Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Zombie Survival forum Horror tournament.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Dead Snow Zeds
    Pitch Black for me. Comparing both situations the scenario in Pitch Black would just have me scared ****less. These things are airbourne and can literally strike at any time once you step foot outside at night. In regards to I Am Legend, at the very least at least you could see them coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Pitch black rally and take the lead 4 -2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Really, if ya read the book - HUMANITY is/are the real monsters of I Am Legend and I'm more afraid of my fellow humans than I ever will be of any monster.

That being said - Pitch Black it is.

Pitch Black need one more to take this round.

Anyone any objections to me playing?

Since the I am Legend creatures are only affected by direct sunlight and not other light sources, I feel they have the upper hand. the pitch black lads, need total darkness or they can't function.

The I am Legend displayed some sort of intelligence as in they could build traps and have a social structure. I think they have enough in the mental department to overcome the sheer numbers of the Pitch black creatures.

For me, I am Legend wins out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Going to go with I Am Legend as well.

Pitch Black ones were good but the intelligence of the I Am Legends makes them better imo. If you take their physiologies into account, the I Am Legends have clear superiority (as "enhanced" humans), especially considering the blind spot weakness of the Pitch Blacks.

The Pitch Blacks were potent enemies but attacked as animals primarily. The I Am Legends had the ability to attack as an "army", which prioritised the removal of the weapons that could take them out (those UV lamps) first before going for the house. There was definite cognitive ability behind that attack. It was also goal orientated, as distinct from an instinctive attack (although I will admit that this ultimately served to their detriment).

In an interesting turn of events, I am Legend comes rushing back.It's anyone's battle now.

Pitch Black 5 - 4 I am Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

Sorry, but I think I'm going to have to go for Pitch Black.

I know I am Legend has the light sensitivity advantage, but I just think Pitch Black are more scary for some reason!

Boom and just like that, it's lights out for I am Legend, more like I could have been a Legend but failed :pac:

Pitch Black proceed to round 2

Next battle to be posted shortly.

Round 1 Battle 4

Battle of the bite

Blade

More info

wesley-snipes.jpg

V

Angel

More info

5019d1020045991-pics-of-angel-david-boreanaz-in_the_dar.jpg

V

Lestat

More info

res1.jpg

Three way battle, only one can proceed to round 2.

• Advertisement

UGH.... only good thing is we can take out 2 sissy vamp-related things in one battle. I'd submit they ALL die BUT....

I'll take Blade in this one... despite Snipes.

Dead Snow Zeds
    :(

Blade is the damn daywalker, I cannot look past this advantage of sunlight in dispatching both Lestat and Angel.

Then again, it might not be a situation where Blade is hunting them. He could have happened upon a fight between Angel and Lestat at night. But even so, I think Blade is just a tad bit too skilled and badass for them, even in a straight up fight at night.

Blade wins for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Blade
    c'mon i'ts Wesely Snipes with a goddamned sword! who else is gonna win?

Wtf?

Where's Edward, the most badass vampire of them all?

edward-cullen-robert-pattinson1.jpg

Even though he's not a vampire I'm going to go for Blade too.
    Angel is a bit of a pussy imo.

It's a tough decision between Blade and Lestat, hard to call like, but I prefer Blade so he gets my vote.

How twilight should have ended:
    twilightblade.jpg

LZ5by5 wrote: »

Then again, it might not be a situation where Blade is hunting them. He could have happened upon a fight between Angel and Lestat at night. But even so, I think Blade is just a tad bit too skilled and badass for them, even in a straight up fight at night.

I don't know about a straight up surprise fight at night, could see Blade escaping though. Anyway, he's too clever to let himself get into that situation!

Wow, 4-0-0 to Blade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

Alien
    blade for the win!!

nothing can beat blade and his epic lines such as ' i was born ready, mu****a' such great scripting :L:L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Van Helsing
    Blade - badass.

Blade stands over a couple of heaps of ash. 6 - 0 - 0

Blade proceeds to round 2 with a record braking kill rate.

Next battle to follow shortly.

Round 1 Battle 5

Whoever Wins, We Lose

Alien versus. Predator

alien-vs-predator-ff07.jpg

• Advertisement

Actually not seen the movie.... Taking Alien. Acid Blood. Intelligence. Reproductive method, etc.

I know Predator has all the toys, etc but I'll still take Alien.

Oh man, was waiting for that one since I saw the thread!

Will have to have a think about it.

I think Alien is definitely more scary, but Predator is a lot cooler imo! And predator is more intelligent I'd say.

1-0 to Alien

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

predator just cause he's so badass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Van Helsing
    ARGH this is a tough one. I love both of them so much, but this is how it breaks down.. Predator falls under action to me, Alien was horror. Predator is a hunter and hunts creatures it sees as a challenge, Alien being the biggest challenge.

Aliens can reproduce so fast and bleed acid, also they have the ability to hide in the walls etc and come from any angle. As we've seen with AVP movies predators have a conscience and some human emotions... Aliens on the other hand don't hesitate to kill.

Alien gets the Vote

Dead Snow Zeds
    Straight one on one? Predator for sure. It's only when there's more than one that the Pred is ****ed.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Straight one on one? Predator for sure. It's only when there's more than one that the Pred is ****ed.

Good point.... one of Alien's strengths is in it's numbers. Or can be anyway - 1 is still a problem. More than that and yer truly screwed.

Neck and neck 2-2

I'm going for Predator.

He has the coolness factor and as mentioned he hunts aliens (and humans) for fun. Alien is a bit scarier, but it's like choosing between a man and a lion I think.

• Advertisement

So what is it, Man or Lion? :P

Pred takes the lead 3-2

Advertisement