Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating in the Leaving Cert

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Samskeyti wrote: »
    i contacted them by giving them a link to this thread and i sent it to their email
    Did you specify the exam centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 niamhygiggles

Look, just give it a rest. We get the point, everyone hates this Mick Daly lad. The SEC will deal with it if they see fit. There's nothing to gain by asking him repeatedly why he's saying this stuff or anything.

Mick, you need to just quit while you're ahead (if you even are). Stop posting on this thread, and pray that you aren't sanctioned. Also if I was you I'd be cancelling my account regardless of whether or not you were joking.

I have curiosities about his behaviours. That's all. I haven't hounded him at all about his cheating or lieing about it. I just don't get why he has posted here saying he cheated, then saying it was a joke, and when people didn't believe him he continued to try convince them.

As I have already said, it isn't for us to witch hunt on an online forum. Just my own wonderment on why he did all this. I have a curious mind. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 teleboy

Mick Daly wrote: »
    Because I don't care. It's only an old exam. Doesn'tmean I will go out and commit other "crimes".

I'm cheating in the LC and that's it. End of story. :cool:

HOW can that be over analysed?

it seems fairly straigthforward to me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭blankguitarist

I have curiosities about his behaviours. That's all. I haven't hounded him at all about his cheating or lieing about it. I just don't get why he has posted here saying he cheated, then saying it was a joke, and when people didn't believe him he continued to try convince them.

As I have already said, it isn't for us to witch hunt on an online forum. Just my own wonderment on why he did all this. I have a curious mind. :)

Well that's fair enough I guess. I just think the entire thing should be put to rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

*Hello is this the SEC?*

*Yes how may we help?*

*I'd like you to track down Ip number: 85.65.48.xxx He's posted on boards.ie that he cheated in exams.*

*Thank you for informing us, we'll be on it right away.

Your fúcked mate:pac:

SEC: We have heard about your claims on boards.ie that you have cheated in the L.C.

Tom: It wasn't me several people use this computer.
    or. I said that but it was just a windup was a laugh with a few friends, bviously i didnt mean it i would never cheat in an exam. or any other excuse for that matter would never happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

teleboy wrote: »
    HOW can that be over analysed?

it seems fairly straigthforward to me!!!
    But we don't know if he's taking the piss or not, the cool face suggests not to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

I just think the entire thing should be put to rest.

well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

SOrry if this was posted earlier , just got added on youtube a few days ago - ha it seems like a good movie

How To Cheat In Your Leaving Cert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z_WHOnHjA4

Confusion? People got riled up about it. People started over analysing what I said.

Then you may ask "what was the point in saying anything in the first place"?

What is the point in replying to any thread? Why are we all here? Who did this? What colour is wheat?

You must be really bored! I honestly don't get it! What was the point in saying anything in the first place? You have said you posted here as a joke. There's no philosophy involved in that.

I just don't undertstand how kids get their kicks these days LOL!

I just don't get why he has posted here saying he cheated, then saying it was a joke, and when people didn't believe him he continued to try convince them.
    Some immature people feel the need to troll and act the big man / woman on internet forums.

Who knows?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

You must be really bored! I honestly don't get it! What was the point in saying anything in the first place? You have said you posted here as a joke. There's no philosophy involved in that.

I just don't undertstand how kids get their kicks these days LOL!
    Frankly I think he did cheat, then realised how bloody stupid admitting it was. Anyway there's no point going on at him for it, best to just move on and let him sweat it out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Being discussed on TodayFM right now.

Well that's fair enough I guess. I just think the entire thing should be put to rest.

Would we ever get to the core of the trolls mind anyway?? LOL.

The thread in general is quite interesting. It's a good discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

Hey Randy, sorry for going Off Topic here but is there any way to change your username on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Being discussed on TodayFM right now.

Just turned it on... Have I missed it? Theyr talking about the wii!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

PARARORY wrote: »
    Just turned it on... Have I missed it? Theyr talking about the wii!

Sorry, I was too late in posting it.

