Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Botanic Gardens

Options
  • 12-06-2010 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭

I'm just back from a visit and it was really a great way to spend a few hours. I have not been there for years and was amazed at the amount of work that has gone into the place. The self service restaurant has a really extensive menu of really well produced food. All in all a great day out. Well worth a visit even if you are not into gardening.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Plus they do breakfast from 9am on a Sunday if you're ever stuck for a place to go.
    Braw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Any parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Sounds great, might head there with the family tomorrow.

Breakfast at 9am on a Sunday!!! Cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

Any parking?

Yes there's a carpark - you drive down the lane beside the main gate - last time I was there (about 2 years) I think I put a €2 coin in to open the barrier to get in but that could have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Every year The Botanic Gardens host "Sculpture in Context" which is always enjoyable and the 2010 sculpture in Context opens on September the 2nd..................another good excuse to visit!!!! :)

http://www.sculptureincontext.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement