Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

addicted to boards :/

• 12-06-2010 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

okaaay, i think i have become addicted to this site! i've started counting "boards surfing" as a form of study!:eek: is anyone else in the same boat, or am i by my lonesome..!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

I'm in the same boat. I'm starting to count reading threads in the L.C forum as study :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'm sure if you'll ask a mod, they'll gladly ban you for the remainder of the exams.;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Your not really addicted to boards, but really study procrastination. I've very guilty of it myself. I browse the internet for ages, watch the crappest TV programs or even just lie down for ages, just to avoid studying.

I even read The Hobbit two weeks ago :o

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Yep.
    I like being online though because it allows you to see that you're not the only psycho around.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

I've been on here too. Reading how other people are struggling makes me feel better cos I'm having a lot of trouble with these exams. It's nice to know I'm not the only one living in hell right now :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

You think you have it bad? I've made 80+ posts in this forum in less than thirty hours! I only joined at noon yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

You think you have it bad? I've made 80+ posts in this forum in less than thirty hours! I only joined at noon yesterday.

Wow you really are addicted. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

What you could do is always ask a family member to change your password to something you won't guess, and not give it to you until after the LC ends. But I know that none of us, including me, will do that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

What you could do is always ask a family member to change your password to something you won't guess, and not give it to you until after the LC ends. But I know that none of us, including me, will do that :P

not a fear of it!:L ...cos deep down, i love my addiction..:cool:..even if its distracting me from my studies...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irondragons

Velvet Underground fan? Hell yeah.

• Advertisement

Velvet Underground fan? Hell yeah.
    Of course.

Dont think there are too many around. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Procrastination

my best friend! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Did that for fb and Twitter myself!!

Just to be clear, I'm not on a PC all day, I'm posting from an iPod touch. I'm not quite that addicted that I've been sitting at a PC all day!!

Just to be clear, I'm not on a PC all day, I'm posting from an iPod touch. I'm not quite that addicted that I've been sitting at a PC all day!!

I use my iPod touch as well. I do it at my study desk, so I fool myself into thinking it's not that bad, but it sort of is. At least I won't spend ages on boards/facebook if I am on my iPod Touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I use my iPod touch as well. I do it at my study desk, so I fool myself into thinking it's not that bad, but it sort of is. At least I won't spend ages on boards/facebook if I am on my iPod Touch.

Ah, you're also from Dundalk. I'm glad someone else understands that the Internet is really all there is to do here. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FyeaG

Addicted to facebook more likely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I said I wouldn't use it for the few weeks around my Leaving Cert but that hasn't seemed to work >.< Although on the bright side I've been doing my work and going on this during breaks so it's not all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

I wouldn't call it an addiction, but I do enjoy coming on here after my exams.
    I tell myself I'm doing a bit of good, and just trying to get some hints and tips, but that's a lie.

Advertisement