel anything bumpy then ask you to remove it. I know it's not foolproof but........ :rolleyes:

But people don't hide their noted where they can be rubbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭blankguitarist

Definitely. You'd think people could last three hours and twenty minutes max without a bathroom break! You can go afterwards!

Not true, I have kidney problems, and which mean I've to drink loads of water, and that means going to the bathroom at least once during an exam. If I waited until after the exam I'd more than likely end up in hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

fufureida wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0615/exams.html

you guys have been found. Look I'm gonna be upright straight and honest. I'm a ****ing repeat. Chances are I'm gonna get hardly 300 points thus year. And yeah admiteddly from endless nights of crying and feeling like all the work I have put in was for nothing I considered cheating alot. Especially for foundation maths. The idea of seeing my parents proud that I got good points overwhelmed me and I was freakishly close to cheating. But guess what; I didn't. Why? Because it's not me, it's not the teachings of my family and it's dishonest and criminal. Yeah I agree that the LC is a pile of carp education system and what not but it's important because Its my gateway to a LIFE.

I might end up doing this damn LC for a 3rd time and I have the full support of my parents. Sure I'm depressed sure it's a horrible feeling but it's life and I have realised that studying hard for one year won't make the cut. Who knows, it might. But I don't see it happening.

People who cheat need a wake up call. It starts from tge LC. Once you get into uni you do it again. Abd again. And again. And again. Before you know it your a first class cheater. A dishonest person that no one will like.

I have seen people get away with cheating and come out with 500+ points. It's a serious issue that needs to be addressed. It's not fair on people who struggle from learning from previous mistakes and people who work hard to get to uni or college. Sure people are gonna laugh at me being in school at 20 but I don't care. Whatever it takes to get into the uni of my dreams I'm gonna try try try till I get there. And without cheating.

I know I'm gonna get an honour in everything else other than maths and I'm praying to god I pass. God knows best.

Amen brother....that was a serious post alot of passion,
    personally in my school back in the day when i was one of the tys who sit outside and bring people to the toilet, this girl went into the bathroom with a stash of notes and came out with none!...

we couldnt for the life of us find them, just shows some people are willing to step over everything and anyone to get what they want...

pricks...

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

I think some justice has come from this thread... the cheaters won't be cheating for the rest of the leaving cert anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cardio Gnome

Look it's as simple as this;
    People are gonna cheat.
    Get over it.
    I would have loved to cheat in my LC and I know many people who did.
    But I did not.
    However cheating is part of life, it's part of the game.
    Cheating is just a different meens to the same ends and some people are good at it.
    It's not fair, but guess what, eithers life and people will cheat you all your life whether you like it or not you just have to be,
    a. smarter
    or
    b. better at it than them
    Anyway good luck to you all whether your cheating or not your still gonna graduate into a sh it society so learn to make do.
    And if ya still wanna bitch and moan about it then beyond the grave darwin is laughing at you.

we couldnt for the life of us find them,

pricks...

Under her clothing maybe. That's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

***** news just in ******

Mick Daly has just been arrested on suspected cheating alligations!!

Gobsh***!!
    No matter how tempting, personal abuse is not permitted on this site / forum.

Infracted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Come on people. Have faith in me. I was joking with you. You people are very naiive to think I would go bragging about cheating when it is one of the top things on the news.
    Heh, how can we have faith? :rolleyes:

Under her clothing maybe. That's the problem.

Cheating is a problem for you now? Get a grip mate. Your trying to cover your tracks.

Epic Fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

Not true, I have kidney problems, and which mean I've to drink loads of water, and that means going to the bathroom at least once during an exam. If I waited until after the exam I'd more than likely end up in hospital.

In all fairness, if that's the case you could get an exemption-there shouldn't be any difficulty in managing a medical concern if you have one. The fact remains that most people can avoid having to go during an exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭tooler08

I think your being a bit short sighted there tbh. The majority of people using the toilets are using them genuinely. its impossible to concentrate on a exam if you really need to go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

haha, Now those two posts, when written together, look very suspicious!

It only became part of the news because of this thread. :) Besides, if you were lying about cheating, what says you're not lying now? And if you weren't lying then, then you've just admitted to cheating. :)
    But people don't hide their noted where they can be rubbed.

In socks and in trouser pockets? Course not! :)
    Like I said though, it's not completely foolproof...:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement