Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Maths. P2 1999 Q2cii)

• 12-06-2010 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

1999 paper 2 q2 cii. Does anyone know how to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

higher or ordinary level..?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭blacklionboy

higher level. just trying to get my head around it for monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

shoot, i thought i had that one done out but i dont..:(
    ..eeemmm..damn, it looks really hard! sorry, i havnt a clue..im screwwwed monday! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Just looking at it, I'd say you just find the unit vector of ad, and what's in the brackets (they are equal), then find the two angles and show they are equal if the first bit is equal. All this in terms of a, b, c and d of course. Hope that helps.

could you do it out? ive been playing around with it for quite the while :(
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Psychedelia

could you do it out? ive been playing around with it for quite the while :(
    cheers
    Give me 15 minutes. I've got to get on a PC for that, itd take too long to post it from my itouch.

thanks! much appreciated!!

Seems so simple now. Hope something like it shows up now!!

Ah. I was on entirely the wrong track. Nasty one, hopefully it won't make an appearance on Monday, if possible I prefer more numbers and less variables. :D

Still, glad you posted it, I'm prepared now for something similar, so if it does come up I'll be happy you posted it.

• Advertisement

at least we'll have an idea what to do if it shows! Do u guys reckon we're in for a tough paper 2?

I hope not, but given how easy paper 1 was (or at least I thought so), I'd say so. If it isn't hard they're going to have to mark them really tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

Ooft, that's disgusting looking, I was on the wrong track. Gave each point a specif vector and tried it from there.

This was mentioned by Adrian Roantree in Exam Brief, I can see why. Parts leading up to it are normal though.

Advertisement