Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Zombie Survival forum Horror tournament.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Alien
    predator,they made the aliens.Even barehanded they can take one down,they are physically stronger and are much more coordinated physically and socially as well as killing dozens of the aliens as a rite of passage,how badass is that?

the toys are epic,the guy making the spear out of the dead bug in AVP.

Predator all they way,just too awesome to lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Pred stalks ahead 4-2

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭blockedPaT

I'm going for Predator, has all the cool toys and hunts the aliens for fun.

One more will see Pred through to round 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Van Helsing
    predator,they made the aliens.Even barehanded they can take one down,they are physically stronger and are much more coordinated physically and socially as well as killing dozens of the aliens as a rite of passage,how badass is that?

the toys are epic,the guy making the spear out of the dead bug in AVP.

Predator all they way,just too awesome to lose

Nope they did not make them. :p

People seem to be basing it on a drone alien taking on a fully equipped predator in a fight.

Maybe it is a queen alien versus a predator.

If so, then no contest. The puny predator who likes to make friends with spunky female leads gets sliced, diced, and second mouth bitten through the skull.

• Advertisement

Alien makes a come back 5-3 to Pred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Im going to go with Predator, if it was a one on one fight.

I think Predator has the edge because its intelligent and can make decisions based on what situation its in. It can also improvise weapons (as seen in the movie). Alien is a animal and as a result has the instincts of one. Feed, kill, reproduce etc.

Ding ding ding. Pred sends Alien packing for the boarder.

Pred takes it 6 - 3

Next battle will be posted shortly and was chosen by Ginja Ninja :)

Round 1 Battle 6

The TopDog

Lucian

More info

underworld3_21.jpg

v

Van Helsing

more info

van-helsing.jpg

v

The American Werewolf

More Info

werewolf_in_london.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Alien got hosed.

...and screw the lycans - Gimme the human hunter.

Vote for Van Helsing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Going to go with Lucian on this. His superiority and extra resilience when compared to other werewolves makes him more than a match for the American Werewolf (also, his ability to fight with human weaponry gives him the best of both worlds really).

This in turn leaves him in a prime position to beat Van Helsing. Who, while he could give a very good fight (definitely besting the American werewolf), probably couldn't gain a sufficient edge over Lucian to be victorious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Van Helsing
    what a terrible picture for the american werewolf!? it must be the french one?

My vote goes to american werewolf in london, When i first seen the film and watched the first attack i **** myself. also best transformation scenes, and his victims can come back as zombie ghosts to haunt.

All square at 1 all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Dracula from Van Helsing
    I'd have to go with Lucian.

A right vicious bastard, that still has his human sensibilities when he's in Fido form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Alien
    again,thanks for letting me choose,man

Lucien has been my favourite werewolf since I first saw him,he has the strength and intelligence to lead a f*cking army[a werewolf army none the less] as well as having the ability to remain lucid once has has changed which the other two cannot,he can change at will which is the downside most werewolves have,they only turn in a full moon[american wolf]

So yeah,Lucien kicks his way up into firt place

Lucien=3
    American=1
    Van Helsing=1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The Fog
    I'll go with Lucien too. Don't know a lot about Van Helsing or the other one, but Lucien seemed pretty tough. It might also have something to do with the fact that Michael Sheen is a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭NOGMaxpower

Has to be Lucien since he's the first Werewolf and the most powerful.

the rest are just actors in drag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Dead Snow Zeds
    Lucian because I think he goes beyond being a mere feral werewolf. Plus, if he's in trouble he can just use his status to call in the calvary. :pac:

Van Helsing
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Lucian because I think he goes beyond being a mere feral werewolf. Plus, if he's in trouble he can just use his status to call in the calvary. :pac:

Stops being a one on one fight then though. :p If we allow that, then the alien could have attacked the predator and had it's mates join in. :D

As for the big dogs. Well if it is a one on one fight based solely on their strengths and weaknesses in the films, I have to go with the horribly CGI'd form of the Van Helsing werewolf due to it being bigger, faster, stronger and more feral in werewolf mode.

If we had taken the actual first werewolf from the Underworld timeline, William Corvinus, then I would have gone for the Underworld werewolf for the win.

Lucian was never listed as the original werewolf in the Underworld timeline. He was more a Spartacus figure as he was the son of an enslaved werewolf who eventually led an uprising, but he was far less powerful than the first werewolf in that timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭NOGMaxpower

Kess73 wrote: »
    Stops being a one on one fight then though. :p If we allow that, then the alien could have attacked the predator and had it's mates join in. :D

As for the big dogs. Well if it is a one on one fight based solely on their strengths and weaknesses in the films, I have to go with the horribly CGI'd form of the Van Helsing werewolf due to it being bigger, faster, stronger and more feral in werewolf mode.

If we had taken the actual first werewolf from the Underworld timeline, William Corvinus, then I would have gone for the Underworld werewolf for the win.

Lucian was never listed as the original werewolf in the Underworld timeline. He was more a Spartacus figure as he was the son of an enslaved werewolf who eventually led an uprising, but he was far less powerful than the first werewolf in that timeline.

ahhh so i got confused i though Lucien was the original werewolf?

He'd still win imo

• Advertisement

Van Helsing
    ahhh so i got confused i though Lucien was the original werewolf?

He'd still win imo

Nah Lucian was born in human form centuries after Willam Corvinus became the first and most powerful werewolf in the Underworld timeline. His brother Markus became the first vampire in the film's mythology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

I haven't seen any of the films I don't think so I'm abstaining from voting this time!

Van Helsing
    dioltas wrote: »
    I haven't seen any of the films I don't think so I'm abstaining from voting this time!

Ahh throw in a vote. That way we will be a vote closer to getting to the next pairing. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

As much as giving respect in anyway to underworld annoys me I will vote for Lucien, he's fully in control of his human side (always extra lethal for a Loup Garou).

Wow, Lucien kicks the ass and makes puppies out of the other two,

By my count, that's 8 votes to Lucien with the others 1 each.

Next battle to be posted shortly.

Round 1 Battle 7

Battle For The Future

-v-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Dead Snow Zeds
    Even though the T-800 won the actual original battle, I think if you replayed this fight 10 times that the T-1000 would win 9 times out of 10. The T-1000 is near indestructible. In a straight up one on one with no distractions the T-1000 should win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Van Helsing
    yeah T-1000, the fact that the 800 won originally was just a hollywood happy ending, in a real fight t-1000 is pretty much indestructable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

T1000 - plot convenience would not transfer to an actual battle. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Another for T-1000. Pretty much indestructible, no way an 800 would have a chance.

Advertisement