Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation Level Maths

• 12-06-2010 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

anyone any good at maths on here that can give a basic soloutions for a maths paper 2 foundation level or a site bar examantions to help me as i cant understand whats going on there either

i have very bad disleksie so it dont help me cause

dont need anyone coming on calling me a retard or whatever just stay off if thats what your going to say

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Have you got the edco papers?
    If you do there should be a box under the questions with a code and then go to e-xamit and key it in and it will give you the answer and how to get it.

Did you try the marking scheme? Sometimes they can be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

yep but no code :(

there is no sites out there to help me just like the forget about it

yea i am on it but just makes no sense :(

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Ah that sucks theres usually a code :(

Sorry I don't know of any other sites. Maybe there might be a video on youtube that would help. I watched one the other day on ordinary maths actually done by some leaving cert teachers was pretty good. The could have them for other levels too.

Hope you find somewhere in the end nothing worse than being stuck in maths

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

What's the Question?

If you type it here, i'll try help you out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

What about examinations.ie? Doesn't tell you but you can get the idea of what to do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I looked at the marking scheme for Paper I and figured out how to do most of the questions. I didn't know you had to round up if it said to the nearest decimal place, i.e nearest 2 from 1.234 would be 1.24. I don't know if that's just a Foundation thing though.

Paper II however is a different story all together, Looking at the 2009 paper, other than probability, histograms and cumulative frequency curves, I couldn't do anything else. And I need a B2 in Foundation. Funny, I probably won't use half the **** on Paper II in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I do foundation and think I may fail. Neglected maths all year...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Look up the marking schemes on: www.examinations.ie. they have the solutions and you can see what you need to do to score on your least favourite questions.

On the Topic of Foundation Maths. What did everybody think of Paper 1

Advertisement