Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAMPING AROUND MARQUEE CORK

Options
  • 12-06-2010 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi, can anyone help me, my mam and dad are going to Kenny Rogers sunday 20th, and they are going down in the camper van from Waterford, so looking for a camp site that would be close to the Marquee, any help would be great.

Thank's:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

If they really want to take the camper van, they'd want to be quite careful taking it down around the Marina area of the city. Many of the roads beyond the industrial area have the 2m barriers which prevent caravans and campers passing through. Due to the trees, these are not always the easiest to spot, particularly after dark. :eek: There are no official camp sites anywhere in this area of the city. It's all industrial and residential for miles around. It would probably be much easier to stay in a hotel somewhere in town, and get a taxi or the no. 2 bus each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

pommers wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone help me, my mam and dad are going to Kenny Rogers sunday 20th, and they are going down in the camper van from Waterford, so looking for a camp site that would be close to the Marquee, any help would be great.

Thank's:)

Well considering the Marquee is a stones throw from the City Centre there wont be any dedicated sites for miles Most of the parking areas around the Marquee have those steel bars above the entrance to restricted the height of entering vehicles. Id recommend a B&B.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

http://www.blarneycaravanpark.com/

This is proberly the closest camp site.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

Thank you all for the info, will pass it onto the folks and see what they want to do:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Thank you all for the info, will pass it onto the folks and see what they want to do:)

The was a campervan parked a few hundred metres from the Marquee site when I was passing through this morning, no barriers on centre park road. But not the nicest part of the world to spend a night though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

There is a halting site in Mahon if the fancy that.

evilivor wrote: »
    The was a campervan parked a few hundred metres from the Marquee site when I was passing through this morning, no barriers on centre park road. But the nicest part of the world to spend a night though.

mmm interesting, say they will drive down around and have a look...cheers:D fab down around cork alright:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Bumble32 wrote: »
    There is a halting site in Mahon if the fancy that.

and I'd say there might be a few 'residents' from it also going to see Mr. Rogers himself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

mmm interesting, say they will drive down around and have a look...cheers:D fab down around cork alright:)

I did omit the word "not" in my original post, as in, "But not the nicest part of the world to spend a night though."

evilivor wrote: »
    I did omit the word "not" in my original post, as in, "But not the nicest part of the world to spend a night though."

Yes you did but i was just saying down around Cork is a nice area as they are going to stay a few days down around the area, in a camping park.:D

• Advertisement

Cheers for all the replies, but think they are going to go with a b&b,best option,so am guessing they would be a few close by?

Advertisement