Whoever was speaking said that while it'll be investigated, he didn't seem all that concerned and said that the chances of someone losing a place in a third-level institute due to cheating was "low".

Lawliet wrote: »
    Frankly I think he did cheat, then realised how bloody stupid admitting it was. Anyway there's no point going on at him for it, best to just move on and let him sweat it out.

As I already said. I am interested in his behaviours. Nothing more. I really don't care whether he cheated or not, nor have I hounded him over this.

Just my own curiousity as to why he started this 'joke'. That's all. I'd get it if it was funny. Am I lacking a sense of humour to see where the joke is? LOL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

As I already said. I am interested in his behaviours. Nothing more. I really don't care whether he cheated or not, nor have I hounded him over this.

Just my own curiousity as to why he started this 'joke'. That's all. I'd get it if it was funny. Am I lacking a sense of humour to see where the joke is? LOL!

No. It was an unfunny joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Ponster wrote: »
    Sorry, I was too late in posting it.

Whoever was speaking said that while it'll be investigated, he didn't seem all that concerned and said that the chances of someone losing a place in a third-level institute due to cheating was "low".

yeah, i was listening to Colm And Lucy today and they were saying something like it wont be proven etc something like that anyway, i cant remember clearly i dont think they took it seriously at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

R - A - T

• Advertisement

Hey Randy, sorry for going Off Topic here but is there any way to change your username on here?
    Name changes are available for subscribers ... subscribe for as little as €5 for one month!!!

[/TV Ads voice] :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Would we ever get to the core of the trolls mind anyway?? LOL.

The thread in general is quite interesting. It's a good discussion.
    It really is a good thread.It really took to it's own today though.Something like 30 new pages and most people posting are actually doing the leaving cert so they would only have been posting for a few hours.Quite a fitting time for all this to hit the spotlight I suppose.Another thing for the citizens of I reland to be ashamed about,the failure of state exams:D......But seriously though,these problems have been around EVERY single year.Why make such a big deal about it now especially considering all the other headlines in the news exposing faults in other government departments.Can't possibly help with peoples confidemce in the government.

No. It was an unfunny joke.

Fair play Mick. You know if you are investigated for this. It will be noted on your academic record which will definitely cause you problems applying for courses through UCAS.

R - A - T
    Congratulations on learning to spell three letter words.

Infracted for personal abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

Samskeyti wrote: »
    There's cheating happening in my school, the majority of students use the fact that the toilets are in our P.E hall and that the superintendents have no reason to follow them in. The students hide notes written from before the exam in their socks and pants and some even got away with having a phone on their lap for an entire paper and reading saved messages from it. Others used the bathroom to call students from other schools and got full answers on questions.

Our principal is a complete waster as students were caught cheating in the L.C.V.P exam and nothing was done about it. I thought if you were caught cheating that you couldn't sit another state exam? Should I inform the superintendents of how stupid they're being or e-mail the State Examinations Commission? I know for definate that Irish will be the exam that most will cheat on because of learning notes off by heart will prove too much effort for them. Help??:confused:

Definitely reporet them. It's scary to think that in Medicine exams in uni that people would cheat - imagine going to a doctor who cheated in his exams - i wouldn't like it anyway. People who cheat always will - they should be reported. i know how annoyed u feel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I cheated in my leaving cert in the most complex way, I stored loads of information in my mind and then I had to use my powers of recall to remember it.... Oh wait thats not cheating is it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DamoNolan

this whole topic is in the evening herald 2nite so i'd be careful they even mention boards.ie :)

Fair play Mick. You know if you are investigated for this. It will be noted on your academic record which will definitely cause you problems applying for courses through UCAS.

LMAO!!! I swear at first I read this and thought you meant his lack of joke skills would be noted!!! Yes I know I should be blonde!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Congratulations on learning to spell three letter words.

Infracted for personal abuse.
    randyshorthorncattle, you're throwing everyone into red light territory today. PIMP! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

this debate is getting pretty boring tbh.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement