Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW Golf Car Audio Problem

• 12-06-2010 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi all,

I just bought an 03 VW Golf 1.4 Comfort line and I am trying to install a radio.

There was no radio in it when I bought it so maybe there was a problem with it I don't know.

Anyway I have the aerial cable in and then the plug with the spool of wires on it and I'm getting no power at all. I must add I tried another radio in it and got the same.

Am I doing something wrong? I would much appreciate any help you can give me as I haven't got a clue.

ps If this is the wrong place to post this just tell me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Do you have a wiring diagram for the original radio in the golf and the new one? They may be different. It's not a big deal to switch around, i remember putting a radio in my polo and having to swap the continuous live with the ignition wires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Gar965

Do you have a wiring diagram for the original radio in the golf and the new one? They may be different. It's not a big deal to switch around, i remember putting a radio in my polo and having to swap the continuous live with the ignition wires.

Thanks for your help Alanstainor. I just sorted the problem. One of the wires on the spool was abit loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Gar965 wrote: »
    Thanks for your help Alanstainor. I just sorted the problem. One of the wires on the spool was abit loose.

Great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭mlmcelligott

FYI - you might need to buy an amplifier for the new radio as the inbuilt golf one probably had one incorporated into it.

if you need one you'll notice the radio stations wont tune very clearly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 laulabell

Just on the matter of VW Golf radios, mine is basically cutting out after about 5 minutes and not working properly.. Brought it to my local dealer who charged me 100euro to look at it, then said I need a new one and this will cost 435 euro, which I think is a bit excessive. Any alternatives?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

Any breakers yard should have one I reckon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

laulabell wrote: »
    Just on the matter of VW Golf radios, mine is basically cutting out after about 5 minutes and not working properly.. Brought it to my local dealer who charged me 100euro to look at it, then said I need a new one and this will cost 435 euro, which I think is a bit excessive. Any alternatives?

just buy an aftermarket one. decent ones can be got for about 150

Advertisement