Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday evening Bus Eireann service from Dublin to Kilkee still going.

Options
  • 12-06-2010 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hello,
    I don't know if people are aware of this as Bus Éireann don't advertise this service anymore but at 5.05 pm every Friday there is a Non Stop service from Busáras to Kilkee via Limerick and Ennis. I travel on this quite regularly and it's a pity to see it not being put to better usage by Bus Éireann. It leaves at a good time and travels very quickly down from Dublin as it doesn't go through Kildare, Monasterevin, Nenagh, Portlaoise and now Mountrath and Borris in Ossory because of the extension of the motorway and arrives in Limerick usually at 8.20.
    This is a very good service as it picks up people outside the Dublin City Council Offices and at Newlands Cross and it doesn't stop again until Birdhill which is its first drop off point. After this it drops people at Daly's Cross, The Hurlers in Castletroy. Usually it arrives into Limerick Station at approx 8.20pm (subject to traffic delays coming down from Dublin).
    It then departs Limerick for Ennis, Kilrush and Kilkee at 8.25 (again subject to traffic). It arrives in Ennis station normally at 9.00pm and then departs for Kilrush and Kilkee usually around 9.05pm once the train from Dublin arrives into Ennis as there may be passengers on it for West Clare. According to the outdated timetable in Ennis Bus Station it leaves at 9.25 on a Friday but this is not the case, it usually leaves Ennis for Kilkee at approx 9.05pm
    Its a pity that Bus Éireann don't advertise this Friday Service as many people are unaware that a bus still goes back to Kilkee on a Friday night. In the last couple of weeks people have travelled on it as they only by chance saw it in Limerick and Ennis stations, they didn't know that that it went back on a Friday night.
    On a tourism note it would bring more people back to West Clare especially in the summer when people are on holidays from work or school/college.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

just a quick note, i found an easy bus finder. http://www.whensmybus.ie :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Secondhanddress

People don't think it's running because it only runs during holiday time apparently. We asked in Limerick before and the conductors hadn't a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭CarDriver

Depends on the inspector you meet. But still I agree though, most of them know nothing down there. I almost missed the same bus before Christmas in Limerick because they said that it was due in at 8.45 when in fact it left at 8.25. It's still going every Friday evening though without fail.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can anyone tell me if this bus is still in operation? I'm heading to Kilkee on Friday from Dublin, and i need to figure out the best way of getting there. As is, it's looking like a train to Limerick, then to Ennis, and then a bus/taxi to Kilkee.

Would be handy if the bus was running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭CarDriver

Hiya,

It's still going. Be in Busáras at 5.00 pm on Friday. Go to door 9 It will arrive just after the Donegal buses going.

• Advertisement
Advertisement