Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early leavers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Killio9

i love early leavers just love them,this thread is so stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Maybe they are making noise?

The guy next to me, can't keep his ****ing leg still! It seems to be on vibrate the whole bloody time, black shoes on a lino floor = hell. I actually got a headache from it during English Paper 2 :mad: So I can't wait untill he leaves! It is usually an hour before at least. So the last hour is bliss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Jack Leahy

DaveyDave wrote: »
    People can't help but make noise, especially if everyone is sitting quietly doing exams.

So far I've only finished early in Foundation Maths Paper I, I finished after an hour and spent half an hour double checking everything because I wasn't expecting to finish so early, who needs two and a half hours to do Foundation Maths Paper I?

Anyone who does Foundation Maths can't be great at it in fairness :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FyeaG

Cian92 wrote: »
    The guy next to me, can't keep his ****ing leg still! It seems to be on vibrate the whole bloody time, black shoes on a lino floor = hell. I actually got a headache from it during English Paper 2 :mad: So I can't wait untill he leaves! It is usually an hour before at least. So the last hour is bliss!

Tell him that, i had the same thing, after the exam i found him in the school yard and told him that, so it was choice for him, either stop it, or spend some time in hospital while the exams on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

I'm only doing the JC and I know it's not as important but the other day this fella got caught with his phone or something and got kicked out,5 minutes later his facebook status was:
    "Finishd geog in haf hr!lols!":rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

storm2811 wrote: »
    I'm only doing the JC and I know it's not as important but the other day this fella got caught with his phone or something and got kicked out,5 minutes later his facebook status was:
    "Finishd geog in haf hr!lols!":rolleyes:
    Lol. That's optimism for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Ok, I take big issue with this. I got 93% in my HL maths mock, I took part in the Olympiad programme, and I'm aiming to go straight into a Masters programme in maths next year, and I left maths early. Not to show off, but because I'd done all 8 questions in 1.5 hours and then looked back over EVERYTHING. There was no need to stay, yet suddenly I'm a "thick one" or I'll have to repeat? What a ridiculous, stupid, jealous sounding post.

I think you might be slightly misinformed? You have to be a graduate to do a masters.

I think you might be slightly misinformed? You have to be a graduate to do a masters.
    No, I'm not. It's a four year, condensed Masters programme. Look up st-andrews.ac.uk if you want confirmation, it's in the prospectus under Maths.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

In the UK, as far as I know, you can decide to do a masters or a degree before you start. Or at least you could for most of my UCAS choices anyway.

For the record, I think the Irish CAO is better than the UK's UCAS - it's much fairer

In the UK, as far as I know, you can decide to do a masters or a degree before you start. Or at least you could for most of my UCAS choices anyway.

For the record, I think the Irish CAO is better than the UK's UCAS - it's much fairer
    My personal statement was the greatest piece of self promotion ever written, it was spectacular, made me sound like an able bodied Stephen Hawking/Gandhi hybrid. :D

It is unfair though, especially for people who are uncomfortable with promoting themselves, or simply not good at essay writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

one fella keeps leaving 30mins after each paper but he always gives a liitle cough when he gets up :mad: i end up losing my train of thought because im thinking of how "cool" he is :rolleyes:. jk

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

I'm a rampant early leaver, everyone knows leaving early makes your penis grow immensely. The earlier you leave the bigger it grows.

LOL

But for serious, There was guy sitting across from me and he left 20 minutes into English Paper 2- he was doing HL btw. I just looked at him with a grin and he laughed under his breath. He knew he failed. Sad really....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

That's more normal, certainly.

However, some (longer) courses go straight to Masters level, rather than Bachelors + add-on = Masters.

Pretty uncommon in Ireland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

I'm not jealous in any way Mayoegian, maths isn't my thing, i'm happy enough with I can do though :cool:

My post was meant as a friendly warning/piece of advice for the poster, I know people who breezed through HL maths in secondary school and who've struggled consistently with University maths in their first 2 years even though it's slightly "dumbed down" as part of a science course rather than a full on maths degree. Thought i'd share a bit of insider knowledge with guy is all, but certainly not jealous ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

im doing 7 honours and hoping for near 600 but im doin pass french and i plan on leaving after half an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

im doing 7 honours and hoping for near 600 but im doin pass french and i plan on leaving after half an hour

People from Monaghan getting 600!??!?!?!?!?!?!? lol

I KEED. I KEED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

now now its happened before

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

lovelabel wrote: »
    so did I!

Dont know why English and Geo dont give enough time and then Irish gives us hours to spare! Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

Im sickened that ive to stick around on monday for the Aural! So inconvenient!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

except in OL Irish.

Join the club mate.

I've left every exam about 15-10mins before hand. After I was finished and happy with it. As for Irish... Im expecting myself to be done in 30mins, dreadful at it I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

That's more normal, certainly.

However, some (longer) courses go straight to Masters level, rather than Bachelors + add-on = Masters.

Pretty uncommon in Ireland though.

In Andrews its just Masters that they do.
    4 years instead of 3 like the rest of the UK.

Like for the Arts Omnibus, its 4 years instead of the usual 3 but you get an MA. It really isn't an accelerated course or anything or really that big of a deal. Nice to get into a prestigious college like Andrews but its just the standard Andrews undergrad degree. Not quite sure why anyone felt the need to make a big deal out of it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Cipango wrote: »
    Im sickened that ive to stick around on monday for the Aural! So inconvenient!!

That's gonna be a right balls.. Why did they put it AFTER the paper?? :confused:

I intend on leaving paper 2 after like 30 mins.. Whats the point when it's only worth 18% and I'm not even counting irish.. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭FordieMUFC

Only with pass maths.. I left 70 mins early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I've promised myself to stay till the death for all my exams. I might get the odd bit of inspiration from dreaming or thinking in the exam hall. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Finical wrote: »
    I've promised myself to stay till the death for all my exams. I might get the odd bit of inspiration from dreaming or thinking in the exam hall. :pac:

*LIKE*

I have exactly the same motto, worked to a great extent in Maths, got at least 2-3 more questions done by simply doing it again and again different ways on the questions sheet "Blank Pages". Could have gained a few % hopefully. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Take it from me, don't leave until the superintendant pulls the script off you.

I finished my LC exams about 15 minutes before the end normally but decided i'd see the allotted time out as i'd done 2 years of work to get there so i may as well take every chance i'm given.

I seen guys leaving Irish after 50 mins and i was determined that wouldn't be me. You'd be amazed what comes to you just sitting there.

I left a college exam early this year ( stupid i know ) and no sooner had i walked out the door after handing it in, had i remembered the answer to a short question.

Note to self: Take the time your given, afterall you've earned it.

RexMundi wrote: »
    In Andrews its just Masters that they do.
    4 years instead of 3 like the rest of the UK.

Like for the Arts Omnibus, its 4 years instead of the usual 3 but you get an MA. It really isn't an accelerated course or anything or really that big of a deal. Nice to get into a prestigious college like Andrews but its just the standard Andrews undergrad degree. Not quite sure why anyone felt the need to make a big deal out of it..
    Not for Science and maths degrees. I'm doing an MMath, a standard maths degree is either an MA or BSci. Those are the equivalent to a normal honours degree here, the MMath is different. I've got to do 600 credits in 4 years as opposed to 480 for an MA or BSci.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

I'm only planning on leaving early for the Irish papers. I'm really lazy during exams. I could have done my maths in about 1h 30mins but I always find myself sitting back in my seat relaxin so it took me the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Peter03

I always leave early, not because it's cool, because i'm finished. I don't know why you'd wait around after you've checked your paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I dont think I stayed to the end of any exam....... >_>

Advertisement