Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the "Handiest" questions to do on Paper 2 tomorrow??

• 12-06-2010 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

I havnt done a wild bit of studyin on it so what do ya reccomend me doin?
    Any easy enough questions

Ordinary Paper

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Tomorrow?!?!

I thought it was on Monday. ;)

If it's maths you're on about I'd go with statistics, the line, the circle, area and volume, linear programming and probability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

user12 wrote: »
    I havnt done a wild bit of studyin on it so what do ya reccomend me doin?
    Any easy enough questions

VECTORS really is your only man. It's not that difficult to get 50/50 if you've studied the chapter, they never really throw you anything mean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Lol. Probability, on Monday, that is.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Higher or Ordinary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

I know proberbility is easy.. but my fecking book that is a piece of crap doesnt explain it properly.. everything in the exam papers is different..

Thanks to getting a horrible maths paper 1 I have to waste my Irish study time on Maths Paper 2 to make sure I pass :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Having just looked at vectors today in my book and trying some exam q's it really does seem grand :) Your man on 'countdown to 906' kept recommending it. We did linear programming though so I might do both and get the marks in whichever I did best in. Can you do that? Or are you only supposed to do one option from section B?

For Section A I plan on questions 1,2,5,6,7 and MAYBE 4 if its an easy theorem that I can remember :)

Conor108 wrote: »
    Having just looked at vectors today in my book and trying some exam q's it really does seem grand :) Your man on 'countdown to 906' kept recommending it. We did linear programming though so I might do both and get the marks in whichever I did best in. Can you do that? Or are you only supposed to do one option from section B?

For Section A I plan on questions 1,2,5,6,7 and MAYBE 4 if its an easy theorem that I can remember :)
    Vectors is in section A

Vectors is in section A

Sorry I'm in OL!:D

Oh right. Wondered for a minute if there was an extra one somewhere. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Finical wrote: »

If it's maths you're on about I'd go with statistics, the line, the circle, area and volume, linear programming and probability.

You basically named the whole course for paper 2 except Trigonometry.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭user12

whats vectors??
    what question?

NotExactly wrote: »
    You basically named the whole course for paper 2 except Trigonometry.:rolleyes:
    Paul van Dyk fan?

Paul van Dyk fan?

Are you referring to my user name?:D

user12 wrote: »
    whats vectors??
    what question?

On 2009's paper 2 its question 9.

So I know the answer to this, but the bolded, underlined writing is scary. I can attempt more than one question on section B right? And just get marked out of the better one? Its not like "This sly bast**d attempted 2 questions! CANCELLED!" right? RIGHT!?

Are you referring to my user name?:D
    Well, AFAIK Paul van Dyk doesn't have a lot to do with paper 2 and trigonometry. ;)

Well, AFAIK Paul van Dyk doesn't have a lot to do with paper 2 and trigonometry. ;)

Well Okay then to answer your question i'm a Paul Van Dyke fan, listen to him on Saturday nights on i102-104.

But my user name has nothing to do with Paul Van Dyke.:D

Well Okay then to answer your question i'm a Paul Van Dyke fan, listen to him on Saturday nights on i102-104.

But my user name has nothing to do with Paul Van Dyke.:D
    It was Nothing But You I was thinking of. NotExactly is Deadmau5, isn't it?

It was Nothing But You I was thinking of. NotExactly is Deadmau5, isn't it?

Phew taught you didn't no the worlds greatest Dj there for a minute:D

That is DEADMAU5!

Listen to the bit at 4:15. That's gonna be blaring out my speakers on the 25th of June just after my last exam.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

Listen to the bit at 4:15. That's gonna be blaring out my speakers on the 25th of June just after my last exam.:D

Poor thing! There till the very end!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

Just wondering, lets say if you did part b of a question one way. then did it again another way and got a different answer, would you get full marks if one of them was right?

• Advertisement

Cipango wrote: »
    Poor thing! There till the very end!

I like my exams spaced out:rolleyes: Atleast when i'm on the beer so will every one else:D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭blacklionboy

I reckon if the exams too hard tomorrow we just spread a rumour we saw that exam on the internet the night before!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

For me it will be statistics, Linear programming, area/volume,Line,circle then ,Trigonometry

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

Probability, Stats and Linear Programming are all good ones for getting 40+.
    A+V can be good sometimes, but there can be so tough questions.
    Trig is upredictable. Personally, I find it difficult enough. The line is okay. Circle is meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

JoeyBuddy wrote: »
    The line is okay. Circle is meh.

Just keep in mind that parallel lines have the same slope and that perpendicular lines' slopes multiplied by eachother gives -1 and you should be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 loocas

I've heard a few people say the Trig Q is hard but I always find myself getting 40+ marks on it. They always ask the same things: Pythagoras, Cosine Rule, Sin Rule.

I really don't get what's so hard about it.

Trig Q can be awkward, probability is super easy, circle isn't difficult but takes ages, same with line, vectors are usually easy but occasionally the c part is nasty, and Q8 is formulaic and repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

anyone have notes on probability... we done it in 5th year but i thru out my book last week and i dont wanna attempt trig :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Conor108 wrote: »
    On 2009's paper 2 its question 9.

So I know the answer to this, but the bolded, underlined writing is scary. I can attempt more than one question on section B right? And just get marked out of the better one? Its not like "This sly bast**d attempted 2 questions! CANCELLED!" right? RIGHT!?

AFAIK the examiner has to mark you out of your best questions. So in theory you could attempt every question!

• Advertisement
Advertisement