Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Comercial Vehicle

Options
  • 12-06-2010 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am due to change my work car and have decided to go with a commercial due to BIK. I was going to get a Ford Kuga commercial but can't as it deos not come with a factory fitted bulkhead.
    Any ideas on whats out there with a factory fitted bulkhead in the comercial variety. I would like something not ugly but may end up with a VW Caddy.
    Ideas and suggestions great appreciated.

Gar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Theanswers

If I remenber right the kuga is a small jeep from ford. If i'm correct the reason why it dosent come with a bulk head is because ford dont intend for it to be used as a van and rather they intended it to be a car. Only when it arrives to Ireland is it changed from a car to a van.

Could you not fit a bulkhead yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Would a crewcab 4x4 work? Even with a canopy back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Forgot to say, Bulkhead has to be factory fitted and no 4X4's. Company policy...
    :(

Sorry for this but
    *bump*

Gar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Lurching wrote: »
    Would a crewcab 4x4 work? Even with a canopy back.

If it has more than three seats it is treated as a car, for BIK purposes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

does it have to have to have a bulk head. How about a commercial car. Like focus or 307 etc etc both of which should be nicer to drive then a caddy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

If it has to be a factory fitted bulkhead then you are stuck with a proper van rather than a car / "jeep" conversion.

The passenger vehicles converted to commercial are fairly unique to Ireland. There are aftermarket bulkheads for all the models, but from factory it will have to be a van van.

Caddy is probably the best to drive and feels a lot like a Golf. I quite like the Transit Connect too.

Is the BIK saving really that important that you are willing to take a Van? Remember that A/C is a rarity in vans so you are looking at around 12 weeks at the earliest for one with A/C - if your company will spring for it. Otherwise you are looking at a hot summer in traffic as it's hard enough to get air flow through a van with a bulkhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

some crewcab pickups come in 2wd (negating the anti-4x4 policy)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

I'ver been watching this thread as I'm in a similiar situation there has to be more options for a LGV? With the crewcabs I think they're just as liable for BIK as a car though and the OP is looking to avoid it as am I!

Well the thing is I rarely carry people in the back and BIK is a pain in the B@lls.
    I have to have a bulk head otherwise the kuga would have been no problem.
    I had seen some come 2WD so must llok at those...
    else ill be come a Caddy Daddy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement