Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncapped services?

• 12-06-2010 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Is Irish Broadbands Breeze 4mb the only uncapped service offered in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's not uncapped. They just don't tell you the Cap.

If it was uncapped then you could download 1296GByte a month.

You pay 1000s of Euro for genuine "unlimited".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

Eircoms Buisness 8 meg broadband is uncapped

From Buisiness T&C http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/BBStandardTandCsv2.pdf
    5. The Customer agrees to comply with the following conditions:

5.1 Customers may not use the Facility to seek to gain unauthorised access to
    eircom facilities, services or resources or to the facilities, services or
    resources of any connected Internet service providers.

5.2 Customers may not use the Facility to engage in activities, which cause
    or,in the reasonably held opinion of eircom, are liable to cause disruption or
    denial of service to any Internet customer or Internet user.

5.3 Customers may not use the Facility to create, host or transmit offensive or
    obscene material, or engage in activities, which are likely to cause offence to
    others on any grounds including, but not limited to race, creed or sex.

5.4 Customers may not use the Facility to create, host or transmit material,
    which is defamatory.

5.5 Customers may not use the Facility to create, host or transmit material,
    which infringes the intellectual property rights including, but not limited to, the
    copyright of another person or organisation.

5.6 Customers may not use the Facility to engage in activities, which infringe
    proprietary rights in any software.

5.7 Customers may not use the Facility to engage in activities, which
    compromise the privacy of others.

5.8 Customers may not use the Facility to engage in activities, which
    adversely affect the integrity of computer based information.

5.9 Customers may not use the Facility to transmit unsolicited commercial or
    advertising email material either to other customers or to other organisations
    connected to other networks, if the transmission of such material causes or is
    likely to cause nuisance and/or annoyance or is transmitted without the
    consent of the recipient.

5.10 Without prejudice to the foregoing, the Facility may only be used by
    Customers in accordance with eircom netʼs Acceptable Usage Policy available
    at www.eircom.net.

Also

7.7 eircom does not warrant that the Facility will meet the Customerʼs
    requirements or that the operation of the Facility will be uninterrupted or error-
    free. For the avoidance of doubt, eircom does not provide defined service
    levels for this service.

7.9 The Facility is provided in accordance with the relevant product
    description in the Regulations. The Customer acknowledges that the relevant
    product description may contain limitations and constraints on the use of the
    Facility. eircom reserves the right to alter the product specification in order to
    provide a broadband service The customer agrees and undertakes to adhere
    to these constraints and restrictions.

7.10 The Facility is provided solely for the Customerʼs own use and the
    Customer shall not resell the Facility (or any part of the Facility) to any third
    party.

There is a Cap, they just are not saying what it is.
    They only have one Acceptible Usage Policy I can find.
    http://www.eircom.net/policy/
    eircom net Broadband Business Lite: the ADSL service which provides the Customer with unlimited hours per monthly billing, with a traffic allowance of 10Gb.

eircom net Broadband Business Lite Plus: the ADSL service which provides the Customer with unlimited hours per monthly billing, with a traffic allowance of 30Gb.

eircom net Broadband Business Plus: the ADSL service which provides the Customer with unlimited hours per monthly billing, with a traffic allowance of 100Gb.

eircom net Broadband Business Starter: the ADSL service which provides the Customer with unlimited hours per monthly billing, with a traffic allowance of 50Gb.

This package is Alleged to be "unlimited" (But they can get you via Clause 7.7 and Clause 5.2
    eircom net Broadband Business Enhanced: the ADSL service which provides the Customer with unlimited hours per monthly billing, with an unlimited traffic allowance.
    Spec http://business.eircom.net/broadband/moreinfo/?package=busEnhanced
    It's €99 + VAT, plus Line Rental. That's about €150 a month. Actually really cheap if it is really "Unlimited". Many ISPs advertise packages that they claim are "Unlimited". One even has a 30G Cap. The details are usually well hidden and obscure.

8G Unlimited would I think be over 2 Terabyte a month. 12M Unlimited over 3T a month. If you regularly did near 750GByte I'd suspect that they would talk to you.

Even if a Cap is not enforced today, it's likely to be in the future.
    2. Provision of the service
    2.1 eircom net provides access to national and international resources to its Customers through its own network and connections to networks outside of eircom net. Access to these networks is contingent on observance of this Acceptable Usage Policy as the same may be amended from time to time and the current version of which is available on eircom net's web site, www.eircom.net. This Acceptable Usage Policy applies to all users of the eircom net service.

2.2 eircom net's services are provided to the Customer and the Customer therefore agrees to neither share the service, nor use the service to share eircom net sensitive information with any other person or body.

2.3 Use of the eircom net service is deemed to be an acceptance of this policy.

Also they can claim excessive traffic is a Distruption, Excessive Cost or Denial of Service
    4.6 Customers may not use eircom net services to engage in activities, which waste eircom net resources (people, networks, computers and financial).

4.7 Customers may not use eircom net services to engage in activities, which cause or are liable to cause disruption or denial of service to any eircom net customer and any user of the eircom net service.

Read http://www.eircom.net/policy/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

teddy b123 wrote: »
    Eircoms Buisness 8 meg broadband is uncapped

yes i had that until vodafone recently took by broadband... long story

was excellent, 10-11ms pings, real fast, pages loaded fast, rock solid reliability only went down 2 times in 10 months, once for an exchange upgrade, and once for a card fault in an access server... the only thing was cost, it cost €73 per month incl line rental and no calls.. expensive
    but you get what you pay for. i hated paying eircom for it, but it was the best BB on offer, and truely unlimited

watty wrote: »
    From Buisiness T&C http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/BBStandardTandCsv2.pdf

Also

There is a Cap, they just are not saying what it is.
    They only have one Acceptible Usage Policy I can find.
    http://www.eircom.net/policy/

This package is Alleged to be "unlimited" (But they can get you via Clause 7.7 and Clause 5.2

Spec http://business.eircom.net/broadband/moreinfo/?package=busEnhanced
    It's €99 + VAT, plus Line Rental. That's about €150 a month. Actually really cheap if it is really "Unlimited". Many ISPs advertise packages that they claim are "Unlimited". One even has a 30G Cap. The details are usually well hidden and obscure.

8G Unlimited would I think be over 2 Terabyte a month. 12M Unlimited over 3T a month. If you regularly did near 750GByte I'd suspect that they would talk to you.

Even if a Cap is not enforced today, it's likely to be in the future.

Also they can claim excessive traffic is a Distruption, Excessive Cost or Denial of Service

Read http://www.eircom.net/policy/

stop scare mongering! far better than digiwebs tiny caps.
    i had the 8mb business up until recently, and had it linked up to cctv so was sending / receiving a lot of data, a huge amount... i rang eircom and they said you are on a business service you are grand....

also their recent 3 strike rule only applies to residential customers, they told me that last week!!

• Advertisement

I'm quoting facts.

Yes it has large Caps, but it's not unlimited.

The Copyright infringement T&C rules apply to ALL customers, whether the IRMA agreement is applied or not.

I'm quoting facts.

IM quoting from real experience of having this product.

i had very very very high usage all the time, i called them and queried it a few times and was told im ok as i am unlimited, also it states on the bill in big bold print "unlimited download allowance".

its a business service...

i am just a customer who had the 8mb business service from eircom...

I'm quoting facts.

The Copyright infringement T&C rules apply to ALL customers, whether the IRMA agreement is applied or not.

eircom business informed me that it only applies to residential customers.

ingen wrote: »
    IM quoting from real experience of having this product.

i had very very very high usage all the time, i called them and queried it a few times and was told im ok as i am unlimited, also it states on the bill in big bold print "unlimited download allowance".

its a business service...

also you work for the competition digiweb? is that correct? i am just a customer who had the 8mb business service from eircom...

I do not work for Digiweb.

Yes, the IRMA agreement doesn't apply
    Yes, you can download loads.

No, it's not actually unlimited. Vodafone, Imagine (now) and in the past Smart had in print that the service was unlimited. They are not.

It's a very large limit. But not unlimited. The Policy document 100% applies and prohibition on infringing copyright 100% applies.

You try doing 2T byte traffic p.m. and see how long before it isn't fine.

I do not work for Digiweb.

Yes, the IRMA agreement doesn't apply
    Yes, you can download loads.

No, it's not actually unlimited. Vodafone, Imagine (now) and in the past Smart had in print that the service was unlimited. They are not.

It's a very large limit. But not unlimited. The Policy document 100% applies and prohibition on infringing copyright 100% applies.

You try doing 2T byte traffic p.m. and see how long before it isn't fine.

apologies so, i thought you worked for them, post edited.

dont think i would ever reach 2T of data per month...

one other question, why would a phoneline drop in quailty with a switch to a different provider for calls and broadband?? any ideas

• Advertisement

Are there any limitations in getting an eircom business package? Do you have to provide any business details are anything like that to avail of their packages?

Advertisement