Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What if I don't turn up for Irish Paper 2?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Alice10

spurious wrote: »
    You will get an asterisk beside your result as you will be missing a component of the examination (Paper II).

do you know what happens if you dont show up for an exam that has only one paper like biology?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Alice10 wrote: »
    do you know what happens if you dont show up for an exam that has only one paper like biology?

If there is a practical assessed element like a project and it WAS done then the asterisk will be there, if there isn't and you just don't show up for the exam, nothing will appear on the result sheet.

Something will only appear on the result sheet if a mark has been registered in Athlone for the candidate, be it an oral exam, a project, a research essay, one paper of a two paper exam etc., if nothing has been recorded, nothing will appear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Alice10

spurious wrote: »
    If there is a practical assessed element like a project and it WAS done then the asterisk will be there, if there isn't and you just don't show up for the exam, nothing will appear on the result sheet.

Something will only appear on the result sheet if a mark has been registered in Athlone for the candidate, be it an oral exam, a project, a research essay, one paper of a two paper exam etc., if nothing has been recorded, nothing will appear.

okay thanks. Are you 100% sure though? like i wont have to ring anyone to take it off my subject list or anything?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Alice10 wrote: »
    okay thanks. Are you 100% sure though? like i wont have to ring anyone to take it off my subject list or anything?

It cannot show - there is no mark to give you if the only component is a written exam and you do not sit it.

There is no option to put 'absent' on the results sheet and they cannot give you NG as nothing from you was corrected. They certainly cannot give you zero marks as that would imply they corrected 'something'.

As long as there is not already a mark for you for the subject in Athlone's computer (from an oral, project or similar), not turning up on the day will mean no mention of that subject is on your results sheet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

SantryRed wrote: »
    No chance. I'm doing 6 honours and Irish as a pass. I haven't done any work all year. With the oral, listening and Paper One I'll get 40%. All I want. I won't get any higher than a C1 if I did try which is useless to me.

And what happens if you fail that? then you may not get in to college! It'll hardly be worth the extra hour for Business then!

Just go in and do what you can. It's better to have something done rather than absolutely nothing that you can add to your points with. As Tesco say Every Little Helps!

• Advertisement
Advertisement