Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics HL predictions

• 12-06-2010 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

So. Does anybody have any? I'm rather worried for this exam due to my inability to remember graphs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭corolla 1991

slasher_65 wrote: »
    So. Does anybody have any? I'm rather worried for this exam due to my inability to remember graphs.
    Im just going to concentrate on:
    1.Demand/supply
    2.Elasticity
    3.Oligopoly
    4.The factors of production
    5.International Trade/Recession

The short questions are quite repetitive aswel, just go over the last few years!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Thanks for the tips! I need a fairly good result in this exam, annoyingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 OConallain

make sure you know oligopoly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

OP and anyone else out there I have a set of notes which basically are predictions. They set out key topics you should know for the exam and the main partd of each topic. Covers you for at least 5-6 long Qs.

PM me your email if you want a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

OConallain wrote: »
    make sure you know oligopoly!

But also study the other 3. You never know what will come up, just take English for example, we all saw what happened there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

But also study the other 3. You never know what will come up, just take English for example, we all saw what happened there...
    If oligopoly doesn't come up I'm banjaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

OP and anyone else out there I have a set of notes which basically are predictions. They set out key topics you should know for the exam and the main partd of each topic. Covers you for at least 5-6 long Qs.

PM me your email if you want a copy.

PM sent to you, hope that's ok?

tracert wrote: »
    PM sent to you, hope that's ok?
    No problem at all, if anyone wants notes just PM me your email.

how dya PM?! im new to this and i could do with a few notes!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

free webclass on http://www.examvillage.com/home tommorow at 7. You have to pre register first as places are limited. I think the one tomorrow covers national income and oligopoly.
    Last weeks one was pretty good!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Here's a tip, use the "search" button :p

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055921206
    Reillyman wrote: »
    My Predictions
    • Oligopoly
    • Elasticity
    • Demand/Supply
    • Factor(s) of Production
    • Economic Development -with a (c) part on history of economic thought, probably Keynes.
    • National Income
    • International Trade
    • Euro&Exchange rates or Government budget/Taxation or Employment
    Everyone is on about Nama being on it, don't know what or where they could ask it on, perhaps the last Q?

I reckon they'll ask something on Keynes because his work is all about coming out of recession.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Thanks a trill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Pm sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

-Supply/Demand/Elasticity
    -Oligopoly - But know the other market structures for short questions (and also they might try to mix things up like in English)

And make your other predictions according to the real world. The economics exams are very up to date in there questions. So expect questions such as:

Rise in unemployment.
    Banking crisis - loans, interest rates (ECB) etc.
    Land/Labour/Enterprise/Capital.
    Exchange rates.
    The government (National Debt etc)

And any other things regarding the recession and how it's affecting Ireland.

sound, thanks a bunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 wexford_lad

lc2010 wrote: »
    free webclass on http://www.examvillage.com/home tommorow at 7. You have to pre register first as places are limited. I think the one tomorrow covers national income and oligopoly.
    Last weeks one was pretty good!!

hey lc2010.. just wondering can you listen in on these classes with interactong with the tutor???

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kylzer911

Hah, oligopoly is such a 'Boland' but i'm not gonna think about that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

hey lc2010.. just wondering can you listen in on these classes with interactong with the tutor???

Hey eh well you can just sit there and listen to her and you can ask questions if you want but she doesn't really take that many as it's only an hour long and there's like 50 in the class.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Kylzer911 wrote: »
    Hah, oligopoly is such a 'Boland' but i'm not gonna think about that :P

"To Boland": Verb. To move the bellcurve of any large state examination to the left by not including a high-mark question people presume will be included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Johno91

Quick question on how its marked:

For the exam questions, the answers to which are not in the book (i.e. most of macro), can you just make up your own points and as long as they make some sense, you get the marks or does it have to match the points made in the marking scheme?

• Advertisement

Johno91 wrote: »
    Quick question on how its marked:

For the exam questions, the answers to which are not in the book (i.e. most of macro), can you just make up your own points and as long as they make some sense, you get the marks or does it have to match the points made in the marking scheme?

So long as the point you make is relevant. Must be relevant. Can't just be some made up point. And if you don't develop the point well enough, you might not get the marks...

Advertisement