Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating in the Leaving Cert

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Ladies and Gentlemen, if the lad gets investigated and is found guilty of cheating then he gets what he brought upon himself, but if he did nothing he has nothing to worry about; Stop getting in needless digs at him, he's only human, let whatever's going to happen happen and leave the belittling comments to yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irondragons

DeVore wrote: »
    We've have several requests by newspapers today for IP addresses and we politely but firmly declined.

Haha. Really?

Who, specifically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

Haha. Really?

Who, specifically?

Probably the tabloids. The likes of the Daily Mirror.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭CantStandMeNow

If he didn't do anything, then why is he trying to convince us he didn't do anything? If he didn't cheat he has nothing to worry about so why would he go to all this trouble to try and convince us?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Nailz wrote: »
    Ladies and Gentlemen, if the lad gets investigated and is found guilty of cheating then he gets what he brought upon himself, but if he did nothing he has nothing to worry about; Stop getting in needless digs at him, he's only human, let whatever's going to happen happen and leave the belittling comments to yourself.
    He'll get in trouble just for making such a statement online

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

Mick Daly wrote: »
    Under her clothing maybe. That's the problem.

you'd know all about that wouldn't you buddy ;)

If he didn't do anything, then why is he trying to convince us he didn't do anything? If he didn't cheat he has nothing to worry about so why would he go to all this trouble to try and convince us?

Maybe I'm just lying. Adding fuel to the fire etc.

Probably the tabloids. The likes of the Daily Mirror.

What I meant to ask : Which users, specifically?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Samskeyti

Come on people. Have faith in me. I was joking with you. You people are very naiive to think I would go bragging about cheating when it is one of the top things on the news.

cheaters have been bragging on facebook though.. but im not accusing. it will be up to the sec to decide what exams are held back so i would really like it if yous didnt use this thread to accuse each other but rather to give your opinion on the situation or experiences in relation to this topic. we do nt know if mick daly is truely messing or not so stop trying to scare him please. if he cheated then he will be dealt with eventually but otherwise, stop with the bitching!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭CantStandMeNow

Maybe I'm just lying. Adding fuel to the fire etc.

For no reason.. I see.. You must be very bored..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

tooler08 wrote: »
    I think your being a bit short sighted there tbh. The majority of people using the toilets are using them genuinely. its impossible to concentrate on a exam if you really need to go

Okay. It's just been noted over quite a few posts that a lot of cheaters use the bathroom to cheat. That doesn't mean everyone who uses it does, by no means would I believe that.
    But I do think that bathroom breaks are abused. People are constantly moving around and not only is it distracting, but it's an accepted fact that it does appear to be a common means to cheating. Therefore they should be relatively restricted/discouraged in my opinion.

But I'm not going to argue this one out, it's just a matter of opinion. :)

Healium wrote: »

Oh. In that case I'm telling the truth. Oh. Eh. I'm not sure what I'm saying. Ah sure whatever you're having yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 niamhygiggles

I don't agree with doing away with bathroom breaks! It's a basic human right to use the bathroom! Making someone hold it in is a form of torture!

However, allowing one bathroom break should be plenty, unless you have some medical need to use it more. I have NEVER had to use the bathroom more than once during an exam. And I have a small bladder LOL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

Nobody is getting investigated,"we will investigate the matter" is a standard response when a journo rings up and asks "can you comment on the boards thread?".
    If people are bringing notes to the toilets then they deserve to be busted.It's 2010 and you're using paper to cheat.

For no reason.. I see.. You must be very bored..

Well the Ivory Coast and Portugal game is quite entertaining.

Healium wrote: »
    Grand, then leave it for him to clear up, the "I'm right your wrong attitude" on here is bollocks. It's his problem now.

Also... i105-107 sucks! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Same. I never use the toliet. I go beforehand because ill lose time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭ChiefBrody

If the cheat was by concealing notes under his clothing, regardless of whether he actually cheated or not, there's no way they can prove it did or did not happen. The blatant claiming to have done it followed by pathetic attempts to cover it up, that might have some repercussions though...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Oh. In that case I'm telling the truth. Oh. Eh. I'm not sure what I'm saying. Ah sure whatever you're having yourself.
    V5sSO.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 teleboy

Well the Ivory Coast and Portugal game is quite entertaining.

hahahahahaha

now ders a convienient change of subject

haha,dats hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Samskeyti

Michael 09 wrote: »
    I think some justice has come from this thread... the cheaters won't be cheating for the rest of the leaving cert anyway

youd be surprised. most of the cheaters are probably not aware of the uproar over me starting this thread. hell i didnt know until i logged on! and as i said, cheating was widespread as usual today.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

I think today a lot of people are aware of it though...

Did you think you'd get this reaction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 student01

I've noticed that since the story broke, people going to the bathroom half an hour after the exam began have stopped....it's definitely freaked people....I don't know anyone who is cheating, but I suppose anyone who goes to the bathroom during exams falls under suspicion now.

One girl I noticed was going every other day during every other exam without fail-no movement whatsoever today! Whatever happens to the people who have actually been cheating aside, the story itself has definitely made people reconsider the risks of being caught...

It was just my luck that today was the only day I needed to go to the toilet during the exam... I was dying to go for like an hour but because of this scandal I really didn't want to leave :p
    I ending up writing so fast trying to finish (so that I could leave) I don't think the corrector will be able to read my writing!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Protagonist

29xu7gi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

In all fairness, if that's the case you could get an exemption-there shouldn't be any difficulty in managing a medical concern if you have one. The fact remains that most people can avoid having to go during an exam.
    tooler08 wrote: »
    I think your being a bit short sighted there tbh. The majority of people using the toilets are using them genuinely. its impossible to concentrate on a exam if you really need to go
    Some people genuinely need the toilets because of the effect nerves have on them.
    teleboy wrote: »
    hahahahahaha

now ders a convienient change of subject

haha,dats hilarious
    Welcome to Boards.

Please note that this site does not welcome textspeak.

What's Mick Daly's favourite animal?

The cheetah.

What's Mick Daly's favourite river?

The Nile.

What's Mick Daly's favo... I'm all out.

Cheating is pathetic. I was playing a bit of a joke and it went too far. That was patheric. Everyone seemed to believe it. Thats was also pathetic.

It is clear to see from this thread that people want to see people slung up over this whole thing. "I'm contacting boards.ie and the SEC" etc. Why do people feel the need to get so involved. "Oh you're f""ked now buddy" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

student01 wrote: »
    It was just my luck that today was the only day I needed to go to the toilet during the exam... I was dying to go for like an hour but because of this scandal I really didn't want to leave :p
    I ending up writing so fast trying to finish (so that I could leave) I don't think the corrector will be able to read my writing!

Listen if you need to use the toilet, use it. Go, leave the exam hall. If you are not cheating you have nothing to worry about. You may aswell be comfortable doing the exam.

You see now what cheating has done? Well, the awareness of it? People are afraid to use the toilet now, in case they are accused of cheating.

Just don't fecking cheat in the exam, be bigger then that, get an honest result...

You lot never learn... Grow up and quit it with the childish digs, you're bringing yourself down to his level. Don't use him as a target, you never know what is going on with him, the subject is widely ranged, not to some eejit who thought he'd have a laugh (or not).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭ChiefBrody

lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement