Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating in the Leaving Cert

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 tommytomtom

*Hello is this the SEC?*

*Yes how may we help?*

*I'd like you to track down Ip number: 85.65.48.133 He's posted on boards.ie that he cheated in exams.*

*Thank you for informing us, we'll be on it right away.

Your fúcked mate:pac:

Doubt it....How could they possibly prove it??:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Well tracking an Ip is quite simple:)

But tbh, don't care that you have cheated and if you do cheat.

Unfortunetly for you when you get your results you'll hear the words ''I'm so proud of you''

In your mind your thinking ''Yeah! I'm so fúcking awesome, but if it waasn't for my cheat sheets I would of failed!''

CAN YOU LIVE WITH THE PAIN:)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianw1

This cheating topic was talked about on the galway news...anybody hear that??

Edit: and rte radio 1

damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irondragons

People still watch RTE news? When there are less filler, less terrible and more accurate alternatives out there? BBC, Sky to name a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

People still watch RTE news? When there is less filler, less terrible and more accurate alternatives out there? BBC, Sky to name a few.

You were doing so well, up until you mentioned Sky....

• Advertisement

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    You were doing so well, up until you mentioned Sky....

It's still miles better than RTE, we can agree on this at least.

Well tracking an Ip is quite simple:)

But tbh, don't care that you have cheated and if you do cheat.

Unfortunetly for you when you get your results you'll hear the words ''I'm so proud of you''

In your mind your thinking ''Yeah! I'm so fúcking awesome, but if it waasn't for my cheat sheets I would of failed!''

CAN YOU LIVE WITH THE PAIN:)

The pain of finishing secondary school forever with good results and 3/4 years of craic in college? Yeah I can live with that.

And sure they could track the ip but they still coudn't prove whether I cheated or not because it's already happened and I wasn't caught!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

I've never cheated in an exam and I don't plan on doing it now. I put in a lot of hard work this year, and all of it would mean nothing if I cheated....

It's still miles better than RTE, we can agree on this at least.

They're both muck, I can't decipher between woeful and terrible.
    The only real difference is the accents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Sigi

As in,I got a good result and didn't waste months of my life studying irrelevant information with no actual use to me?

• Advertisement

The pain of finishing secondary school forever with good results and 3/4 years of craic in college? Yeah I can live with that.

And sure they could track the ip but they still coudn't prove whether I cheated or not because it's already happened and I wasn't caught!

I'm wondering if an online confession is legally binding... :p

Sigi wrote: »
    As in,I got a good result and didn't waste months of my life studying irrelevant information with no actual use to me?

Ah so I suppose we should all take shortcuts in life so. If thats the case. Well I'd hope some of the stuff is relevant considering most doctors would of studied Biology in school!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

The LC is a terrible way of determining college places with most of what you do throughout 5th and 6th year irrelevant as long as you learn off loads and loads of material in the month leading up to the exam.

Actually it's an extremely fair way - compared to what went before, where the people your parents knew and the amount of money they had dictated whether or not you went to college, let alone what course you did. And you haven't met college exams yet. The LC isn't a patch on them - and there's no sympathy or widespread media hysteria over them.

I don't think cheating is as widespread as you all seem to be so convinced it is. Either way, the idiots who cheated - AND confessed to it on an internet site - good luck to you all. You're obviously not mature enough to see the much bigger picture here. The LC is a stepping stone to giving you as much opportunity as possible to decide what to do with the rest of your lives. It's not an exam set to trip you up and trick you by all the teachers who have ever given out to you.

To those who do understand where the LC sits in the bigger picture, and who are grown up enough to see that you get out of it what you put into it, best of luck, I hope you all get what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I honestly don't see anything wrong with cheating in the Lc.

There is lots of things wrong with cheating in a state exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

Ha this guy is very naive... Yes the LC is a means to an end but its also meant to be productive and make you a bit smarter to get through life... You may cheat and get a decent result in August and you may get into college... Hey you might even last through college by cheating as its easier to cheat in college than the LC but the fun will really start when you graduate with your pieace of sh1t degree, get a job and realise that you have the mental capabilities of a 12 year old because you havent studied a day in your life. You will be fired within a week as any decent employer sees through bullsh1t quicker than you can realise how to log into your shiney new laptop. You'll then end up working in McDonalds asking the people who actually studied what sauce they want... So lets save all the hassle, stop cheating yourself and other people who actually worked, apply to McD's now and the let the hard working people get on in life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

There is lots of things wrong with cheating in a state exam.

Explain?

Explain?

Read through the thread. You'll find a bunch of opinions and people saying why there againts it.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with cheating in the Lc.

6pQfM.png

Read through the thread. You'll find a bunch of opinions and people saying why there againts it.

I dont' agree with them.
    6pQfM.png

Lol.I'm actually being serious though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

You're either winding people up or you're the bigges r3t4rd I've ever come across on boards...

You're either winding people up or you're the bigges r3t4rd I've ever come across on boards...

Please elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

Sigi, some of use have put in hard work, to get our college place, some of us have given up time during our year to get where we are now. If you cheat, you just prove how much of a gob****e you are, too stupid/lazy to put in the time.

If you are cheating, hope you get caught, if you have done your leaving, hope you are removed from the gene pool with that thinking. Moron.

Michael 09 wrote: »
    Ha this guy is very naive... Yes the LC is a means to an end but its also meant to be productive and make you a bit smarter to get through life... You may cheat and get a decent result in August and you may get into college... Hey you might even last through college by cheating as its easier to cheat in college than the LC but the fun will really start when you graduate with your pieace of sh1t degree, get a job and realise that you have the mental capabilities of a 12 year old because you havent studied a day in your life. You will be fired within a week as any decent employer sees through bullsh1t quicker than you can realise how to log into your shiney new laptop. You'll then end up working in McDonalds asking the people who actually studied what sauce they want... So lets save all the hassle, stop cheating yourself and other people who actually worked, apply to McD's now and the let the hard working people get on in life.

Ah get a grip will you, you're being sensationalist.....The world isn't all about how much you learned off when you were 17/18 for a three week block of exams. And if you were actually informed you would know that college takes into account continuous assessment where assignments and projects are as important as exams so you can work steadily through the year instead of having year's worth of material to remember and regurgitate in the space of two hours.

Hard work only gets you so far, a bit of savvy and creativity in a chosen field will set you on a career path that will be enjoyable as well as successful......Do you want fries with that?

I dont' agree with them.

You asked for peoples opinions. You didn't say ''persuade me that cheating is not okay

tool...

You asked for peoples opinions. You didn't say ''persuade me that cheating is not ok''.

OK then,Persuade me that cheating is not ok...

Hard work only gets you so far, a bit of savvy and creativity in a chosen field will set you on a career path

Job Interview:

*Why should we hire you?*

*Well... I was savvy and was creatitive. I wasn't stupid enough to actually study for my state exams. I decided to use my creativity to cheat.*

In other words :I wasn't fúcking bothered to try really hard to study. Instead I made cheat sheets and decided that I would declare that as being creative...

You must be taking the piss.

OK then,Persuade me that cheating is not ok...

Your mind is already set that cheating is fine. I'm not gonna waste my time trying to persuade somebody that it's not ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

Michael 09 wrote: »
    So lets save all the hassle, stop cheating yourself and other people who actually worked, apply to McD's now and the let the hard working people get on in life.

People in McDonald's work hard. Less of the elitism/snobbery.

I don't think cheating in the L.C. is OK. It would p!ss me off if I learned somebody got a place I wanted by cheating. But I guess you'll never know.

• Advertisement

Job Interview:

*Why should we hire you?*

*Well... I was savvy and was creative. I wasn't stupid enough to actually study for my state exams. I decided to use my creativity to cheat.*

In other words :I wasn't fúcking bothered to try really hard to study. Instead my made cheat sheets and decided that I would declare that as being creative...

You must be taking the piss.

Yeah thats exactly what I'm going to say...

And yeah I'm not bothered studying as I don't need to,but I'm not cheating either.If however I did feel the need to cheat I would end up with a good leaving cert like everyone else who studies,get into college and end up with the same degree...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement