Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing a water supply lake

Options
  • 12-06-2010 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

ok so hope this makes sense a lake i used to fish some years ago has recently been used for a community local water supply scheme some work was carried out such as a small damn and a small pier where the supply is pumped from, the lake has now been surrounded by a fence and a gate locked prevents access it isnt high security or anything just a typical farm fence and gate, is it illegal to fish this lake now i understand they dont want contaminates entering the water but i feel its a bit unfair there are no signs saying no fishing or anything:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Ask the local water boards.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

They have to keep livestock out, as they might contaminate drinking water.
    But you are poaching unless you have permission from the owner/farmer. Have you asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

thanks for advice i know a few locals so ill ask around who i need to ask for permission hopefully there will be no problem

Advertisement