Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating in the Leaving Cert

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

darragh-k wrote: »
    Ha, this thread is bringing so many trolls its unbelievable....people aren't really that stupid to both cheat in the leaving cert. AND post it on the internet are they?! really...

And in response to above post, no, cheating does not show "a will to win and a drive to succeed at any cost" it shows you're scum, nothing else

Scum for cheating in an exam.............really? You sound bitter. Drug dealers are scum, peado's are scum cheaters are clever not scum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 teleboy

thefly wrote: »
    Fair play to the cheaters. Cheating isn't a bad thing. It shows a will to win and a drive to succeed at any cost. The LC is b***s*** anyway. I cheated my nuts off in the LC and it did me no harm. From notes written on my legs to essays written on bog roll to morse code pen clicking for the aural's IE one click for a 2 for b ect ect. Life is a dog eat dog world and the sooner these kids realise this the better. OP think of this as a life lesson

Cheat on people cheat on

It may have done you no harm,but nobody cares about that,its the harm that it does to others,the leaving cert is a competition,simarlary,the world cup is a competition,they got away with cheating and we had to handle the consequences.you are the exact same as henry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Fair play to the cheaters. Cheating isn't a bad thing. It shows a will to win and a drive to succeed at any cost. The LC is b***s*** anyway. I cheated my nuts off in the LC and it did me no harm. From notes written on my legs to essays written on bog roll to morse code pen clicking for the aural's IE one click for a 2 for b ect ect. Life is a dog eat dog world and the sooner these kids realise this the better. OP think of this as a life lesson

Cheat on people cheat on
    ...and hope for society disappears
    This validates my point further. I had to think outside the box and come up with new and effective ways to cheat. Now tell me that's not clever. I used more skill and cunning than anyone that learns a question of by heart. That's all the LC is, memory. Whereas I had to think for myself come up with a strategy and follow it through. I use these skills eveyday in my current job and in life in general. I cant tell you the last time I needed Algebra in everyday life
    Its not clever, its pretending that you're clever by getting false grades
    Scum for cheating in an exam.............really? You sound bitter. Drug dealers are scum, peado's are scum cheaters are clever not scum
    No, pretty sure cheaters are scum, too
    Stealing a person's year by forcing them to repeat, or even stealing their future livelihood. Kinda seems worse than selling drugs to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Well you should know. I did it for Irish but I couldn't get someone to do it for French so I devised another plan. I got my mate to place his and on a certain part of the table i.e top left corner =a bottom left b ect ect.

This validates my point further. I had to think outside the box and come up with new and effective ways to cheat. Now tell me that's not clever. I used more skill and cunning than anyone that learns a question of by heart. That's all the LC is, memory. Whereas I had to think for myself come up with a strategy and follow it through. I use these skills eveyday in my current job and in life in general. I cant tell you the last time I needed Algebra in everyday life

You don't seem to get the point of the LC. It's not an intelligence test. If that was what they were after they'd stick to the DATS or IQ tests.

The LC is a test on how hard you are willing to work and study and how well you can understand certain kinds of principles. It doesn't matter how clever you are, if you're extremely lazy (like me :pac:) you won't do well in college (or in life in general, for that matter).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I'm not surprised people are cheating at the same time. All a thread like this does is make us question the morals/merits of the leaving cert 'system'...
    You're sitting the exam, you're entitled to question it.

Hopefully, whoever is monitoring this thread from the SEC will pick up on more than just the allegations of cheating.
    I cheated my nuts off in the LC and it did me no harm.
    Who else did it harm?

Oh, wait ... you don't care.
    haiguise wrote: »
    person at the top of the list is in my school and was cheating again today, this person has cheated for nearly every exam so far. how is that fair to me or any other student in the country? Teachers and the exam superviser have been told numerous times and nothing has done, which has led me to believe this student is being protected due to who her father is. the scandel that would occur if the media and public found out would be huge. where is the fairness for the ordinary people who just want to do well?
    Have any of you contacted the SEC directly, even if anonymously if you prefer, and specified the exam centre?

"Someone is cheating in a school somewhere" doesn't help them much.

It would certainly be a better alternative than going to the papers, who are far more interested in a story than in investigating the truth or in actual justice.

Though it is possible that the situation *is* being monitored and recorded. If everyone was pulled out of their exams as soon as someone made an accusation, there would be way too much scope for unfounded malicious accusations.

However, contacting the SEC directly is the right way to make sure, isn't it?

• Advertisement

Jesus with the standard of English and the terrible grammar on this thread I hope more people are cheating.

Henry is a name so should there should be a capital letter at the beginning of a first and surname.

Also Henry and France are in the WC and Ireland are not..........................so cheating wins. You have highlighted the point perfectly, thanks

no,I highlighted the downside side i cheating....unless your french,and I really think your the only person here who cares about the standard of English

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Blerdiii

person at the top of the list is in my school and was cheating again today, this person has cheated for nearly every exam so far. how is that fair to me or any other student in the country? Teachers and the exam superviser have been told numerous times and nothing has done, which has led me to believe this student is being protected due to who her father is. the scandel that would occur if the media and public found out would be huge. where is the fairness for the ordinary people who just want to do well?

why should who her father is protect her, all it should do is try and not let it get publically known(which i would not wish on anyone , the sec sanctions are enough)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Anyone can google ways to cheat and carry them out. There's nothing clever or creative about that. It just shows laziness and desperation.

teleboy wrote: »
    no,I highlighted the downside side i cheating....unless your french,and I really think your the only person here who cares about the standard of English

Clearly I am

France are in the World Cup and Ireland are not. Cheaters win weather you like it or not that's life.

Lawliet wrote: »
    Anyone can google ways to cheat and carry them out. There's nothing clever or creative about that. It just shows laziness and desperation.

Not to sure Google was about when I sat the LC. I came up with the ideas myself.

• Advertisement

Not to sure Google was about when I sat the LC. I came up with the ideas myself.

If your that old,why do you even care about this thread?

If your that old,why do you even care about this thread?

It's a public forum. I didn't know you had to be a LC student to contribute.

It's a public forum. I didn't know you had to be a LC student to contribute.

You don't,but people of your age normally have better better things to do with their life than argue with a bunch of leaving certs

Less of the grammar nazism, please.

Relevant posts deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

Drug dealers and paedophiles are also clever.... they have to be so as not to get caught - but it doesn't work every time! And lots of them do get caught and then look where cheating life and breaking the law gets them. :)

A person can be clever and scum at the same time. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MonTheBiffy

Well I think we can all agree that thefly is a pure and utter idiot. Moderator, ban me if you want but this person is blatently advocating cheating in all aspects of life. Let me ask you this thefly: Do you think Tiger Woods has benefitted from cheating? His image has been tarnished, his marriage left in tatters and numerous other peoples lives severely affected. If (though doubtful since you are an ass) your girlfriend or boyfriend cheated on you would you accept it and just say they win? If so you are as big a fool as i thought. Please don't respond with some childish comment on grammar or spelling or whatever. Act like an adult and a person with morals and ethics.

Yours truly,
    Slightly Enraged.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Less of the grammar nazism, please.

Relevant posts deleted.

You've only deleted mine, which semi-proved that cheating doesn't pay because the guy couldn't use the correct homophone, and contained no real grammar nazism, just giving the guy a taste of his own medicine.
    His post with actual grammar nazism still stands. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

Sorry lol. Wasn't trying to accuse anyone was just trying to be lighthearted that time randylonghorn. :)

sits in naughty corner

You've only deleted mine, which semi-proved that cheating doesn't pay because the guy couldn't use the correct homophone, and contained no real grammar nazism, just giving the guy a taste of his own medicine.
    His post with actual grammar nazism still stands. :confused:
    I deleted 3 ... but you're right, I missed one - fixed.

Now back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

becca23 wrote: »
    <modsnip>

Report the exam centre to the SEC then.

• Advertisement

Well I think we can all agree that thefly is a pure and utter idiot. Moderator, ban me if you want but this person is blatently advocating cheating in all aspects of life. Let me ask you this thefly: Do you think Tiger Woods has benefitted from cheating? His image has been tarnished, his marriage left in tatters and numerous other peoples lives severely affected. If (though doubtful since you are an ass) your girlfriend or boyfriend cheated on you would you accept it and just say they win? If so you are as big a fool as i thought. Please don't respond with some childish comment on grammar or spelling or whatever. Act like an adult and a person with morals and ethics.

Yours truly,
    Slightly Enraged.
    :pac:

Good post Enraged.

I can't believe how many fanny's there are in the country. It's an exam ffs. Also you ask me to act like an adult yet it's you who has resorted to name calling.

Why is everyone bringing sports into the argument (Henry and Woods) Brian O Driscoll said on the late late when asked about the Henry accident would he cheat to win and he said yes. In fact he admitted to doing so in the past. Kevin Doyle said he would do the same as Henry in order to win. Sports stars are winners. They will win at all cost. That's why they are winners. That's why France are in the WC and Ireland are not!!!!

