Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish - OL - Few sentences and phrases for the letter and story.

• 12-06-2010 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Thought I would make a thread for the up and coming Irish paper 1 ordinary level, everyone could post a sentence or two and we could all help each other out. I'll start it out with a few basic ones;
    • Chuala mé an ghaoth ag seideadh agus an bháisteach ag titim. :I head the wind blowing and the rain falling.
    • Ní raibh tásc ná tuairisc ar mo thuismitheoirí. : There wasn't a trace of my parents.
    Feel free to add yours everyone! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Chuir me fhios ar an t-otharlann/fear doitean:
    I rang an ambulance/firemen

Rith me ar nos na gaoithe:
    I ran as fast as the wind

Bhi an t-atmaisfear leictreic:
    the atmosphere was electric

Fairly easy and basic sentences can use them in all the usual timpste stories. Sorry for no fada's and I'm not 100% sure about spelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Táim i dtrioblóid mar ní dhearna mé aon staidear ar bith le Páipéir a hAon. Ná bí ro-gharbh, le do thoil!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

Táim i dtrioblóid mar ní dhearna mé aon staidear ar bith le Páipéir a hAon. Ná bí ro-gharbh, le do thoil!!!

Ah you'll be grand. If you only need to pass it then half a page of essay will do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Burswood wrote: »
    Ah you'll be grand. If you only need to pass it then half a page of essay will do :)
    I'm doing higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SquirrelFace

Tabhair dom an cáca milis.....

Even that is probably wrong. In my mock I wrote;
    Bhí sí an-blanco..... which is spanish........ haha still passed:) GO PASS!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

"ta bron orm nar scriobh me nios luaithe ach bhi me an-ghnothach"

"abair le sile go raibh me ag cur a tuarisce"- and if its a boy, it turns into "thuarisce"

and the one that my teacher will kill me for if i forget it "ni dheanfaidh me dearmed go deo ar an la sin!" - ill never forget that day

Advertisement