Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get to Marquee in Cork?

Options
  • 12-06-2010 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hey going to a concert in July in Marquee in Cork. Just wondering how do I get there from say the city centre?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

walking route would be past the clarion. cross over pass the sextant then the idle hour. continue on as far as the marina petrol station. then walk down central park road and you ll end up at the marquee. a good walk. from the clarion id say 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

I need to know the exact same thing. Can someone mark it on google maps please? I don't know Cork so I can't safely follow those directions :p Concert on Monday, woot.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Couple that with the directions given above and I have my way there!

Cheers guys ;)

there will be a good crowd walking... just follow them and you ll be fine :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Hi guys. Can anyone tell me about the parking situation for the Marquee? I am heading down tomorrow and I can find no information online.

there is quite a big car park right in the grounds. once you are in a a reasonable time you ll have no problem. i tihnk it was about 5/ 7 euro or so last yr. it does take a bit of time to get out of it though... everyone trying to get out of the same exit !! other than that if you are lucky you ll get parking on the road. same story, a little early and its not a problem. if you drive an s.u.v. or a jeep it s even easier as you can back up over the curb and park on a grassy verge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Thanks for the information :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

there is quite a big car park right in the grounds. once you are in a a reasonable time you ll have no problem. i tihnk it was about 5/ 7 euro or so last yr. it does take a bit of time to get out of it though... everyone trying to get out of the same exit !! other than that if you are lucky you ll get parking on the road. same story, a little early and its not a problem. if you drive an s.u.v. or a jeep it s even easier as you can back up over the curb and park on a grassy verge.

Cheers, now I know where to send the clampers

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Enjoy the Marquee, however you end up getting there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭mary55

Hey thanks for all directions. I know now where Central Park Road is how far down this road is the Marque?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

About 1km

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 MitziAils

How early would you have to be to get parking in the car park
    Going to Westlife and the person with me has hurt her knee and is finding it hard to walk very far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Zombie thread ressurected....I'm staying in Cork for.the Eddie Vedder gig next weekend, it's at the Marquee...and I'm hopeless at directions...are the above directions people have given easy to follow? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Zombie thread ressurected....I'm staying in Cork for.the Eddie Vedder gig next weekend, it's at the Marquee...and I'm hopeless at directions...are the above directions people have given easy to follow? Thanks in advance

They are...or just ask anyone for directions,we're very friendly like..ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Where are you staying ?

It's about 20 mins walk from the city centre and quite straightforward.

Where are you staying ?

It's about 20 mins walk from the city centre and quite straightforward.

I'm staying at the ambassador hotel, so it should be fairly easy alright...I hope :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

What about getting back into the city after a gig?are taxis an option?will there be any outside the gig after it?

What about getting back into the city after a gig?are taxis an option?will there be any outside the gig after it?

Stop scaring me!!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

Stop scaring me!!

Lol i was asking for myself but i see what you mean.

Colser wrote: »
    They are...or just ask anyone for directions,we're very friendly like..ðŸ˜

Any chance of a lift? :)

Any chance of a lift? :)

You'll be grandðŸ˜

You could easily stroll down there and stop for a drink if you like on the way.I usually go down early and have a few before the gig and maybe a bite to eat.I've been lucky that the weather has always been lovely when I've gone,I like the atmosphere before it gets started.

There will be taxis afterwards but it's a nice stroll back up weather permitting as usually there are plenty others strolling back also.

No need to stress,it's very straightforward from where you're staying.Enjoy.

You'll be grandðŸ˜

You could easily stroll down there and stop for a drink if you like on the way.I usually go down early and have a few before the gig and maybe a bite to eat.I've been lucky that the weather has always been lovely when I've gone,I like the atmosphere before it gets started.

There will be taxis afterwards but it's a nice stroll back up weather permitting as usually there are plenty others strolling back also.

No need to stress,it's very straightforward from where you're staying.Enjoy.

That's a no to the lift so?.
    . and cork people supposed to be hospitable :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

I'm staying at the ambassador hotel, so it should be fairly easy alright...I hope :)

Simple. Straight down the hill(s) cross the two branches of the river and turn left immediately at the Sextant bar and you're already halfway there. The walk back up to that hotel will test you though :D

There's always taxis outside there. Just as easy to walk though, especially if it's a fine evening. If it's raining there won't be enough taxis anyway and most of the walk in is fairly sheltered so just make up your mind to walk in. If you get a taxi then it's a bonus !!!

You'll walk into town in 20 mins. A taxi will take at least 10 due to traffic so there's not a huge difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

hold onto your ticket stubs,they have a offer sometimes in crane lane,old oak and i think sextant pubs that you get free pint after gig if you show them the stub ;);););)

Simple. Straight down the hill(s) cross the two branches of the river and turn left immediately at the Sextant bar and you're already halfway there. The walk back up to that hotel will test you though :D

Ah thanks, I'm sorted for a lift off Colser though

Ah thanks, I'm sorted for a lift off Colser though

I'm washing my hair that night..sorryðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

best way to get to Marquee is to

1. Find Goldbergs Pub 1-2 hours before the gig and have a few drinks
    2. Follow everyone from Goldbergs to the gig!

• Advertisement

I'm washing my hair that night..sorryðŸ˜ðŸ˜

I'd have gotten you a box of chocs and all !

Advertisement