I cheated in a state exam and almost every other exam I sat. I hated school and exams and only sat the leaving to make my parents proud. I used my head and my own cunning to get what I wanted and did it guilt free. And trust me I was not even nearly the worst offender, by a long shot.

You also make a point about my partner cheating on me. Thats so far off the point its not funny. If she did, I would break up with her. Just like if I was caught cheating in the LC I would have to pay the consequences too.

I'm not saying it's right but if someone wants to cheat in a poxy exam, then be my guest

I hated school and exams and only sat the leaving to make my parents proud.
    They have a lot to be proud of, if they only knew.

haha no her father would do it all to protect his lovely daughter... people know better to believe him and herself..... and no the sec sanctions are not enough for this young one

ah i know the fking sort...so even if you report her nothing will happen...isnt it lovely to be protected!
    great parenting eh ?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Then report to it the SEC then if they are doing nothing about it and are ignoring the reports. Cheating is wrong and shouldn't be done particularly in a state exam

Good post Enraged.

I can't believe how many fanny's there are in the country. It's an exam ffs. Also you ask me to act like an adult yet it's you who has resorted to name calling.

Why is everyone bringing sports into the argument (Henry and Woods) Brian O Driscoll said on the late late when asked about the Henry accident would he cheat to win and he said yes. In fact he admitted to doing so in the past. Kevin Doyle said he would do the same as Henry in order to win. Sports stars are winners. They will win at all cost. That's why they are winners. That's why France are in the WC and Ireland are not!!!!

I cheated in a state exam and almost every other exam I sat. I hated school and exams and only sat the leaving to make my parents proud. I used my head and my own cunning to get what I wanted and did it guilt free. And trust me I was not even nearly the worst offender, by a long shot.

You also make a point about my partner cheating on me. Thats so far off the point its not funny. If she did, I would break up with her. Just like if I was caught cheating in the LC I would have to pay the consequences too.

I'm not saying it's right but if someone wants to cheat in a poxy exam, then be my guest

Your view is so one sided,you have to try and understand this from our perspective,i understand that it may have helped you in the past,but surely you were p****d when you saw france go through? because thats how thousands of people that have been working hard for 2 years feel right now because arrogant people are going online saying that they cheated,how they cheated and that they don't care about anyone else,that,for me is worse than what Henry did

Blerdiii wrote: »
    ah i know the fking sort...so even if you report her nothing will happen...isnt it lovely to be protected!
    great parenting eh ?:rolleyes:
    That's bull, no offense intended..

The SEC won't give a damn whose daughter she is, whether or not it might be a concern locally.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

I'm not suprised that it goes on, but I am suprised at the pure volume of people that do it.

I mean I have seen/heard of more people cheating in these exams then any other exams, including the mocks or summer tests.

It's annoying in a way, your there struggling with a difficult paper, praying you will get through it, the lad beside you has his phone out, you can't see what he is writing but he is writing a load of stuff.

Some people you wouldn't even expect it from.

That's bull, no offense intended..

The SEC won't give a damn whose daughter she is, whether or not it might be a concern locally.

i wasnt saying that. i was actually saying it inquisitively to annoyed lc student!( in an odd way ill admit!)
    course the SEC dont care

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Blerdiii wrote: »
    i wasnt saying that. i was actually saying it inquisitively to annoyed lc student!( in an odd way ill admit!)
    course the SEC dont care

Why don't you report the student to them and then tell me that they don't care.

• Advertisement

Your view is so one sided,you have to try and understand this from our perspective,i understand that it may have helped you in the past,but surely you were p****d when you saw france go through? because thats how thousands of people that have been working hard for 2 years feel right now because arrogant people are going online saying that they cheated,how they cheated and that they don't care about anyone else,that,for me is worse than what Henry did

Yeah thats selfish alright I can't argue with that. If I'm been honest I never thought of my fellow student either. TBH most of my mates were cheating too.

And to be honest I am a season ticket holder and watch live football every week. I was pissed for about 5 minutes but after that I was in support of Henry. Sports stars will do anything win, cheating included. So said Kevin Doyle straight after the France Ireland match and B O Driscoll, Tony McCoy and Katie Taylor when they were on the Late Late. So can we stop bringing sports starts into this because they will cheat to win. Not on purpose mind you but if the opportunity arises.....................

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement