Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating in the Leaving Cert

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Sigi

I take it you haven't read today's paper?

Eh which one?I've read articles on cheating and what have you.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

What did today's paper say?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Sigi wrote: »
    Well if that satisfaction is worth spending all that time then alright.But don't complain if someone who cheated gets your place.I on the other hand have the satisfaction of doing as good or better than everybody who spent the year studying.Personally I wouldn't be satisfied by taking the longest and most difficult route to complete a task

Are you suggesting that you genuinely would feel no guilt if you and your best friend applied for the same course and you got it by cheating your way there, and he/she has to either repeat, which isnt the most desirable thing to do, or do a course they have no huge interest in?? You would feel only satisfaction that you got in??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 deltoro

Healium wrote: »
    Now that'd be telling ;)
    What's the point?
    If you can't work hard now, you'll only end up dropping out of college anyway, stealing someone else's place AND wasting it

Sorry thats absolute bull**** think about it for a second in college you choose a course your interested in as opposed to the 8 subjects you do in school where you may only be interested in one or two

Aha, was it that the IP number of people bragging about cheating on forums can be recovered and the person investigated? Was that it? Do we have another 'Mike'?

OOOPS I mean Mick!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Blerdiii wrote: »
    i go to a different school to healium but i know most of the ppl in that school . pretty sure guesstimate that noone (at most 2 people who are only looking for d3 if even) are cheating. because at the end of the day all the people who want college in that school are working for it, and those who dont..well the LC is just a laugh. relax
    I think you have the wrong school XD
    I didn't know you knew anybody in my school :confused:
    Unless you mean the ladies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Aha, was it that the IP number of people bragging about cheating on forums can be recovered and the person investigated? Was that it? Do we have another 'Mike'?

Exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

deltoro wrote: »
    Sorry thats absolute bull**** think about it for a second in college you choose a course your interested in as opposed to the 8 subjects you do in school where you may only be interested in one or two
    Just because you're interested in it won't stop you being a lazy cheater

aine92 wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that you genuinely would feel no guilt if you and your best friend applied for the same course and you got it by cheating your way there, and he/she has to either repeat, which isnt the most desirable thing to do, or do a course they have no huge interest in?? You would feel only satisfaction that you got in??

TBh I'd probably find it pretty funny.If they didn't do what was necessary to get what they wanted,thats their own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Just because you'll be studying something you're interested in, doesn't mean it won't be tough. A lot of courses have a workload equal to the leaving cert, covered in a much shorter time frame, with no teachers to hold your hand and spoon feed you the information. If you get into bad habits of not studying and cheating, based on the assumption that you'll love your course so much that any work will be easy and interesting to learn -you'll be in for a shock. If you can't get through the leaving cert without cheating, you're really going to struggle in third level.

• Advertisement

Exactly!

What?Who on earth is Mike?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

TBh I'd probably find it pretty funny.If they didn't do what was necessary to get what they wanted,thats their own fault.
    What an AWESOME friend you are! :)

Heehee, this is going to be fun.... :)

What was necessary? Getting off your lazy backside and studying to make sure you got your points in an honest way is necessary, not cheating all your friends out of the future they've wanted for years!!

Thank God none of my friends are like you. Thank God.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Posted on boards last year that he cheated with a programmable calculator in every test. The state examinations commision tracked him down apparently by his ip address..

A friend of mine got 580 in the Leaving Cert, worked her ass off to get her points, got English and Philosophy in TCD, which was about 520 ish I think, and had to drop out in her first year because she found the pressure to be too much and the course content very difficult, and she LOVED english.

Posted on boards last year that he cheated with a programmable calculator in every test. The state examinations commision tracked him down apparently by his ip address..
    Ok, I think you're well and truly mixed up.

The incident you are referring to happened two years ago, and his name wasn't Mick or Mike ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 haiguise

PG 32 of this topic, eric cartman is quoting poster "maikki"

OP forgot to mention <modsnip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

....Oh Dear......

I've been keeping up with this thread the whole way along but after the ten millionth person deciding that they're going to be a rebel and start going on about how they don't care about cheating people out of a place as long as they get what they want.... I finally give up!! And I cannot believe the amount of selfish people there are!

:(:(:(

ps. I blame the SEC. Not for the cheating but for making an unfair system in the first place. FIrstly: people wouldn't feel the need to cheat. Secondly: people wouldn't be so worried about others cheating, as it truly wouldn't impact their own results. That is all! :rolleyes:

haiguise...really? How could you possibly know that?

(dont worry RLH, I know you snipped and I wont repeat what he said :))

• Advertisement

haiguise wrote: »
    PG 32 of this topic, eric cartman is quoting poster "maikki"

OP forgot to mention <modsnip>
    No they didn't, I deleted it.

No specific personal details please.

This is not a kangaroo court.

why was my post edited?

to save some cheaters father some embarresment? for shame

Naw, Mick Daly was somone chatting on this post earlier on, said he had cheated but then withdrew it when he realised about the I.P address being trackable....probably just stirring trouble but who knows...that's the difficulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

The name's Daly, Mick Daly.

What an AWESOME friend you are! :)

Thanks.I like to think I am.
    What was necessary? Getting off your lazy backside and studying to make sure you got your points in an honest way is necessary, not cheating all your friends out of the future they've wanted for years!!

Thank God none of my friends are like you. Thank God.

By whats necessary what i mean is: You know give or take how many points you need.So go and get them by whatever means you can.If cheating will get you where you want to be then so be it.If you don't get what you want its nobody's fault but your own.

And as for the friend thing,yeah it'd be funny.I wouldn't actually say it but yeah.What would you do in that position?

If he commences to reply...Im off. Cant hack him anymore.

Heehee, have to admit the timing has style Mick!!! :L

haiguise wrote: »
    why was my post edited?

to save some cheaters father some embarresment? for shame
    The reason is given in the post above yours.

This is not some kangaroo court.

If you have reason to suspect someone is cheating, go make a proper complaint to the proper people.

Don't accuse them here, with enough detail to identify them, and take their good name away without an opportunity for a fair hearing.

Thanks.I like to think I am.

By whats necessary what i mean is: You know give or take how many points you need.So go and get them by whatever means you can.If cheating will get you where you want to be then so be it.If you don't get what you want its nobody's fault but your own.

And as for the friend thing,yeah it'd be funny.I wouldn't actually say it but yeah.What would you do in that position?

The means by which I would get them is by studying! And if I didnt get the points, I should have studied harder. I looked here on Boards for some mocks tips for English and felt so guilty after I couldnt get anymore!

I would never be in that situation because I would never cheat.

• Advertisement

No they didn't, I deleted it.

No specific personal details please.

This is not a kangaroo court.

ok my bad but the person wondering about what how would I know if what I claimed was true? I'm a student of the school. my whole school is very annoyed with this one student and there seems to be nothing that can be done to catch out the cheater

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement