Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do you choose where to go - dublin

Options
  • 12-06-2010 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

So ive been on and off about the idea of a tattoo for a long time now,

few friends have them, problem am having is everyone seems to think there artist is best etc . go hear ask for john go here ask for mary. Basically everyone seems to think there guy is best be in inkwell, dragon, snakebite ..

anyway so in town during the week with my friend who has a lot of work done from a place in bray, but anyway to far for me to travel despite them meant to be cheaper then most, so he remembers a place on the keys he seen one day so we went down for a look

the guys were more then helpfull but didnt seem busy compared to most places but maybe the busy spots were just bigger or ppl getting the likes of star signs on, which wouldnt take long..

anyway, looks like ill be getting inked here in johnny eagles. but been told to go places where ppl have been to, how ever the tat,s my mates have are all picked from books and the likes, the guy I met patrik a sound hungarian guy is designing me up one from the info and pics I had to show him.
    He showed me some of his work and I defo liked it, so do I just go here and then be the guy who can recommend places or is it just a fad that everyone likes to hear themselves and give there opinion which obviously there going to think is right...

any feedback on the place be cool, seems extremly clean and helpfull.
    dragon just seemed busy and unhelpfull

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mrmojo

You seem to have the right idea. Have a look around the different places and pick somebody YOU like. My mate got a tattoo from someone who was highly recommended a few years ago and they made a proper hash of it.

The sticky thread with all the artists portfolios here is very useful too you should check that out if you havent already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭alfy101

Hey I actually missed the sticky thread :o went through alot of them, snake ite certainly have my attention. Looks ive a lot more window shopping to do.. :rolleyes:

thanks for the reply

Advertisement