Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating in the Leaving Cert

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭klose

I think there after taking note of this cheating thing and are doing stuff about it, usually when i went to the toilet (i drink lots in exams) the exam helper guy, a student of the school walked me to the toilets and waited outside, nowadays he comes into the bathroom and waits there and watches, dosent stare now, but id say hes been told to do this....thank god i can pee freely these days haha:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

i dont think they meant sec don't care they're cheating i think they meant they know the sec dont care who her father is

Look at the post again. The poster said the SEC don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

thefly wrote: »
    I cheated in a state exam and almost every other exam I sat. I hated school and exams and only sat the leaving to make my parents proud.

The only question I'll ask you is: Do they know you cheated in it?

I don't think they do. I don't think you'd ever let them know, either, because proud couldn't be further from what they would feel. What any parent would feel. You can spout off all you want about cheating, how great it is, and how great you are, but when you have to lie to your parents to make them proud, it's just proof you know it's wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Blerdiii

unknown13 wrote: »
    Why don't you report the student to them and then tell me that they don't care.
    they dont care WHO she is!
    wow i really am sh1t at communicating online!

I cheated in a state exam and almost every other exam I sat. I hated school and exams and only sat the leaving to make my parents proud. I used my head and my own cunning to get what I wanted and did it guilt free. And trust me I was not even nearly the worst offender, by a long shot.

Good for you, I hope someone who put in long hours studying gets your college place you wanted and someone who worked through out the year isn't denied a college place they deserve by you.

• Advertisement

Blerdiii wrote: »
    they dont care WHO she is!
    wow i really am sh1t at communicating online!

Who don't care the SEC or the invigilator in her room.

i dont think they meant sec don't care they're cheating i think they meant they know the sec dont care who her father is
    THANK YOU :P
    look at the mess you've got me into! everyone thinks im being silly :P:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 teleboy

Yeah thats selfish alright I can't argue with that. If I'm been honest I never thought of my fellow student either. TBH most of my mates were cheating too.

And to be honest I am a season ticket holder and watch live football every week. I was pissed for about 5 minutes but after that I was in support of Henry. Sports stars will do anything win, cheating included. So said Kevin Doyle straight after the France Ireland match and B O Driscoll, Tony McCoy and Katie Taylor when they were on the Late Late. So can we stop bringing sports starts into this because they will cheat to win. Not on purpose mind you but if the opportunity arises.....................

The difference in the leaving cert situation is....there is no lucky oppurtunity arising in the middle of the exam,they are creating these oppurtunities hours before the exam starts,the answer don't luckily fall into a cheaters hand in the middle of the exam,this is all planned and premeditated,probably a better analagy (I know that you want to get off the topic of sports but....) would be a sportsman talking drugs to enhance performance,thats not a lucky oppurtunity,thats completely different,same with people cheating in the leaving cert

Who don't care the SEC or the invigilator in her room.
    ok i have abbsolutely nothing to do with this ! its annoyedlc student who has all the info? i was only asking him about it !!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

The only question I'll ask you is: Do they know you cheated in it?

I don't think they do. I don't think you'd ever let them know, either, because proud couldn't be further from what they would feel. What any parent would feel. You can spout off all you want about cheating, how great it is, and how great you are, but when you have to lie to your parents to make them proud, it's just proof you know it's wrong.

O I told them alright. Years later of course and they didn't bat an eye lid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Which certainly explains where you got your attitude to life!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Bill_Le_Viking

M&S* wrote: »
    At the end of the day it's not going to affect your results so why bother worrying about it? Concentrate on yourself I'd say!

Might not affect your results but it will affect the amount of people who are getting offered places they otherwise would not have gotten. How would ya feel if yourself and a friend both wanted a place on the same course and your friend was cheating and got offered a place instead of you?

Good for you, I hope someone who put in long hours studying gets your college place you wanted and someone who worked through out the year isn't denied a college place they deserve by you.

I never went to college in Ireland so I didn't and throughout is one word. Maybe you should go back to college

Might not affect your results but it will affect the amount of people who are getting offered places they otherwise would not have gotten. How would ya feel if yourself and a friend both wanted a place on the same course and your friend was cheating and got offered a place instead of you?

It does actually affect your results,the leaving cert has to be a bell curve,so if too many people to too well,they will go back,change the marking scheme and redo the papers,except thougher

i am not even going to bother telling you what i think of you because clearly you are whatever you are.
    why are you still on this tbh i think you've had your say and you can't do anything else, you wont convince anyone you're right as we wont convince you cheating is NOT ok.
    so why are you still blowing on?

I never went to college in Ireland so I didn't and throughout is one word. Maybe you should go back to college
    Maybe you should heed the warning from a moderator of this forum to desist from the petty grammar nazism?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭LutherBlissett

I might be the only one who thought this when I read the last couple of comments in this thread, however I would have to question the propriety of a moderator of this forum insulting the family of a poster.

teleboy wrote: »
    It does actually affect your results,the leaving cert has to be a bell curve,so if too many people to too well,they will go back,change the marking scheme and redo the papers,except thougher

Well considering how badly our student are suffering in international grade leagues, thats not a bad thing. In fact because of my cheating exams are now harder meaning students have to study more which makes them more intelligent.

Wow not only did I get a better mark because of cheating, I have also made future students more intelligent!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I might be the only one who thought this when I read the last couple of comments in this thread, however I would have to question the propriety of a moderator of this forum insulting the family of a poster.

insulting? thefly already said they didn't bat an eyelid. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Wow can't believe this thread is now in the newspapers and on RTE!! Hope those cheating scumbags get caught. Those who are cheating f**K up another person's chance at getting a college place.

• Advertisement

If you have a problem with the modding of this forum; PM a Category mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 numune

haiguise wrote: »
    person at the top of the list is in my school and was cheating again today, this person has cheated for nearly every exam so far. how is that fair to me or any other student in the country? Teachers and the exam superviser have been told numerous times and nothing has done, which has led me to believe this student is being protected due to who her father is. the scandel that would occur if the media and public found out would be huge. where is the fairness for the ordinary people who just want to do well?

it's getting ridiculous at this stage. since her parents were brought into it and of course they believe she's not cheating, she leaves her phone with them now before she goes into school to prove to them she's not using it for help. but today in french she had sheets with what i'm guessing were full reaction pieces, and she slipped them under her exam and copied the whole way through. i only found this out afterwards when several people said they saw her. i'm not sure why nobody has reported her to the superintendant, maybe they're scared of her because of her "high" connections, but there has been so many reports to the principal and i don't know why there hasn't been further actions on it. any advice for what to do now? i think she only has two exams left

Well considering how badly our student are suffering in international grade leagues, thats not a bad thing. In fact because of my cheating exams are now harder meaning students have to study more which makes them more intelligent.

Wow not only did I get a better mark because of cheating, I have also made future students more intelligent!!!!!!

Are you here just because you want to aggrivate people?

A few comments ago you agreed with me about being against aggrivating

Are you just here to troll? Because we are actually trying to seriously talk about something that is affecting 59000 of us

wow you are a piece of work...delusional much?:rolleyes:

I don't think I insulted anyone; I think I merely stated the obvious.

For that matter, if thefly is so sure he did right, how would suggesting he got that attitude from his parents insult either him or them?

However ... see below.
    If you have a problem with the modding of this forum; PM a Category mod

Moderators are subject to review just like any poster; we are not "above the law".

Wow a mod insulting my family. That's not very nice. I am an adult what I did happened years ago. Do you think my parents should start lecturing me.

Without giving away to much info. My mother is a director of a charity in Ireland and works 6 days a week for free. She has appeared in every national paper. She has been featured in articles in America, Australia and Spain. She has been on Q&A and the Late late and only a few moths ago was featured on the front page of a leading national paper celebrating the work she and the charity she works for do.

I myself donate 2 hours a week of my time to Friends of the Elderly and I can be found 2 weekends of every month doing a soup run for the homeless of Ireland. So enough of the lectures about my ethics and morals. And please keep my wonderful parents out of this. Typical mod............say what you feel!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Bill_Le_Viking

No, I don't think you get the point. The possibility of someone robbing you of a college place is next to zero. It's a silly sentiment that doesn't really justify ratting someone out.

Also, if someone does go out of their way to cheat, the chances are that they don't know the material as well as you, and thus, their answers will come out clunky and incoherent.

The possibility is VERY high Considering how many people are claimed to be cheating. Knowing that someone is cheating in anything does "justify ratting someone out" and making them face the consequences, thats why its called cheating.

If its alright for people to get away with cheating in the Leaving Cert, then I guess its okay to steal because ultimately, even if only 1 person is denied a place because of cheaters, they're opportunities are being stolen.

insulting? thefly already said they didn't bat an eyelid. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree and all that.

Eh I'm an adult. Had I told them the day of the exam i think they would react differently.

If you stole from a shop as a kid and told your parents when you were older, would you expect a lecture or for them to tell you it's wrong??? Of course not!!!! Your an adult now and have to make your own decisions.

Wow a mod insulting my family. That's not very nice. I am an adult what I did happened years ago. Do you think my parents should start lecturing me.

With out giving away to much info. My mother is a director of a charity in Ireland and works 6 days a week for free. She has appeared in every national paper. She has been featured in articles in America, Australia and Spain. She has been on Q&A and the Late late and only a few moths ago was featured on the front page of a leading national paper celebrating the work she and the charity she works for do.

I myself donate 2 hours a week of my time to Friends of the Elderly and I can be found 2 weekends of every month doing a soup run for the homeless of Ireland. So enough of the lectures about my ethics and morals. And please keep my wonderful parents out of this. Typical mod............say what you feel!!!!!!!!!!!

Parents aside,all you are doing here is trolling!!!!

Aggrivating all the hardworking students!!!

And if you are how old you say you are,then you have absolutely nothing to benefit from all of this!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I don't think I insulted anyone; I think I merely stated the obvious.

For that matter, if thefly is so sure he did right, how would suggesting he got that attitude from his parents insult either him or them?
    Heh, that's hilarious. You said nothing to insult his family :rolleyes:
    You just merely commented on his attitude to life

BURN THE RANDY WITCH!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement