Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One euro = one pound

Options
  • 12-06-2010 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Are there many shops in NI still offering one euro = one pound?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

two chances of anyone doing it, they're not going to take a 20% hit, no matter how much extra business it gets them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

There are a few place's doing it some furniture shop's only good if you are buying furniture you cant just go in and get them to change money for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

There are a few places doing it some furniture shops

A bit like the well known shop in the Newry area that used to have "Punt for Pound, 20% discount for Sterling".

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Best I saw was someplace in Erneside in Enniskillen offering 90p for €1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭g32

basquille wrote: »
    Best I saw was someplace in Erneside in Enniskillen offering 90p for €1.

FR Cathcart DIY and home Decor offer GBP 0.90 for EUR 1.00. They also do offers at the checkout whereby they offer you a discount if you are not happy with the price (something which you rarely ever get down south)

Last week, I purchased several things there. One example is a wire brush which I paid GBP 1.00 (EUR 1.23). Down in my local DIY I have to pay EUR 5.00 for same. FR Cathcart offered it for GBP 0.70 (EUR 0.86).

Also:

Jims Paints and Papers have 20% off sale in November and (possibly August). I bought my house paints there last November and saved EUR 80.00 compared to my local paint shop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement