Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Organising a 30th birthday

Options
  • 12-06-2010 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi,
    I need some help. I have to organise a 30th birthday for a friend. Its not until the end of november but it will be on a saturday night and I want to reserve something before all the christmas party bookings.
    I need to reserve an area for about 40-50 people in pub/club in d1, d2 or d6.
    Don't want somewhere that is wedged where you can't move but i know it might be hard to find this so close to christmas.
    If anyone knows of anywhere that they know of or have used for a booking can you please let me know. I've thought of all the usual like d2, diceys, roddy bolands, baggot inn but think these are going to be thronged.

Also if anyone knows of somewhere that would through in free finger food with large bookings please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

It's well worth phoning around, especially if you're getting food there. I was at a friend's birthday bash around the same time last year in Whelans, and it wasn't booked until a lot closer to the time. You mightn't think they'd talk to you about reserving an area, but they were more than happy, and provided free food too! I know that some of the usual places that were not very helpful, or charged a fortune for the food.

So Whelans was grand, we had a spot towards the back of the bar although as the night went on, there was a bit of infiltration as it got busier. So I don't know if that suits you, but might be worth a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dickdick25

Cheers for that. I didn't think of Whelans at all. Would prob suit us. I'll check it out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

http://www.sycamoreclub.com/

It's nice and I think you can smoke there too - private elevator to bring you up - we had our christmas party there

Advertisement