Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating in the Leaving Cert

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

thefly wrote: »
    Wow a mod insulting my family ... etc.
    Again I ask ... if you are so sure what you did was right, how does suggesting that you got that attitude from your family (seeing as they didn't "bat an eyelid") when you told them) insult either you or them?

Apart from that, you have been told the grievance procedure; feel free to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Wow a mod insulting my family. That's not very nice. I am an adult what I did happened years ago. Do you think my parents should start lecturing me.

With out giving away to much info. My mother is a director of a charity in Ireland and works 6 days a week for free. She has appeared in every national paper. She has been featured in articles in America, Australia and Spain. She has been on Q&A and the Late late and only a few moths ago was featured on the front page of a leading national paper celebrating the work she and the charity she works for do.

I myself donate 2 hours a week of my time to Friends of the Elderly and I can be found 2 weekends of every month doing a soup run for the homeless of Ireland. So enough of the lectures about my ethics and morals. And please keep my wonderful parents out of this. Typical mod............say what you feel!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you only posting here just to look for an argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 numune

becca23 wrote: »
    i guess its as the saying goes, the apple doesn't fall far from the helicopter ;)

you're one smart <modsnip> ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

Typical mod............say what you feel!!!!!!!!!!!

No need to start stereotyping anyone!
    Besides, everyone else has had a pretty good go at saying what they feel about things.... yourself included.
    After all - it is a discussion board! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Wow a mod insulting my family. That's not very nice. I am an adult what I did happened years ago. Do you think my parents should start lecturing me.

With out giving away to much info. My mother is a director of a charity in Ireland and works 6 days a week for free. She has appeared in every national paper. She has been featured in articles in America, Australia and Spain. She has been on Q&A and the Late late and only a few moths ago was featured on the front page of a leading national paper celebrating the work she and the charity she works for do.

I myself donate 2 hours a week of my time to Friends of the Elderly and I can be found 2 weekends of every month doing a soup run for the homeless of Ireland. So enough of the lectures about my ethics and morals. And please keep my wonderful parents out of this. Typical mod............say what you feel!!!!!!!!!!!
    If your parents are so wonderful, why do you take someone saying you got your attitude from them as an insult? Surely that would be a compliment?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

I might be the only one who thought this when I read the last couple of comments in this thread, however I would have to question the propriety of a moderator of this forum insulting the family of a poster.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Bill_Le_Viking

It was hardly an insult.

teleboy wrote: »
    Are you here just because you want to aggrivate people?

A few comments ago you agreed with me about being against aggrivating

Are you just here to troll? Because we are actually trying to seriously talk about something that is affecting 59000 of us

It's called taken the p***

Chill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 teleboy

It's called taken the p***

Chill

Its called trolling

Stop

Its called trolling

Stop

+1

There are plenty of forums on boards.ie to take ths piss, this is not one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 numune

more like one slipped sheet under the exam paper ;) ahhaha

you're just as sneaky as a secret phone stuffed down a bra. good luck to you!:D

I don't think I insulted anyone; I think I merely stated the obvious.

For that matter, if thefly is so sure he did right, how would suggesting he got that attitude from his parents insult either him or them?

However ... see below.

Moderators are subject to review just like any poster; we are not "above the law".

Who said I have the same morals as my folks. They try to instill their morals on me but whether I take them on board or not is my decision.

Who said I have the same morals as my folks. They try to instill their morals on me but whether I take them on board or not is my decision.

the fact that neither you or your parents care you cheated shows how similar you are..

Lawliet wrote: »
    If your parents are so wonderful, why do you take someone saying you got your attitude from them as an insult? Surely that would be a compliment?

Not if it's meant in a derogatory way

the fact that neither you or your parents care you cheated shows how similar you are..

I never said they didn't care but telling them about something I did long after it happened what do you expect them to do, ground me?

I never said they didn't care but telling them about something I did long after it happened what do you expect them to do, ground me?

i believe you said "they didn't bat an eye lid"

if that doesnt mean they didnt care,what does it mean?

When I told them 5 years after the event!!!!

Exactly, thats exactly what the expression means.

ANYWAY back to the cheaters...

Stop contradiciting yourself!!!!!

they either cared or didnt bat an eyelid!!!!

complete opposites

They still didn't care, same way as you didn't.

Comparing Cheating on a state exam to a kid stealing sweets from a shop is a terrible example btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Well considering how badly our student are suffering in international grade leagues, thats not a bad thing. In fact because of my cheating exams are now harder meaning students have to study more which makes them more intelligent.

Wow not only did I get a better mark because of cheating, I have also made future students more intelligent!!!!!!

Surely by your logic, exams being harder doesn't make students study more, it would just make them cheat more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Blerdiii

Mod never mentioned your family . lay off . i feel sorry for your parents if they are so genuine, and your argument is as solid as rapists who go to church every sunday.
    You are trolling so seriously give it up. your failed ethics have YOU have no affect on our leaving cert so seriously just go away you have nothing to gain from this unless you get turned on by peoples irritation by your very existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Namune, becca, annoyed LC student:

Stop trying to name names by stealth on this forum or you will be banned.

Have the courage of your convictions and contact the SEC directly if you feel the local people are not dealing with the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Aw man I thought I edited it in time :o

As I said, I presume you (namune, annoyed lc student, becca) have contacted the SEC and found no joy. Have you tried telling the supervisors in the middle of the exam that she has her phone on her lap? probably :o

The only thing I can think of to catch her out is to have someone not sitting the exams (e.g. a 5th year), who has her number to constantly ring her during the exams. It will keep closing the saved messages she's reading and eventually she'll turn it off for fear of the vibration being heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ChristinaA

to be honest i just think its ridiculous, i didnt work my a** off this year for nothing!!!!!and for someone else to take my place on a course!!!im aiming for 600 points to be a doctor and you wouldn't really trust a doctor who cheated in his leaving cert to get the place!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 haiguise

Aw man I thought I edited it in time :o

As I said, I presume you (namune, annoyed lc student, becca) have contacted the SEC and found no joy. Have you tried telling the supervisors in the middle of the exam that she has her phone on her lap? probably :o

The only thing I can think of to catch her out is to have someone not sitting the exams (e.g. a 5th year), who has her number to constantly ring her during the exams. It will keep closing the saved messages she's reading and eventually she'll turn it off for fear of the vibration being heard.

that would not work as this student is a slippery snake.

the SEC superviser at the exam centre is aware as far as I know but does not seem to be able to catch this student out. her positioning in the exam centre prevents cameras from catching her.

This student is possibly being protected by "daddy" as he was fairly well to do during the Ahern years.

the only way to really catch her now would be for another student to burst in mid exam and forcefully take the phone off her or sheets. but thats not going to happen as it would cause huge disruption to the other people sitting their exam

I wont be naming and shaming the student

Suggest that she be moved infront of the superintendant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 MonkeyMan.

Suggest that she be moved infront of the superintendant

Why? they are just going to find another way to cheat anyway

MonkeyMan. wrote: »
    Why? they are just going to find another way to cheat anyway

Oh i guess then lets not do anything about cheaters.

Take it one step at a time. It would be MUCH more difficult for them to cheat there

• Advertisement

i really hope this sly <modsnip> gets caught. we all saw your reaction pieces today LOVE and your phone every other day, you're fooling no one you <modsnip> :D

Are all the people that are talking about this person from meath?

Or live near there?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement