Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating in the Leaving Cert

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 teleboy

no no not meath.... we couldn't be telling you where we're from

Ahhh..I see...subtle...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

ChristinaA wrote: »
    you wouldn't really trust a doctor who cheated in his leaving cert to get the place!!

Ah sure I wouldn't trust a doctor who 6 A1's either.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

Just done with history-and I don't know about any other subject, but I doubt anyone can cheat in history! You go to the bathroom, you don't get your essay finished-there physically isn't time!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Blerdiii

lads i think we should move on from this individual someones going to slip a detail. all everyone from This school can do is keep at it, but not at expense of their exams

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

What's with all these new poster coming here to complain about the this one girl? I'm starting to suspect multiple accounts

• Advertisement

Lawliet wrote: »
    What's with all these new poster coming here to complain about the this one girl? I'm starting to suspect multiple accounts
    me too i know for definate one person is using 2 accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

fair enough... fun is over:( :L
    haiguise wrote: »
    the SEC superviser at the exam centre is aware as far as I know but does not seem to be able to catch this student out. her positioning in the exam centre prevents cameras from catching her.

Again, I'll say it:

Have any of you contacted the SEC directly, even if anonymously if you prefer, and specified the exam centre?

"Someone is cheating in a school somewhere" doesn't help them much.

Though it is possible that the situation *is* being monitored and recorded. If everyone was pulled out of their exams as soon as someone made an accusation, there would be way too much scope for unfounded malicious accusations.

However, contacting the SEC directly is the right way to make sure, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 haiguise

thats too much effort for one person. I believe that the whole school has found out and are fed up of nothing being done

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Bill_Le_Viking

haiguise wrote: »
    thats too much effort for one person. I believe that the whole school has found out and are fed up of nothing being done

Not realllly that much effort?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 MonkeyMan.

I don't think the rules that the being enforced are strong enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Bill_Le_Viking

Pretty sure mods can check the IP which users log on from so if they suspect two accounts to belong to the same person they'll just check that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Blerdiii wrote: »
    me too i know for definate one person is using 2 accounts

I'm pretty sure the mods have a quick way of finding out if there were multis here and they wouldn't be around for long :rolleyes:

anyone else feeling this thread might die soon..

There are several people posting ... or at least, several IPs being used at times very close together.

Enough speculation on this topic, please.

Lawliet, munkymanmatt, irondragons, off-topic posts deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 deltoro

you know not every ones a book worm and has a photographic memory...

some stuff like maths is just hard to digest...and especially with the teacher i had (miss i dont get, how can u not get it i just explained it and she moves on)...lol i had no chance of passing it...

if you gave me an open book test i would still scrape it if not fail it cause text books are so poorly written...

did 6 hours grinds every weekend on maths...

2 hours of study everyday all year

took extra classes from a brilliant maths student teacher (main reason i passed maths)

so after all of that i got a D3 in ord maths...so tell me now is that being lazy to open a book.....

Exactly half these idiots don't seem to understand that some people still
    work hard and aren't rewarded within the system because they just don't have one specific set of skills the leaving cert tests

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

fufureida wrote: »
    Whatever it takes to get into the uni of my dreams I'm gonna try try try till I get there. And without cheating.

I know I'm gonna get an honour in everything else other than maths and I'm praying to god I pass. God knows best.

You already have your honour where it matters most.

what a lovely thing to say :) . yay niceness on this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 teleboy

what a lovely thing to say :) . yay niceness on this thread!

+1

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Sigi

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭orlabobs

I just think that people who cheat and then don't care that they're cheating they're way into college is bad. I wouldn't mind if someone say went to the bathroom and asked the attendent a small q to jog the memory, but when people basically spend more time finding ways to cheat than studying. I've but alot of long hours into studying and some people are just cheating. It's just not fair.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

ahem hem...........you are allowed in a toilet cubicle on your own as long as you want.......you can put 5 books in an air tight seal bag and put that in the toilets water tank..........then during exam go in and take a book out........

could also write loads of stuff on toilet tissue bring it in in the morning and stuff it behind the t pot..........go read during exam and then flush away the evidence

or my personal favourite......even though its slightly tricky unless you get a pretty good one and a sunny day..........get one of those invisible ink pens and write stuff all over pencil case.......arms..........clothes.........ruler.......watever.........you then have notes that only you can see..........there are also irradiated plastic rulers wich show up the writing when you look through them but they cost 900 quid.......and you cant chew on them......{not that i chew on rulers but some people do when stressed........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

denballs wrote: »
    ahem hem...........you are allowed in a toilet cubicle on your own as long as you want.......you can put 5 books in an air tight seal bag and put that in the toilets water tank..........then during exam go in and take a book out........

could also write loads of stuff on toilet tissue bring it in in the morning and stuff it behind the t pot..........go read during exam and then flush away the evidence

or my personal favourite......even though its slightly tricky unless you get a pretty good one and a sunny day..........get one of those invisible ink pens and write stuff all over pencil case.......arms..........clothes.........ruler.......watever.........you then have notes that only you can see..........there are also irradiated plastic rulers wich show up the writing when you look through them but they cost 900 quid.......and you cant chew on them......{not that i chew on rulers but some people do when stressed........

What about my favorite method of not cheating at all.

all this effort to cheating..you could have spent that time learning this sh1t ....

unknown13 wrote: »
    What about my favorite method of not cheating at all.

oh i dont cheat i just do it theoretically......i dont really need to cheat.......maybe for a masters degree.......well see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

denballs wrote: »
    Unless your attendant is deaf they're going to hear you taking off the top and the noise from taking the books out the systems.

And if the superintendents / attendants / school are doing their jobs, such hiding places should be checked at the start of the exam.

Ideally, in fact, toilets in use during an exam should be kept locked before and after the exams, though unfortunately that's not always possible depending on the layout of schools and the availability of alternatives.

Unless your attendant is deaf they're going to hear you taking off the top and the noise from taking the books out the systems.

not if your .....ninja.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 MonkeyMan.

all this effort to cheating..you could have spent that time learning this sh1t ....

I totally agree

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

When I was an invigilator for the JC I checked the bathrooms with one of the attendents just out of curiosity to see if anyone had stashed any notes, found nothing though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

Piste wrote: »
    When I was an invigilator for the JC I checked the bathrooms with one of the attendents just out of curiosity to see if anyone had stashed any notes, found nothing though!

Same, but they all decided to keep their phones in their pockets....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement