Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating in the Leaving Cert

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

gant0 wrote: »
    But seriously though,these problems have been around EVERY single year. Why make such a big deal about it now especially considering all the other headlines in the news exposing faults in other government departments.
    ... and indeed throughout the banking and regulatory systems, and many other areas?

Fair question, and I think the answer is in the question tbh.

Maybe the Irish are finally growing up and realising that nothing ever changes while people keep saying "Fair play to the cute hoor, he got away with it!!"
    gant0 wrote: »
    Can't possibly help with peoples confidemce in the government.
    I don't think most people could lose any more confidence in the government / politicians generally, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irondragons

zoom! wrote: »
    this debate is getting pretty boring tbh.....

You don't say.

This whole 47 page thread is just the first 3 pages repeated over and over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 niamhygiggles

... and indeed throughout the banking and regulatory systems, and many other areas?

Fair question, and I think the answer is in the question tbh.

Maybe the Irish are finally growing up and realising that nothing ever changes while people keep saying "Fair play to the cute hoor, he got away with it!!"

I don't think most people could lose any more confidence in the government / politicians generally, tbh.

I'm new and have NO idea how to navigate these boards! Do you happen to know of any Enda Kenny threads regarding the power struggle in Fine Gael?

I know I'm a TOTALLY hi jacker!! Slap me!

Healium wrote: »
    randyshorthorncattle, you're throwing everyone into red light territory today. PIMP! :cool:
    Yep. When dealing with large crowds and high emotions, rein things in early, calmly, firmly and consistently. Only way to do it.

There were enough warnings posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

I really don't think that people who cheat are going to do drastically better than they would otherwise. Its not like they have full answers written out in front of them, at most they can look at a few words for a few mins in the bathrooms or whatever. So don't worry about it, they're still going to do ****

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tyler durden4

ok literally every1 except the person who cheated here is an absolute ****** hahaha who actualy gives a **** I THINK FAIR ****ING PLAY for having the balls to cheat now when ur done have a few cans ;) hahahaha

I'm new and have NO idea how to navigate these boards! Do you happen to know of any Enda Kenny threads regarding the power struggle in Fine Gael?
    Try here.

Be sure to read the charter first before posting though.

Politics is modded very strictly; has to be, tbh.
    I know I'm a TOTALLY hi jacker!! Slap me!
    Consider yourself slapped! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭halpin17

Were not allowed into the toilets beside the exam centre to prevent pre placed notes,so they get used during exam time only.were not allowed up to the area until 5 mins before and were followed into the toilet by 5th years have to sign in and sign out to go to the toilet.it's pretty f**king strict in my school phones off on the floor or not brought in to the exam centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

...abusive pimp...

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I cheated myself my whole life by pretending the LC wouldn't just show up one day. It didn't really help tbh, why would I cheat now?

People who cheat are pathetic and unfair.

Mile daly is pathetic.

Life is unfair.

Cheating is a reality of life.

Whole thread summed up ^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Hey OP you got me caught cheatin wait til i ****ing get you.

Just kidding. I couldn't be bothered cheatin,imagine goin home and tellin your parents you were caught cheatin and got kicked out? I'd **** myself.

ok literally every1 except the person who cheated here is an absolute ****** hahaha who actualy gives a **** I THINK FAIR ****ING PLAY for having the balls to cheat now when ur done have a few cans ;) hahahaha
    What an EXCELLENT first post!!!

Banned from LC for a week. :rolleyes:

Healium wrote: »
    ...abusive pimp...
    Banned from having sex for the rest of his life! :cool:

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I'm reporting you.

Lul

Dude. It's Tyler Durden. He's just trying to bring down the LC forum.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MichelleSm1th

Samskeyti wrote: »
    There's cheating happening in my school, the majority of students use the fact that the toilets are in our P.E hall and that the superintendents have no reason to follow them in. The students hide notes written from before the exam in their socks and pants and some even got away with having a phone on their lap for an entire paper and reading saved messages from it. Others used the bathroom to call students from other schools and got full answers on questions.

Our principal is a complete waster as students were caught cheating in the L.C.V.P exam and nothing was done about it. I thought if you were caught cheating that you couldn't sit another state exam? Should I inform the superintendents of how stupid they're being or e-mail the State Examinations Commission? I know for definate that Irish will be the exam that most will cheat on because of learning notes off by heart will prove too much effort for them. Help??:confused:

I agree with your concerns about cheating but I have my reservations. The LC is grossly unfair to have to study for 7 subjects and try and get A1's in at least six so that you can get into medicine! It has put untold stress on me to make my parents happy! How can one be expected to excel in such differing fields as maths and irish. I love the cupla focal gaeilge but am hopeless at maths. Lucky for me, there is a man name Steve Jobs.

Just last week, I pretended to use my iPhone as a calculator. In fact the supervisor in my hall complemented me on such a nice calculator. Little did he know, I had the ability to go online and look up such pointless things as trigonometry and algebra. Now this may have been a help to me but you have got to put yourself in a position to succeed later in life. My parents always engrained a sense of entitlement in my upbringing and I believe I have every right to do "whatever it takes".

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

Banned from having sex for the rest of his life!

:p

Ha you're really getting into this banning people thing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 niamhygiggles

Try here.

Be sure to read the charter first before posting though.

Politics is modded very strictly; has to be, tbh.

MERCI!!! And merci also for the advice, I will do that.

I think I'm gonna like it here *makes herself comfy in chair*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

greetings wrote: »
    Just kidding. I couldn't be bothered cheatin,imagine goin home and tellin your parents you were caught cheatin and got kicked out? I'd **** myself.

Same
    Its a waste of energy
    People who cheat would spend more time tryin to cheat then actually answering the ques

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

Lucky for me, there is a man name Steve Jobs.

Just last week, I pretended to use my iPhone as a calculator. In fact the supervisor in my hall complemented me on such a nice calculator. Little did he know, I had the ability to go online and look up such pointless things as trigonometry and algebra.

I do not believe for one second that you were allowed to use an iPhone during a LC exam.

Fail

• Advertisement

My parents always engrained a sense of entitlement in my upbringing and I believe I have every right to do "whatever it takes".
    And it really paid off for your namesake!

Why is the needle on my trollometer having another fit? :rolleyes:

Seems to be the day for it ...
    Michael 09 wrote: »
    Ha you're really getting into this banning people thing!!
    Well, it's really not going to make *that* much difference to Healium! >_>

/ducks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Ok I'm finding this brilliant and all, and I agree completely, but people have been making points like this for quite a while. Are you trying to clean up the thread due to all the interest its suddenly created? Considering how off topic its gotten (initially was just someone asking for advice), would it not just be better to close it? I don't know about that guy but banning someone who actually uses this board for a week could be a bit OTT, and for many could be the equivalent of a total ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭halpin17

Nope never cheated way too scary consequences can't even sit ur driving test

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Well I see it this way, people are always going to cheat. People are unwilling to report their class mates. In my school, even the 5th year attendants are aware of the cheating but no way are they willing to risk being outcasted for the rest of their school life for reporting someone. I can see why people are getting upset because they literally spend 2 years of their life preparing for an exam and someone uses a cheat sheet to bump themselves a grade or two. But unless they change the system it won't change, regardless how much of a shít storm this media circus creates. It really is too easy to do. Some subjects you can afford to take breaks, some you can't. I've even heard about an honour maths student using Wolfram Alpha on his iPhone to fully solve maths questions..

".

You expect to do well in Medicine yet you struggle with leaving cert maths. PS, you are entitled to nothing in life. You have to earn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

you are entitled to nothing in life. You have to earn it.

Thats what my da always says - Amen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

Its the Crucible all over again! Somebody be the John Proctor!

I'm in this school as well... its a grind school they have cameras in most of the rooms.... and you're right her mammy and her very very high standing daddy would be majorly embarrassed... she's cheating scum who's hated by the whole school now...

What's this about?

Ok I'm finding this brilliant and all, and I agree completely, but people have been making points like this for quite a while. Are you trying to clean up the thread due to all the interest its suddenly created?
    No, I was well aware from the start that it was likely to attract attention. :)

Look at the post again ...

... every1 except the person who cheated here is an absolute ****** ... personal abuse.

... first post: he just registered to post that tripe.

It's not the point I have a problem with, it's the above.
    I don't know about that guy but banning someone who actually uses this board for a week could be a bit OTT, and for many could be the equivalent of a total ban.
    He doesn't use the board: he has one post.

Also, in general boards discourages arguing moderator decisions on thread, as it derails them. Please contact the mods (or CatMods) by PM if you feel a need for clarification / discussion. If that doesn't resolve the issue, Helpdesk is available as a final "court of appeal". :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Also, in general boards discourages arguing moderator decisions on thread, as it derails them. Please contact the mods (or CatMods) by PM if you feel a need for clarification / discussion. If that doesn't resolve the issue, Helpdesk is available as a final "court of appeal". :)

Sorry I didn't mean to sound argumentative, I definitely agree with decisions thus far, just wondering is all.

I'll stop talking about it now..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement