Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some questions about CAD

Options
  • 12-06-2010 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

My gf is doing some work on CAD and I just have some questions......
    She's looking to extend her materials library and has been on CG textures.com and from what I've been told the materials there are in JPG format so.......
    if she downloads a texture as a JPG how does she add it to her material library and if you happen to know of any good sites for textures and or wireframe models please let me know. She is using AutoCad 2008.

I've used 3d studio max myself and in that program its possible to just map on the jpg to your shape and be done..........is this not possible with Autocad?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,352 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

AutoCad isn't really suitable for 3D work. TBH I wouldn't waste my time with the materials library and just leasrn 3D max instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Back around 1990 I was doing that kind of work and as Mellor said AutoCAD isnt the best for what you want to do. 3d studio max is suitable for 3d rendering. Recently I used AutoCAD's inventor for something similar and it looked very unprofessional.
    Solidworks with Blender also works well if you want a model to look real. Solidworks renders in a fraction of the time that it takes AutoCAD.

Advertisement